San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

question: my pd (on letter) is june 23, but on the online portfolio it said your application was received on June 28th.. i guess it's only a few days difference but i'm curious if anyone has the same situation (different dates like that?)

bnb913 said:
question: my pd (on letter) is june 23, but on the online portfolio it said your application was received on June 28th.. i guess it's only a few days difference but i'm curious if anyone has the same situation (different dates like that?)

I have the same situation - online portfolio says N-400 wasa received in June 16, butthe pd is June 13... I think they just being sloppy.

Hi All,

I completed my journey for the citizenship process! My wife and I had our oath ceremony on Sep 20th and we got our US passports through expedited processing on Sep 21st! Here are my details:

N-400 filed at CSC: April 19, 2006
N-400 received at CSC: April 24, 2006
FP: May 26, 2006 (appointment)
Interview notice: June 14, 2006
Interview date: August 25, 2006
Oath letter received: August 29, 2006
Oath done: September 20, 2006
Passport received: September 21, 2006
This forum helped me a lot in tracking the progress of other applicants and also answering many of my questions. I hope my statistics can help others in the same way.

Jagan

bnb913 said:

Yes, it is common. My notice says priority date is 5/24 but online status, which has disappeared since 8/23, used to say 5/26. BTW, 5/26 was the date when my check was encashed.

My interview got cancelled! I received a letter about two weeks ago stating that "due to unforseen circumstances, they'll have to resched my interview". How common or uncommon is this? It was scheduled for the 31st of October. Just a little worried.I filed May 25, 2006 in San Jose.

No Interview letter yet

Hi everyone,

We neither received interview letter nor there is any chnage in on line status. Based on following dates, I am wondering what could be next logical step. Any advice at this stage will be useful.
------------
PD 4/28
FP 6/1
Interview letter ???
----------

i) Is it worthwhile calling customer service at this stage.

ii) Can infopass route yield any new information

iii) We live in bay area and applied at CSC. How can we find out whether the case has been transferred to DO or not.

I confirmed with FBI and they sent the finger printing result on 6/1. Seems like never ending process :confused:

Thanks

I think your fingerprint should be fine. It may be the name check delay. You should schedule a infopass (http://infopass.uscis.gov/) to find out what is going on, because it has been almost 4 months since your fingerprint is taken.

Good luck,

Jack

galaxy3 said:
Hi everyone,

We neither received interview letter nor there is any chnage in on line status. Based on following dates, I am wondering what could be next logical step. Any advice at this stage will be useful.
------------
PD 4/28
FP 6/1
Interview letter ???
----------

iii) We live in bay area and applied at CSC. How can we find out whether the case has been transferred to DO or not.

I confirmed with FBI and they sent the finger printing result on 6/1. Seems like never ending process :confused:

Thanks

restrictoin on Infopass

Is there any limit on how many days should have elapsed before we can contact the Infopass, after the FP appt is done ?

Mine is done on 7/20 and still havent received the interivew letter.
My friend did the FP the same day and has got interview appt for 10/3.

thanks,

immig06 said:
Is there any limit on how many days should have elapsed before we can contact the Infopass, after the FP appt is done ?

Mine is done on 7/20 and still havent received the interivew letter.
My friend did the FP the same day and has got interview appt for 10/3.

There is no pre-defined limit set on when you can use Infopass. However, just to ease you pain, there are plenty of people who have had their FP done even before you and are still waiting. I know several of my acquaintances who have been waiting since end of May or early June after getting their FP done. I am in that boat as well. So, patience is probably the only call of the hour.

galaxy3 said:

Yes, that will definitely give you some peace of mind that your application is being processed and is not lost in mail or something. However, don't get your hopes too high in terms of finding more detail on where it is stuck.

galaxy3 said:

Certainly. You will at least find out whether your case has been transferred to the local DO or is still stuck at the national service center. Again, don't keep too high a hope to find out details on where it is stuck. But it will sure give you some peace of mind.

galaxy3 said:

If you take an Infopass appointment, the immigration officer you speak with will be able to tell you whether or not your case has been transferred to local DO.

I have taken all of those routes. First took Infopass and found out that my case is still with the national service center. Then called the national service center's customer support and got a chance to talk to an officer after over an hour wait and found out that my case is still being processed and an interview letter has not yet been issued.

BTW, my case was updated on 8/23 and status disappeared from the online case status site the same day. So, I was expecting an interview letter last month. But alas, it does not work the same way for everyone.

takadigi, how did you get to talk to someone? the automatic message just drives me crazy.. i don't know what button to press and really want to just talk to SOMEONE @ the national service center.. :(

bnb913 said:
takadigi, how did you get to talk to someone? the automatic message just drives me crazy.. i don't know what button to press and really want to just talk to SOMEONE @ the national service center.. :(

After you key in your receipt number and get the automated message, you need to hold for a little while. At that point, the prompt will tell you to press 2 (I think) to proceed to the next step. That will take you to the operator who will ask you some basic question and then will put you in the queue to talk to an immigration officer. The 1+ hour wait would start from there.

Had FP at San Jose today

I assume I have to wait (and pray I don't fall into the 'name check' hole) till I get the interview letter?

ok this is weird.. i called the number and get to talk to someone.. couldn't find out much (as expected) but she did say that the case is now with the local DO.. because it has to be transferred there BEFORE you take your finger print.. apparently the DO scheduled the finger print so it was transferred there before that.. i don't get this, i thought it's only transferred there once b4 the interview?

bnb913 said:
ok this is weird.. i called the number and get to talk to someone.. couldn't find out much (as expected) but she did say that the case is now with the local DO.. because it has to be transferred there BEFORE you take your finger print.. apparently the DO scheduled the finger print so it was transferred there before that..

That's quite a BS. BTW, did you just talk to the operator or were trasferred to an immigration officer after the operator screened you? If the case is former, I can understand the reason because the operators have no clue about immigration and naturalization process.

it was an immigration officer.. actually i called 2 times and the 2nd time this guy explained quite clearly that the case is transferred to DO when they schedule the FP and that it'll stay in the DO for the whole time.. i said clearly because he talked for a LONG time without any pause or thinking (so i assume he knows what he's talking about :) then he told me to go get an infopass apt because 'they can tell you more about your case than us" :confused: should i even bother with an infopass? how's it in san jose anyway? had an info pass one back when i was waiting for the GC in san francisco.. although i had an appointment i was waiting for a long time to talk to someone

Infopass experience: NO interview letter yet

Hi takagidi

Today, we exercised Infopass route (not expecting much) and learnt that our case is still with CSC, as name check process is continuing. The officer shared that case is not yet transferred to SJ DO, as name check is still on going.

Perhaps, next step for us would be to call CSC. Do you have any suggestions while approaching CSC?

We understand from your earlier post, we just needed to hold the line after messaging, select option 2, wait for about an hour.

Thanks

galaxy3 said:
We understand from your earlier post, we just needed to hold the line after messaging, select option 2, wait for about an hour.

After you select that option, you will first be routed to the operator. Don't tell the operator that Infopass told that your case is pending name check. Just tell him/her that you took Infopass and they told you that your case has not yet moved to the local DO and you want to find out more detail on what is pending. You will then be routed to a waiting line (will be well over an hour) to talk to an immigration officer. The IO will be able to give you more detail.

Got US Passort

I have gotten US passort. Applied with expedited service at post office and took exactly 1 week to get it.
Good luck to others.

My N-400 Status

Here are details of my N-400 status

09/25/06 - Applied to CSC
09/27/06 - Receipt at CSC
09/29/06 - Check cashed

Last edited by a moderator: