San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

csc092000 said:
Hi,
I had my interview today (PD July 1st 2005) and it was fairly straight forward. Officer mentioned that Oath will be either in January or February.

Please post when you get the oath letter. My interview is on Jan 5th and am planning to travel in march. I need a good estimate of how long it is taking for oath after the interview.

Done with the interview

Much like csc092000... I think it was you "csc092000" who completed just before mine! Congratulations and see you at the oath ceremony. Here are details:

- I and my wife were interviewed by separate officers.
- Both officers were professional and courteous.
- We were called just a little after our appointment time.
- It took about 15 minutes each for the whole interview.
- All we needed was
- Passports
- GC
- Driver's license
- Appointment letter
- Civic test: I was given a printed paper and was asked to read the question and answer it. For wife question were asked verbally. All questions for the standard 100.
- English test was writing a simple sentence.
- For me, the officer went over the passports in detail (Note: Carry all your passports. I carried the one that had expired. He needed that one too.) and verified the travel dates. For wife, no passport was checked.
- We were asked if we owe any taxes. The answer was no. We had taken tax document (a mix of transcripts and copies of 1040s). However, we were not asked to show anything.
- For traffic-related question, we both were explicitly asked if there was any DUI related incident. The answers were no. The officer noted that down on the form. We have no traffic tickets and therefore had nothing to disclose.
- Asked some yes/no questions from N-400 (arrested? deported? ...)
- We had signed in all caps on N-400. He asked me to sign as usual ("the way you sign check") near it.
- Then asked to sign in cursive the full name (First Middle Last) on two places on N-400. I showed how I intend to sign on a scratch paper. He was fine with the way I signed.
- The gave a printed sheet with boxes "passed English and U.S. history" and "Congratulation! Your application has been recommended for approval..."
- Then mentioned that I can expect to be called for oath in January and call back if I don't hear until March.

That's it.

Applied: 6/28
Priority date: 7/1
Check cashed: 7/12
FP notice: 7/19
FP scheduled date: 8/9
FP actual date: 7/26
Online status disappeared: 9/23
Interview letter received: 9/24
Interview date: 11/28
Oath letter received: ...
Oath date: ...

(Ditto for wife)

-Raju

Looking for December/January Oath schedule in San Jose

DO: San Jose
PD: 06/23/05
FP Notice Date: 07/05/05
FP Scheduled Date: 07/28/05
FP Rescheduled Date:09/17/05 (At our request for reschedule)
Interview: 11/18/05
waiting for the oath -

Is anyone scheduled for Oath in December in San Jose?

The whole process for us was very smooth and I find the USCIS department to be very courteous. :)

From what I have heard, the regular oath ceremonies are held at heritage Theater in campbell. But USCIS also does oath thing at their office in San Jose. Mine was done at the San Jose USCIS office where you go for the interview. Good luck.

Hi raju_lad,

As you mentioned questions were nearly from 96 questions for both me and my wife. The only difference was I was asked about the Mayor of San Jose.

I had mentioned trafic ticket but was not asked about giving details for it.

Admire U very much but my name

Congratulate all on getting the approval of N-400. It seems that I am only one in San Jose to get into the name-check cycle.
Just done with my interview 1 hour ago (Nov. 29)

Everything is perfect!

I prepare: 1. all Traffic ticket fine payment evidence
2. AR-11 (certifcate mail evidence)
3. 5 years w2
4. 5 years IRS transcript
5. all related memership evdience (HOA, Costco, YMCA, pofesional society, etc)
6. three H-1 approval notices (before my green card)
7. My publications
8. PG&E bill
9. DMV record

I am sure that I spent a lot time to get these related evidence.

But the officer did not ask these at all.

He just go through N-400 and give one-page civil tests as others have mentioned.

He told me that I have passed the English/Civils test and
Then said: "However"

I suddenly lost my mind when I hear "However" and do not remember anything that he said except
1. "FBI Name check pending"
2. "every body needs this bacground check
3. "It will take a few mouths more"
4. " do you have any question?"

I was so surprised that I did not ask him any question (again, I lost mind at that time)

I know that the future is endless waiting. Any advice is highly appreciated.

By the way, one chinese fellow (before my interview) just brought a small envelope with the interview notice, his greed card and passport. He did not anything about the materails that I mentioned before. His interview is less than 10 mintues and he came out with smile.

Thank you for your time.

Aimei

Interview Letter Rcvd.

Hi there...

Got the interview letter for San Jose DO.

District Office - San Jose
Mailed application - 8/29/2005
Received app -9/12/2005
Check cleared - 9/14/2005
Priority date - 9/12/2005
Finger Printing Notice - 9/29/2005
Finger Printing - 10/27/2005
Interview Letter Notice - 11/14/2005
Interview - 01/26/2006

Updated timeline - II

Here is my timeline (so far):

Application Sent --> 11/14/2005
Application received --> 11/16/2005
Checks cashed --> 11/21/2005
Notice Received --> 11/30/2005
Receipt Date --> 11/18/2005
Able to check status on-line --> 11/29/2005

Is the receipt date the same as Priority date for N400s?

Thanks,
-chatrathi
p.s.: The above dates are also true for my spouse's application which was sent in the same envelope.

chatrathi said:
Here is my timeline (so far):

Application Sent --> 11/14/2005
Application received --> 11/16/2005
Checks cashed --> 11/21/2005
Notice Received --> 11/30/2005
Receipt Date --> 11/18/2005
Able to check status on-line --> 11/29/2005

Is the receipt date the same as Priority date for N400s?

Thanks,
-chatrathi
p.s.: The above dates are also true for my spouse's application which was sent in the same envelope.

I am answering my own question :). The Notice clearly state that the PD is 11/16. I just didn't see it clearly enough.

_chatrathi

Interview done, waiting for Oath - anyone know December oath schedule?

My DO is San Jose, of course!

My interview was on 11/17. It was an amazingly pleasant experience!

For those who interviewed in the same time frame as me - aimei_mei, hsshah,
raju_lad, csc092000 and citsjc (based on their postings) and others - anyone got letter for oath? The Campbell heritage theater is not hosting the December ceremony
(http://www.ci.campbell.ca.us/communityandarts/site/events.htm).

When anyone above gets their oath letter, please post! Many people are eagerly waiting for this info!!

Details of my interview, for those who are waiting for theirs:

I went there 15 minutes ahead of my appointment time. At the appt. time, an officer came out to the waiting area and called for my name. I was taken to his office and was asked to take the oath to 'tell the truth' and offered a seat. The interview was for about 30 minutes and the conversation was very pleasant. The officer was very respectful and courteous. (ymmv, of course, depending on who interviews you).

The officer went through each and every item from my application, including my name, address, etc. I had gone out of the country after applying N-400, so I just told the officer about my business trip. I had made correction to that page and printed it out for him. He just took that and replaced the original page and thanked me for doing that.

He asked me 10 questions - name of governer of California, what is the constitution, etc. The last question was to name the 13 original states (yes they do ask this question!). The officer said I have to remember just 4-5, but of course, I rattled out all 13.

At the end, he told me that I will get the oath letter in 2 weeks, and that it might likely be in December, or if that is full, in January (pretty non-committal as you can see). It has been over 2 weeks and I am still waiting for the letter.

In summary, for those preparing for interview - take all the documents you feel will make you comfortable (I didn't take anything other than required) but the key is to:
o Go through each and every line of your application and think of questions they might ask,
o Prepare the 96 interview questions,
o on interview day, be relaxed and comfortable, and look and act professional!

Request for an oath month or changing oath date

Hi,

I might be travelling out of the country after my interview. Anyone knows if it's easy to request the officer for a particular month for the oath? Or if that's not possible, is it easy to change the date once it's been scheduled for a particular day?

I have to go so there no question about waiting for the oath. Please provide your feedback/experiences. It would be of great help.

Thank you

how to prepare for the interview

ZYGYX

thank you for sharing your interview experience. How did you prepare for the interview questions I mean is there a book I can buy to study for the interview or materials can be found on the internet?

thanks in advance for your help

zygyx said:
My DO is San Jose, of course!

My interview was on 11/17. It was an amazingly pleasant experience!

For those who interviewed in the same time frame as me - aimei_mei, hsshah,
raju_lad, csc092000 and citsjc (based on their postings) and others - anyone got letter for oath? The Campbell heritage theater is not hosting the December ceremony
(http://www.ci.campbell.ca.us/communityandarts/site/events.htm).

When anyone above gets their oath letter, please post! Many people are eagerly waiting for this info!!

Details of my interview, for those who are waiting for theirs:

I went there 15 minutes ahead of my appointment time. At the appt. time, an officer came out to the waiting area and called for my name. I was taken to his office and was asked to take the oath to 'tell the truth' and offered a seat. The interview was for about 30 minutes and the conversation was very pleasant. The officer was very respectful and courteous. (ymmv, of course, depending on who interviews you).

The officer went through each and every item from my application, including my name, address, etc. I had gone out of the country after applying N-400, so I just told the officer about my business trip. I had made correction to that page and printed it out for him. He just took that and replaced the original page and thanked me for doing that.

He asked me 10 questions - name of governer of California, what is the constitution, etc. The last question was to name the 13 original states (yes they do ask this question!). The officer said I have to remember just 4-5, but of course, I rattled out all 13.

At the end, he told me that I will get the oath letter in 2 weeks, and that it might likely be in December, or if that is full, in January (pretty non-committal as you can see). It has been over 2 weeks and I am still waiting for the letter.

In summary, for those preparing for interview - take all the documents you feel will make you comfortable (I didn't take anything other than required) but the key is to:
o Go through each and every line of your application and think of questions they might ask,
o Prepare the 96 interview questions,
o on interview day, be relaxed and comfortable, and look and act professional!

Definitely second everything zygyx said. The whole experience was very pleasant and quick. I arrived an hour earlier than the appoinment time and was called half hour early. It only took less than ten minutes and I got the approval notice. At the end, the officer only mentioned that I should receive oath letter within one to two monthes.

Good luck to all.

D.

Did anyone from Sep get their appointment letter ?

Did anyone from Sep get their appointment letter ? I am waiting ...

My details --

DO : San Jose
Application sent on : 9/24
Application received on : 9/27
Priority Date : 9/27
Check cashed on : 10/4
Official Receipt Received on : 10/14
Online application status : Able to check the status
FP Notice received on : 10/24 ( Online status did not get updated )
FP Done : 11/05

Interview Letter

hi_gen123 said:
Did anyone from Sep get their appointment letter ? I am waiting ...

My details --

DO : San Jose
Application sent on : 9/24
Application received on : 9/27
Priority Date : 9/27
Check cashed on : 10/4
Official Receipt Received on : 10/14
Online application status : Able to check the status
FP Notice received on : 10/24 ( Online status did not get updated )
FP Done : 11/05

Yes,
I got my interview appt. letter almost a month ago, on Nov. 18. My details are like this:

District Office - San Jose
Mailed application - 8/29/2005
Received app -9/12/2005
Check cleared - 9/14/2005
Priority date - 9/12/2005
Finger Printing Notice - 9/29/2005
Finger Printing - 10/27/2005
Interview Letter Notice - 11/14/2005
Interview - 01/26/2006

Online status dissapeared after I got the letter.

USCIS update

USCIS website posted processing dates for San Jose on Dec 8, 2005
Thy are right now processing application from May 01, 2005.

Does anybody know waht this date means :confused:. I thought we got some people with later dates who passed the interview. Some of them got through oath ceremony as well.

Anyhow, on the prior post from USCIS for San Jose, CA dated Oct 19, 2005 they said they were processing application from Apr 15, 2005. Looks like they start falling behind a bit. :(

Anyone got oath letters recently ( people who interviewed in late november or early december ) ?

razvic said:
USCIS website posted processing dates for San Jose on Dec 8, 2005
Thy are right now processing application from May 01, 2005.

Does anybody know waht this date means :confused:. I thought we got some people with later dates who passed the interview. Some of them got through oath ceremony as well.

Anyhow, on the prior post from USCIS for San Jose, CA dated Oct 19, 2005 they said they were processing application from Apr 15, 2005. Looks like they start falling behind a bit. :(

Hi Razvic,
My interpretation from having tracked this in the past few months is that as of today most everybody that filed with PD of May 01, 2005 should have completed the oath. There may be a few of the people with PD after May 01, 2005 that also may have completed the oath, but if you are May 01 or before then most likely you are done with Certificate of Naturalization.

You are right that the PD moved only 15 days over a 30 day period this time.

Hope that helps.
Kane

Interview questions.

Hello,
I am scheduled for an interview next week. Can someone that has completed the interview please shed some light on:
1) Who signs the N-652 form that USCIS gives you if you successfully pass the interview. Is it the interviewing officer?
2) When you get the Oath letter, what are the questions on the back of the oath letter? From this forum it looks like they are Yes or No questions, but it would be helpful if someone can please share what questions are asked and have to be prepared on the back of the oath letter.
3) When you go for oath ceremony, can you apply for a passport at the oath ceremony itself? Or do you have to go to the post office and apply later?
Thanks,
Kane