San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

I haven't recd anything for oath. I know someone who had their interview on 3rd Aug and waiting for oath letter.

Can anyone shed somelight on how do we notified about oath. Do we get a separate letter for oath or do we get it right after the interview by IO?

Name change in San Jose

I was wondering if you can also request for name change at the time of Citizenship approval at San Jose DO ?

Thanks!

userofimmi said:
Can anyone shed somelight on how do we notified about oath. Do we get a separate letter for oath or do we get it right after the interview by IO?

You will get a separate notice for oath.

My timeline

DO : San Jose
5/30/06: N400 Mailed to CSC
6/06/06: N-400 Receive Date as well as Priority Date
6/19/06: FP Notice Date
7/11/06: FP Appointment
?: Interview Date
?: Oath date

Waiting for oath letter. interviewed on 05/06

Please let me know if any one who interviewed in Aug got the oath letter, because I am planning to travle to india. Please share the info.

Thanks,
Sibbi

bayareaboy said:
Anybody who appeared for interview at San Jose in august has gotten oath letter yet ?
Asking again as i really need this info as i have some travel plans and need to make a decision.
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone received interview letters In Aug

Did anyone recieve interview letters in Aug ?
Here are my details :

7/20/06: FP Appointment
Waiting for interview letters

US Citizen! :)
As of today I am US Citizen. The entire N-400 process went smooth and San Jose DO was good to me - five and a half months from filing to Oath!
Thanks to all board members and good luck.
McBV

Received Date - 03/14/06
Priority Date - 03/14/06
Notice Date - 03/28/06
Notice Received - 03/31/06
FP Notice Received- 04/17/06
FP Date - 04/29/06
Interview Notice Received 05/13/06
Interview Date 07/25/06
Oath letter received: 07/31/06
Oath: 08/23/06

Last edited by a moderator:
McBV said:
US Citizen! :)
As of today I am US Citizen. The entire N-400 process went smooth and San Jose DO was good to me - five and a half months from filing to Oath!
Thanks to all board members and good luck.

Congratulations McBV!

I interviewed on 3rd Aug but haven't received it yet. Went to Monterey Street USCIS office with Infopass to enquire and apparently "the officer hasn't forwarded it to his supervisor yet". The person on the infopass desk wasn't all that friendly/helpful. His standard response was wait for at least 6 months before enquiring.

When did you appear for interiew? Let us know if you or anyone else receives the oath letter. Thanks.

sibbi said:
Please let me know if any one who interviewed in Aug got the oath letter, because I am planning to travle to india. Please share the info.

Thanks,
Sibbi

Waiting for oath letter

I had interview on Aug/05/06. let us know if any one recevies oath letter for interviews done in and arround Aug. Thanks much.

rsh431 said:
I interviewed on 3rd Aug but haven't received it yet. Went to Monterey Street USCIS office with Infopass to enquire and apparently "the officer hasn't forwarded it to his supervisor yet". The person on the infopass desk wasn't all that friendly/helpful. His standard response was wait for at least 6 months before enquiring.

When did you appear for interiew? Let us know if you or anyone else receives the oath letter. Thanks.

rsh431 , I read in some posts that the officer congratulated after the interview

rsh431 , I read in some posts that the officer congratulated them after the interview on becoming a U.S. Citizen. Apparently that is not the case for everyone. Others, please post your experience after the interview before oath (how long did you have to wait, any unusual delays etc.)

ramrama said:
rsh431 , I read in some posts that the officer congratulated them after the interview on becoming a U.S. Citizen. Apparently that is not the case for everyone.

That is the case for everyone who passes the interview and has successfully cleared name check. If not, the interview officer clearly indicates that to the applicant.

That is true. I was congratulated by officer too. And he was quiet friendly. He
went through everything to make sure all was clear. He even picked up the phone and found out that dates are available for Aug and he will try to get me one. But that was not to be the case. From the post on this site and from people I have talked to, it takes around 6 weeks to take the oath after interview. So I am hoping for Sept.

takadigi said:
That is the case for everyone who passes the interview and has successfully cleared name check. If not, the interview officer clearly indicates that to the applicant.

I had the interview yesterday. Officer congratulated me and told me that you will be going for Sep.20 th Oath ceremony and I should expect to receive Oath letter in next couple of weeks.

rsh431 said:
That is true. I was congratulated by officer too. And he was quiet friendly. He
went through everything to make sure all was clear. He even picked up the phone and found out that dates are available for Aug and he will try to get me one. But that was not to be the case. From the post on this site and from people I have talked to, it takes around 6 weeks to take the oath after interview. So I am hoping for Sept.

jackie88x said:
I had the interview yesterday. Officer congratulated me and told me that you will be going for Sep.20 th Oath ceremony and I should expect to receive Oath letter in next couple of weeks.

I just came back from my interview today at San Jose DO, and passed the interview. I arrived about 20 minutes earlier, and then got called into the interview by the officer about 5 minutes before my actual interview appointment time. The interview took about 20 minutes. She asked me 5 ~ 7 questions from the sample question list in the citizenship guide, and also asked me to write and read a short sentence. She went through the same questions that I had answered in N-400, and cross-referenced some information from my past visa document form that she also had in my file to make sure that there is no discrepancy.

Contrary to the experiences by some people who posted their interview experiences, the officer who interviewed me didn't tell me to expect to receive Oath letter in a next couple of weeks or to go to the Oath ceremony in September (9/20 in Campbell). She told me that I should expect to get the letter for Oath in 1 to 3 months. She didn't tell me that there is not any pending name check or anything during the interview, either.

As some posts indicate, perhaps, it is taking a bit longer lately to receive the oath letter(???).

Got oath letter today !

I just got my oath letter today for Sep 20 oath at Campbell.
I hope others who had their interview done from around end of july to around 10th august will get in next couple of days at most.

bayareaboy said:
I just got my oath letter today for Sep 20 oath at Campbell.
I hope others who had their interview done from around end of july to around 10th august will get in next couple of days at most.

congrats!! and, it is good to hear that there are indeed some people getting the oath notice letter (less than ~1 month) within the time frame that many posters mentioned in the past. i am hoping that i get the oath notice letter for september ceremony, so that i can book a flight to visit my family. my sister is due to give birth to her first child in late october to early november, and it will be just awesome if i can be there when i become his/her uncle, and meet my first nephew or niece. :)

and... also good luck to others who are also waiting for the interview or the oath notice letters.

Status of my time line

Following is the timeline for me and my wife for the N400 app.

PD-04/04/2006 - Spouse - 04/04/2006
FP-05/10/2006 - Spouse - 05/10/2006
ID - Waiting - Spouse - 08/09/2006
ORD- N/A - Spouse - 08/25/2006
OD - N/A - Spouse - 09/20/2006

ORD- Oath letter receive date
OD - Oath Date
Note:
One of my friend's wife is in the same timeline and she also got the oath for 09/20/2006.
Another friend of mine got the interview letter for October 20, 2006 yesterday.

I am still in the waiting boat for my interview letter. Hopefully they will send my letter soon.

Hi r2ichennai2007...would it be possible for you to let us know when your friend did their fingerprinting in order to get interview date of Oct 20th, 2006?

This would help all of us who are waiting for Interview letter out to see how the timelines are going.

Thanks... :)