San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Attended oath today at 10AM and we were out by 11AM. Registered to Vote. :)

Applied for passport with 10 day option at USPS on Meridian Ave.

One thing, I was amazed at their accuracy they arranged naturalization certificates in order to distribute one by one.

Now wait for the passport and then OCI......

Congratulation.
......"Move to PP and OCI now."
Would you please tell me what is OCI ?
Thank you,
McBV

Thanks 'osamba. I’ve thought OCI is something I’ve overlooked and have to deal with.
Good luck,
McBV

Congratulations areyosamba. We too have attended the oath at 10 AM and were done by 11 AM. Since we're travelling this week, we rushed to Passport office and got our US passports, by evening. However, we could not make it to SF indian consulate for Indian Visa, on same day. So we had to go the next day i.e [yesterday] to Indian consulate , to take indian visiting visa .. Looks like finally we made it.

Congratulations again, and it was certainly a fun, traveling / sharing events all along the route, in this common journey...

All the best to you & everyone for sharing experinces.

Regards.

-CZPHope.

areyosamba said:
Attended oath today at 10AM and we were out by 11AM. Registered to Vote. :)

Applied for passport with 10 day option at USPS on Meridian Ave.

One thing, I was amazed at their accuracy they arranged naturalization certificates in order to distribute one by one.

Now wait for the passport and then OCI......

CZHope, Congratulations to you too. Have a nice vacation.

Quick question, did you return your Indian Passport to Indian Consulate for cancellation? Do they even care?

New backlog in San Jose?

Is there a new backlog at San Jose center? Everyone that I know who had a fingerprint appointment in May 2006 have received their Interview letter for dates in August. However, everyone else, i.e., people who had their fingerprints taken June 1, 2006 onwards haven't got the Interview letters. Now we saw another poster who mailed their N400 application 20 days back - they haven't even got their PD, ND or FP letters.

:confused:

someone mentioned earlier

that interviews are scheduled in 3 month batches ?
is that true ?

I think anyone who did FP after 15th May didnt get interview call ?
true??

Last edited by a moderator:
My N-400 timeline @San Jose

Following is the timeline for me and my wife for the N400 app.

PD-04/04/2006 - Spouse - 04/04/2006
FP-05/10/2006 - Spouse - 05/10/2006
ID - Waiting - Spouse - 08/09/2006
ID-Interiview date

I would like to know what is currently going on San Jose. I and my wife applied together and my application is struck in Name check process. One of my friend's wife has applied one week prior to us and she is in same time line as my wife. I think INS is scrutinizing men's application more than women. Only god knows the answer. Interestingly my name is a generic first name and I dont know whether that has got to do with the delayed name check. My wife's name is a generic name and it is not as common name as mine. I think this may be the reason why my application is still held.
I contacted USCIS on the 1800....... number and same usual reply check the processing dates and if it is 30 days older than your case, we can work on your case and request for more check. When I called a different person spoke to me and she said it is pending on the name check. Anyways I hope INS does something about improving the overall name check process.

Updated timeline

Got our Interview Letters yesterday.

District Office - San Jose
Mailed application - 05/04/06
Priority Date - 05/09/06
FP Date - 06/13/06
Interview Notice Received 07/24/06
Interview Date 09/19/06

Yesterday I’ve passed successfully my interview. It went smooth and I was in and out for less then 20 minutes. The officer who interviewed me was very nice and obliging. I was asked to produce only my passport, green card and driver license. Then we went over the N-400, bunch of U.S. history questions and finally I was asked to write a very simple sentence. Before I left I was told to wait for oath letter.
My gratitude goes to all board posters for sharing their experiences, and making this journey easier to put up with.
Thanks and good luck.
McBV

Received Date - 03/14/06
Priority Date - 03/14/06
Notice Date - 03/28/06
Notice Received - 03/31/06
FP Notice Received- 04/17/06
FP Date - 04/29/06
Interview Notice Received 05/13/06
Interview Date 07/25/06

Interview letter still not received

HI

We are yet to receive Interview letter. Our FP was done on June 1st (and our PD date 28th). The online status shows same information (no change). Somehow, I am NOT able to reach to the operator an USCIS call center. What number and option one should choose. I just noticed on this forum people started receiviing Interview letter.

Hopefully, it is not stuck in name check or may be it is :-( .

Appreciate your help

Thanks

galaxy3 said:
We are yet to receive Interview letter. Our FP was done on June 1st (and our PD date 28th). The online status shows same information (no change). Somehow, I am NOT able to reach to the operator an USCIS call center. What number and option one should choose. I just noticed on this forum people started receiviing Interview letter.

You are overly worrying galaxy3. Delay in interview scheduling and pending name check are more or less independent. Getting an interview notice does by no means indicate that your name check has passed. As a matter of fact all the name check issue that I have come across were the cases where the applicant found it out only during their interview.

So, relax and you may be getting the interview letter any time now.

Last edited by a moderator:
login

Instead of checking status online, create an account online and add your case to that account, you can see "Last updated" activity.

galaxy3 said:
HI

Appreciate your help

Thanks

tracker database

Is there a tracker database where everyone can input their timeline rather in the mail thread. This is very hard to track for new comers and existing users.
Any comments are welcome.

Interview letter/ online account

Hi cp-gc,

I created account, added case and clicked (on receipt Number) to see the status. It shows me SAME page as I see online case status. The only thing that noted was the last update date is 05/07/06 in my account. Our PD was (4/28) and FP was done on 06/01. Cannot related with 05/07/06.
Anything I am missing ?

Thanks for the help.

galaxy3

Looks like your last update was in May, and this may be related to FP notice..

Just wait for a few days. I am sure you will get interview notice soon