San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Anyone getting letter for Oath

I did my Interview on 12/29/05. The officer told me that I would receive the Oath letter in 2 weeks. I haven't received anything yet.
Anyone has received a Oath letter for interview in late December 05?..

please post yor dates if received Oath letter?

DO - San Jose
Applied - 7/29/2005
Priority date - 8/4/2005
FP notice - 8/21/2005
FP done - 9/17/2005
Interview letter arrived - 10/26/2005
Interview- 12/29/2005

Thanks
-Jaggu

jramoshi said:
I did my Interview on 12/29/05. The officer told me that I would receive the Oath letter in 2 weeks. I haven't received anything yet.

DO - San Jose
Applied - 7/29/2005
Priority date - 8/4/2005
FP notice - 8/21/2005
FP done - 9/17/2005
Interview- 12/29/2005

Thanks
-Jaggu

I was interviewed on 1/5. No oath letter yet. Hopefully :) we'll be in Feb 22nd oath. So letter should come 3 weeks before on or around Feb 1st.

Why dont they just get rid of the whole charade and do the oath with the interview itself or at least give the oath letter at the time of interview. I've read in this forum that in some INS offices they have weekly oath ceremonies and you get the letter at the time of the interview.

jramoshi said:

DO - San Jose
Applied - 7/29/2005
Priority date - 8/4/2005
FP notice - 8/21/2005
FP done - 9/17/2005
Interview- 12/29/2005

Thanks
-Jaggu

I had interview on Dec 6. We are stuck with oath ceremony. I am still waiting for notice letter.

It is long time

sjhchoi said:
I had interview on Dec 6. We are stuck with oath ceremony. I am still waiting for notice letter.

Did anyone get oath letter who integot interviewed after you?

We are citizens now...

I completed our oath today at Cambell Heritage Center. The simple and elegant ceremony lasted for about 2 hours. The guest speaker was a good orator, who gave a quite inspiring speech. There were ~500 new citizens from 70 countries! Indians were one of the largest group.

On my way out, I took an appointment for tomrrow to submit the passport application (the post office is just around the corner).

Overall, it was a quite smooth process. Thank you all for helping with questions and sharing their experiences. Reading them educated us. Best luck for those who are in process to get their citizenship.

Applied: 6/28
Priority date: 7/1
Check cashed: 7/12
FP notice: 7/19
FP scheduled date: 8/9
FP actual date: 7/26
Online status disappeared: 9/23
Interview letter received: 9/24
Interview date: 11/28
Oath letter received: 12/24
Oath date: 1/18

Ditto for wife...

-Raju

FP - earlier than the scheduled date ?

Congratulations Raju...

I noticed that you had given FP earlier than your scheduled date. Can you do that in San Jose? I did that for my GC 5 years ago and not sure how it works now.

Thanks.

raju_lad said:
I completed our oath today at Cambell Heritage Center. The simple and elegant ceremony lasted for about 2 hours. The guest speaker was a good orator, who gave a quite inspiring speech. There were ~500 new citizens from 70 countries! Indians were one of the largest group.

On my way out, I took an appointment for tomrrow to submit the passport application (the post office is just around the corner).

Overall, it was a quite smooth process. Thank you all for helping with questions and sharing their experiences. Reading them educated us. Best luck for those who are in process to get their citizenship.

Applied: 6/28
Priority date: 7/1
Check cashed: 7/12
FP notice: 7/19
FP scheduled date: 8/9
FP actual date: 7/26
Online status disappeared: 9/23
Interview letter received: 9/24
Interview date: 11/28
Oath letter received: 12/24
Oath date: 1/18

Ditto for wife...

-Raju

Hi Zeeji,

When is your FP scheduled? My PD is Nov 25 and I have not received FP notice as yet. I am a bit concerned abt this, as I will be out of the country for abt 3 weeks in Feb.

Randyraj

randyraj said:
Hi Zeeji,

When is your FP scheduled? My PD is Nov 25 and I have not received FP notice as yet. I am a bit concerned abt this, as I will be out of the country for abt 3 weeks in Feb.

Randyraj

My FP is scheduled for 1/28. I have seen people with PD around Nov. 15th have gotten FP notices for Feb first week. You should be getting it soon.

Anyone with mid December 2005 PD waiting for FP? My details are below:

Applied: 12/8
Priority date: 12/12
Notice Date: 12/22
Waiting for FP Notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaaagh...still no FP....

PD of 11/18 and still no FP notice. When oh! when!

-chatrathi

Application Sent --> 11/14/2005
Application received --> 11/16/2005
Checks cashed --> 11/21/2005
Notice Received --> 11/30/2005
Receipt Date --> 11/18/2005
Able to check status on-line --> 11/29/2005

Interview

Had my interview today. Lasted about 15 minutes nothing special just quick history questions and wrote a simple sentence in english. Hope to get oath letter soon. Good luck to all

PD August 31, 2005
FP 10-13-2005

Priority Date: 8/31/2005
Notice Date: 9/9/2005
FP Date: 10/15/2005
Interview Date: 1/23/2006
The interview was simple, straightforward and polite. The officer reviewed my application, asked a few questions about the application (whether I have filed taxes, whether I was arrested/cited for non minor traffic offences). I was asked to write a sentence in English and then answer some questions from the 100 questions list. I had three speeding tickets over the past decade and I was not asked any questions about those.

Lost our GCs after the FP but did not have a problem in the interview which lasted less than 15 minutes for both me and my wife. We were asked to sign an affidavit stating that are GCs are lost which we are supposed to submit in liu of the GC during the oath.

Now waiting for the oath ceremony. I was told that the February oath ceremony is full so we will have to wait till the March 22 oath.

The only problem is that we were planning internatinal travel from March 17th onwards.

Can we delay taking the oath? What is the process for that? Or should we wait till the oath is done and then travel on US passports?

Last edited by a moderator:
ExEB

We have same dates so please keep me posted when you receive your oath letter. Don't travel unless it is an emergency that would be my recommendation you waited so long just wait few more weeks and travel as a US citizen.

ExEB1Waiter said:
Priority Date: 8/31/2005
Notice Date: 9/9/2005
FP Date: 10/15/2005
Interview Date: 1/23/2006
The interview was simple, straightforward and polite. The officer reviewed my application, asked a few questions about the application (whether I have filed taxes, whether I was arrested/cited for non minor traffic offences). I was asked to write a sentence in English and then answer some questions from the 100 questions list. I had three speeding tickets over the past decade and I was not asked any questions about those.

Lost our GCs after the FP but did not have a problem in the interview which lasted less than 15 minutes for both me and my wife. We were asked to sign an affidavit stating that are GCs are lost which we are supposed to submit in liu of the GC during the oath.

Now waiting for the oath ceremony. I was told that the February oath ceremony is full so we will have to wait till the March 22 oath.

The only problem is that we were planning internatinal travel from March 17th onwards.

Can we delay taking the oath? What is the process for that? Or should we wait till the oath is done and then travel on US passports?

By any chance did they tell you what was the cutoff for the Feb Oath ?

I was interviewed on Jan 5th and I too have to travel in march. I planned it based on earlier interview to oath pattern which was next calendar month but then they went ahead with no oath ceremony in december and derailed my plan. March oath is on 22nd which may be too late for your plans.

I would advise against postponing oath becuase once you fall into INS rescheduling hole, who knows when your number will come up again ...

Notice letter

dad22 said:
Has anyone with Dec or Jan Interview gotten the oath letter yet ?
I had interview on Dec 6. I have not received a notice letter yet. I am now in Japan and worried about missing oath ceremony. Does anyone receive it?

sjhchoi said:
I had interview on Dec 6. I have not received a notice letter yet. I am now in Japan and worried about missing oath ceremony. Does anyone receive it?

You will be in Feb 22nd Ceremony ( because everyone I know with Nov interview date, went for oath on Jan 18th) . Oath letter should be coming in any day now (based on the past history of 3-4 weeks before oath date)

Do we need to wait for Oath to apply for passport

Hi !

Do we have to wait till after the oath to apply for the american passport or can we apply it right after the interview. Do they give some kind of docment to say that you have passed the interview (or is all that done after the oath)

Thanks

sarpotd said:
Hi !

Do we have to wait till after the oath to apply for the american passport or can we apply it right after the interview. Do they give some kind of docment to say that you have passed the interview (or is all that done after the oath)

Thanks
I wish that was possible .... . Unfortunately you have to wait until after oath