San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

is this normal? - when is check cahsed?

My application was sent early Jan (3rd) 2007 and so far the checks have not been chased nor have I received any intimation. When I call the USCIS 800 number they can't find my application on their computer.

Do you know when the application is entered into the system? on PD or at the check cash time?
Any one who applied prior to the last 2 weeks and in the same situation like me?

Reason I am paranoid is because this is round 2 for me as some unexpected mishap happened when I sent in my application last year and never delivered to uscis.

Last edited by a moderator:
uspass said:
My application was sent early Jan (3rd) 2007 and so far the checks have not been chased nor have I received any intimation. When I call the USCIS 800 number they can't find my application on their computer.

Do you know when the application is entered into the system? on PD or at the check cash time?
Any one who applied prior to the last 2 weeks and in the same situation like me?

Reason I am paranoid is because this is round 2 for me as some unexpected mishap happened when I sent in my application last year and never delivered to uscis.
I mailed in the sametime as you, my check was cashed on the 4th, but I have not received the receipt notice. Did you track your mail? Are you sure they received your mail or was it lost?

I am in the same boat as you.

App Malied: Jan 03, 2007 (certified mail to Laguna Niguel, CA)
App Received: Jan 06, 2007
Cheque not cashed yet .....
PD : .......

No Interview Letter as yet!

samsung_adams said:
Fingerprinting in September 2006.

I have to go back to India for my sister's wedding in March. My interview is Feb 14th. Can i get an US passport and Indian visa in a week or is it wishful thinking?
:-(

Thanks
g

Hi Sam Adams

I had my :mad: FP done in September as well but did not receive any interview letter as yet. I assume these letters are sent via regular mail and have the Dept of Homeland Security label on them? (just like the ones I got for NOA and FP). Can you please confirm? The online case status still shows my case pending with the CSC, not sure if I need to schedule an Infopass to find out why the delay?..As others have mentioned the San Jose office is the worst in the country...Just want to make sure my IL is not lost in the mail..Appreciate any help/advice

Compiling FP and ID dates in SJ

Hello,

Given the uncertainity of interview dates in San Jose, I compiled the following list by going through the recent posts. This should give, all the people who have done their FP and waiting for IL, an idea of how things are going in SJ and when to expect IL :) .

If others can add to this list, we can get a quick idea how things are going in SJ. Also if Samsung-Adams and Sanjosen400u can post the exact dates, it may help others.

If this post offends anyone (as I extracted the info from their posts), please let me know and I will remove this post immediately.

Takadigi: FP: Jun 22 ID: Not yet
RamRama: FP: Aug 15 ID: Mar 14
Huracan: FP: Sep 07 ID: Feb 07
SamSung-Adams: FP: Sep ?? ID: Feb 14
SanJosen400u: FP: Sep ?? ID: Mar ??
kbalabha65: FP: Sep 27 ID Not yet
Premo: FP: Nov 08 ID: Feb 25 (Interview in Sacramento)

Thank you

userofimmi said:
Hello,

Given the uncertainity of interview dates in San Jose, I compiled the following list by going through the recent posts. This should give, all the people who have done their FP and waiting for IL, an idea of how things are going in SJ and when to expect IL :) .

If others can add to this list, we can get a quick idea how things are going in SJ. Also if Samsung-Adams and Sanjosen400u can post the exact dates, it may help others.

If this post offends anyone (as I extracted the info from their posts), please let me know and I will remove this post immediately.

Thank you

My FP date was 7/20/06 and ID is 1/23/07. You can add me to the list. It's not a problem. :)

CSC delay?

Same here,
I mailed on Jan 10, USPS does not show any update for the certified mail sent.
No other updates from CSC.

I did not mail the application with return-receipt request, would that cause a problem?

--
LN

uspass said:

I just did priority with delivery confirmation. It reached in 2 days, I got it back in 3 days since the check amount was wrong, sent it again with corrected check amount and it reached in 2 days.

Id

userofimmi, 09/20/06: Oath taken at Campbell, what are you still doing in this forum? :)
My ID is 02/05. Hoping to hear from someone else getting scheduled at Sacramento.

userofimmi said:
Hello,

Thank you

status update

myself
------
n400 reciept: 8/23/06
FP: 9/21/06
IL recieved: ???
Interview: ???
Oath: ???

spouse
------
n400 reciept: 8/23/06
FP: 9/21/06
IL recieved: 1/16/07
Interview: 3/15/07
Oath: ???

seems like our case files got separated during the process. hoping to get my IL soon.

FP-IL Voting

userofimmi, may be this can be setup like a voting.

Interview letters received after 2007 can participate for all the below
(for more recent otherwise we can go with 2006 too). For each year this can be tracked to know the then trends.

Note: the interval can be changed but thought these are best for the current trends.

1) FP done after mailing to csc in San Jose
1-30
31-60
61 and above

2) Interview Date after FP San Jose:
1-60 (Probably 0)
60-120
121-150
151-180
181-210
211-240
241-270
271-300
301-330
331-360
361 and above
3) Oath after Interview for San Jose
1-30
31-60
61 and above

Completed Oath today

Finally completed last step in US Citizenship process.

Had a oath ceremony for San Jose at Campbell Historic center.

It was a pretty smooth and quick process. At the door to the center they
asked for the invite letter. The questions on the invite had to be answered
and signed before coming to the center.

They also took the green card at the door.

Then were given some paper work. One was voter registration. The other
had the oath and flag path that would be asked to be read out laud later.

After listening to a short introduction speech they asked that the voter
register form be completed. This is given back to them when I left.

Then another speech about being a US citizen. Now everyone stood up and
sang "Star Spangled banner"

Now a person talked about the oath. And then everyone stood up and repeated oath.

After that a US. Pledge of Allegiance where everyone repeated the words
for this.

Now the CIS person congratulated everyone and said you are now a "US citizenship".

After a final video the US citizenship where handed out and we could leave.

Total time for ceremony was about 1 hour.

Congratulations us-guy! Could you please post a timeline of when you sent your application and did your fingerprint?

Thanks.

userofimmi said:
Hello,

Thank you

Dear Premo, thanks for organizing this, and my data follows:
Henrysh: FP: Nov 25 ID: Not yet

Huracan said:
Congratulations us-guy! Could you please post a timeline of when you sent your application and did your fingerprint?

Thanks.

Timeline

07/03/2006 : Sent in N-400
07/18/2006 : Received Payment and Naturalization notice
Priority Date July 07,2006
08/08/2006 FP
11/10/2006 : Interview letter
12/19/2006 : Interview
01/17/2007 : Oath

Question about Interview Date

Folks:

From some document from USCIS (I don't remember the exact location of that) I've learnt that "Interview notification will be sent AT LEAST 45 days before the scheduled Interview Date". But from "us-guy"'s case, obviously the interval was shorter than that. Anyone can shed some lights?
Thanks!

Hello,

Updated list for tracking ID dates with FP dates.

Given the uncertainity of interview dates in San Jose, I compiled the following list by going through the recent posts. This should give, all the people who have done their FP and waiting for IL, an idea of how things are going in SJ and when to expect IL .

happigal: FP Jul 20 ID: Jan 23
usguy: FP Aug 08 ID: Dec 19
SamSung-Adams: FP: Sep 15 ID: Feb 14
n400aug06: FP: Sep 21 ID: Mar 15
kbalabha65: FP: Sep 27 ID: Not yet
CMD: FP: Oct 12: IDL Not yet
henrysh: FP: Nov 25 ID: Not yet
Huracan: FP: Dec 29 ID: Not yet

Thank you