San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Anybody got interview notice recently

Hi,

Its been about 5 weeks since we had our finger printing done. However, we are yet to get interview date notice. We had finger print done and result sent (by FBI) on June 1st. Our PD is 4/28. I am wondering whether anyone, who has similar case, recently received interview notice lately. Additionally, how do I find out whether case stuck due to dreaded "name check" . The online shows same status since last many weeks. Automated system also reads out same information. Is there any way to find out progress after FP.

Thanks

awaiting interview notice as well.

FBI cleard my prints on June 12, and I'm still awaiting interview notice as of today (July 7) . No changes on the online case status for me either. Please
keep me posted if you find out a way to check if case is in "name check"

Thanks

galaxy3 said:
Hi,

Its been about 5 weeks since we had our finger printing done. However, we are yet to get interview date notice. We had finger print done and result sent (by FBI) on June 1st. Our PD is 4/28. I am wondering whether anyone, who has similar case, recently received interview notice lately. Additionally, how do I find out whether case stuck due to dreaded "name check" . The online shows same status since last many weeks. Automated system also reads out same information. Is there any way to find out progress after FP.

Thanks

Thanks all. Also does anyone know how long oath cenmony takes. That is a Oath scheduled at 10AM, when will be end.? How long it takes.?
-thanks,
CZPHope.

areyosamba said:
CZPHope, if you show enough proof you can get same day passport in SF passport agency

"he San Francisco Passport Agency only serves customers who are traveling, or submitting their passports for foreign visas, within 14 days. To apply at the Agency, you must schedule an appointment by calling toll-free at 1-877-487-2778, 24 hours/day. If you are not traveling, or needing to submit your passport for foreign visas within 14 days, you must apply at a Passport Application Acceptance Facility."

you can find more details @ http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/agencies/agencies_900.html

hope this helps

Thanks AreyOSamba..
How did you find out the dates (and location if you know that) - just curious?
Thanks.

areyosamba said:
rsh431

Oath Date in
August - 08/23/2006
September - 09/20/2006

Hope you'll make it to Oath ceremony in Aug

There is no problem doing it earlier. I did it earlier. Make sure you
drop by in the afternoon.. around 2ish. They are crowded in the
morning and might send you back otherwise. Good luck.

usc_sigma said:
I gave my FP today and it went smooth. How do I go about finding FBI had cleared it?

My wife's finger printing is after 2 weeks and I spoke to the application center front office about taking it earlier than the scheduled date and they said it should be OK. Is there any issue in taking it earlier than scheduled? Please update.

---------
My timeline at San Jose:
Forms mailed: 6/5/2006
Forms received: 6/7/2006
Cheque cashed: 6/14/2006
Receipt received: 6/7/2006
Priority date: 6/7/2006
Fingerprinting date: 7/5/2006
Interview Date: ?????

Are there multiple oath dates every month?

Hi,

I saw a message from areyosamba that the oath date in august is 20th. My cousing went for her interview last week and has a oath date of aug 3rd in the campbell heritage center.

Are there multiple oath dates per month?

Waiting for interview date

Debo Shyam said:
FBI cleard my prints on June 12, and I'm still awaiting interview notice as of today (July 7) . No changes on the online case status for me either. Please
keep me posted if you find out a way to check if case is in "name check"

Thanks

I had gone for my FP on June 13, and still waiting for my interview notice (as of July 10). No changes on the online case status too. I have seen many members have done FP status check from FBI. Can someone please post the phone numbers?

FBI Phone Number for Finger Print Status Check

Phone Number: 304-625-2000

Choose the status check for INS option or operator.

Have your Alien number (on your green card) handy.

Thanks,

Spouce completed oath, I haven't received oath date yet

Me:
Forms Mailed: 02/13/2006
Receive Date: 02/16/2006
FP Date: 04/17/2006
Intv Date: 06/29/2006
Oath: I haven't got the letter yet.

Spouce:
Oath: 07/19/2006 (went for oath at 3pm on 7/19 and everything got done by 4pm.)
Applied for passport: 7/21 (Santa Clara PO) - expedited processing

I asked the CIS officials at the desk about my possible oath dates. They didn't have any system to check there. She said to enquire in Aug-1st week.
In fact my officer told me that I may get an oath date on 7/19

Anybody know about next date for oath?

Last edited by a moderator:
ztgen said:
Oath: 07/19/2006 (spouce), I haven't got the letter yet.

Do anybody know I can go with her for oath and request?

No, you cannot just walk in for the oath.

I ve done the interview today.
I passed the test however got stuck with the FBI name check as well. Officer told me it can take a while.
Lets update each other of the progress
ID:7/17/06

SanJoseCA said:
I had the interview today. The officer was very courteous, went over the application and confirmed some information on the application; handed me a page of 10 history/goverment quetions and asked me to read and answer them.

Everything went very well and I was expecting an approval. But unfortunately she looked up her paper and told me that FBI has not finished its work yet and told me it could be another 2 weeks. I got a N-652 which indicated "IP pending" which I do not know what it stands for.

She confirmed that the unfinished FBI work is name check and told me that I can request an infopass if not receiving the approval letter for a while. I read that recently there were a few posts about name check. Was any of these pending application approved within a few weeks? I am afraid that I might need to get information on how to schedule an infopass in a few weeks.

Interview

We had our interview today . pretty normal and took only 10 minutes. Was not asked for any documents. GC, Passport and Driving License were the only required items.

Was asked to look for an Oath Ceremony Invitation Letter.

PD: 03/08/06
FP: 04/19/06
ID: 07/17/06

Anyone sent in their N400 after 6/27 and got a reply

Hi,
I sent in my application N-400 end of june haven't seen any activity like check cashing etc. It has been close to 20 days. Anybody else who sent to california center and has heard.

Kids to oath

Me and my wife have oath scheduled at Campbel center today at 1pm.
We were wondering if we can take our 3.5year old son with us.
It is not required as he goes to daycare, but it will be fun if we can take him.

Hi useful...I think I've read that folks have brought their children to the oath ceremony...So, it should be alright.

Congrats!

Congratulation to all new citizens!
(Great deal of anticipation here – my interview is one week from today.)
McBV

Received Date - 03/14/06
Priority Date - 03/14/06
Notice Date - 03/28/06
Notice Received - 03/31/06
FP Notice Received- 04/17/06
FP Date - 04/29/06
Interview Notice Received 05/13/06
Interview Date 07/25/06

I'm a USC now! :)

Attended Oath Ceremony at 1pm at Campbell Heritage Theatre today. It was a pretty graceful ceremony; they completed the whole thing in about an hour or so.

Michael Chertoff was at the ceremony, and there were a number of TV reporters. Apparantly this will be in tonight's news on TV.

At the end of it, they gave out the naturalization certificates. They had also setup a desk to promptly address any corrections etc to the naturalization certificates.