San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Any questions

expectgreat said:
My wife and I will go to oath ceremony in Campbell on 18th. We are wondering can we bring our child with us? She is US citizen by birth, we just don't have someone to babysit her? Please advice. Thanks!

Were you asked to answer any questions in the oath letter and bring it to the ceremony.

Interviewed today

Uneventful interview. Passed and was told to expect the oath letter in a month or so.

It might be useful to carry couple of extra photos to interview because for many applicants in the waiting room, INS had misplaced their photos and they were being asked to go get photos and come back. and the INS officer was saying that it happens so often that many shops around INS have photo facilities.

Check out epassportphotos.com on how to make your own cheap ($.10 for 6 photos) passport photos.

People who were interviewed in Dec/Jan, please post as soon as you get oath letters

PD: 8/8/05, FP: 9/21/05, Interview 01/05/06

Last edited by a moderator:
Which ceremony can we expect?

We were interviewed on Jan 3. Based on that which ceremony can we expect our oath to be the Feb 22 or later than that.

Anyone in dec jan interview, please post the oath letter dates as they arrive.

expectgreat said:
My wife and I will go to oath ceremony in Campbell on 18th. We are wondering can we bring our child with us? She is US citizen by birth, we just don't have someone to babysit her? Please advice. Thanks!

You can bring your family, friends and who ever you want, atleast that's what happened at my interview at the San Jose USCIS office. They do have to sit on the side. Some folks were even taking pictures.

notice letter

Anyone got a notice letter for oath ceremony?

PD: 7/11
FD:8/17
ID:12/6

I knew that this month oath ceremony would be held on Jan 18. most likely no chance to get the citizenship this month. Hopefully next month.

Interviewed today

Hi,

We had our interview today (1/10).

The officer was very nice and curtious. He took us little late but all our family members were interviewed by the same officer. he took about 15mnts for each person and went through the n-400 application line by line followed by quiz of 10 questions.

He told us to expect the oth letter some time next month but before end of April. Regarding travel (out of US) before oath, he said travel as before with greencard.

Thanks for every one posting their experiences here. They are very helpful.

Please post when you receive a oath.

Interview Date: 1/10

interview

I had my interview yesterday.
Officer went through my application then asked me to write "I want to be an American citizen".
He asked me 10 civic and history questions (from 96 questions posted on CIS web site).
He did not need any addtional papers (tax transcripts, dmv records and etc.) eventhough I did bring it with me.
Then I was asked to sign my photos and he handed out the congratulation
form where it says that I have passed the civic/history test and congratulation....

I've asked the officer if anything pending in my case and I was told No and I should get the oath letter within two months.

Interviewed Today

The interveiw today (1/11) was straight forward. I asked him about the oath and he said I can expect it in February (possibly). Location will be Campbell.

Thanks everyone.

Any one got FP notice recently?

Did any one receive FP notice from CSC/San Jose DO recently for November PD? I have not seen any posts for FP NOA at all since the holidays !!!

Some FP notices trickling in

A friend who applied a week earlier than we did just got their FP notices at San Jose. So it appears that there is some movement :rolleyes:

Here are my dates:
Application Sent --> 11/14/2005
Application received --> 11/16/2005
Checks cashed --> 11/21/2005
Notice Received --> 11/30/2005
Receipt Date --> 11/18/2005
Able to check status on-line --> 11/29/2005

-chatrathi

chatrathi said:
A friend who applied a week earlier than we did just got their FP notices at San Jose. So it appears that there is some movement :rolleyes:

Here are my dates:

-chatrathi

Thanks Chatrathi. That keeps hope alive...

My timelines...

I've been tacitly following this thread for the past few months. I appreciate everyone's time & effort in keeping others informed. Here is my progress so far.

Priority Date: 24-Oct-2005
FP notice received: 24-Nov-2005
FP date: 29-Dec-2005

Looks like its going to be a while before I get the interview notice.

Ciao!

Received the Finger Print Notice

chatrathi said:

Here are my dates:

-chatrathi

Hi Chatrathi,
Exact same dates as you, received the finger print today (1/13/2006) in mail, finger print date is Feb 1, 2006.
With Best Regards,
Jahangiri

Awesome!

Jahangiri:
That's great news. Hopefully we will get ours today or tomorrow.

BTW, did your online status change after you got your fingerprint notice in the mail?

chatrathi

chatrathi said:
Jahangiri:
That's great news. Hopefully we will get ours today or tomorrow.

BTW, did your online status change after you got your fingerprint notice in the mail?

chatrathi
I dont think online status ever changes . it just disappears after Interview Letter is received .

Hi ,

PD 11/25
ND 12/06

Not received FP notice till date. Has anyone who sent N400 in the same timeframe received their FP notice?

Randyraj

Received FP Notice today

GeeC said:
Did any one receive FP notice from CSC/San Jose DO recently for November PD? I have not seen any posts for FP NOA at all since the holidays !!!

I got the FP NOA today for 1/28.