San Jose, CA - N-400 Timeline

Got the oath ceremony letter

For next week.

Here is my timeline:

PD: May 11, 05
FP: July 14, 05
Interview: Oct 12th, 05
Oath: Oct 27, 05

The letter says bring re-entry permit along with my green card and any other immigration papers that I might have. I don't have any re-entry permit, don't even know what it is.

bobby350z said:
For next week.

Here is my timeline:

The letter says bring re-entry permit along with my green card and any other immigration papers that I might have. I don't have any re-entry permit, don't even know what it is.

Congratulations !!! You need to apply for Re-entry permit in case you are going out of US for longer period and want to come back (Say you are going for more than a year or so.) This may be a standard letter they are sending to everyone (just like interview letter for everone says that bring evidence of selective services for female applicant as well) Since you do not know what is Re-entry permit and you dont have any, you do not need to bother about the same.

My interview is tomorrow and will update about the same.

BTW where is your oath ceremony? As per following link no oath in scheduled for Oct 27 2005.

http://www.ci.campbell.ca.us/communityandarts/site/events.htm

My Timeline so far..

Application Sent --> 05/18/2005
Application Received --> 05/23/2005
Check Cashed --> 06/02/2005
Received Official Receipt --> 06/08/2005
Received Date on Receipt --> 05/23/2005
Priority Date on Receipt --> 05/23/2005
Notice Date on Receipt --> 06/03/2005
Online Status Appeared --> 06/15/2005
FP Notice Date --> 06/22/2005
FP Notice Date Sent on --> 06/23/2005
FP Notice Recieved on --> 06/25/2005
FP taken on --> 07/16/2005
Interview Notice Date --> 08/23/2005
Interview Notice Sent on --> 08/24/2005
Interview Notice Received on --> 08/26/2005
Interview Date --> 10/21/2005

bobby350z said:
For next week.

Here is my timeline:

Congratulations bobby350z!
Unfortunately I have no idea what this "re-entry permit" and "other immigration papers" means. My guess is that it's standard wording. All I have is my green card. Hope someone else who already got such letter and went to oath ceremony can give us some insight.
Can you share where your oath ceremony is scheduled? Your interview was in San Jose correct?
I had an interview on October 6th in San Jose, but so far I have not received oath letter (or any other type). After the interview I got the standard "you are recommended for approval" letter and was told that will receive oath letter in couple of weeks.

emlsc said:
Can you share where your oath ceremony is scheduled? Your interview was in San Jose correct?
I had an interview on October 6th in San Jose, but so far I have not received oath letter (or any other type). After the interview I got the standard "you are recommended for approval" letter and was told that will receive oath letter in couple of weeks.

My interview was at SJ on Oct12th. the USCIS officer was real nice. He told me he will try to get me into Oct 19th ceremony if possible otherwise it would be in mid Nov. I was surprised when I got the letter yesterday to appear at the USCIS center at SJ for oath.

bobby350z said:
My interview was at SJ on Oct12th. the USCIS officer was real nice. He told me he will try to get me into Oct 19th ceremony if possible otherwise it would be in mid Nov. I was surprised when I got the letter yesterday to appear at the USCIS center at SJ for oath.

Thanks for the prompt reply bobby350z!
I guess the USCIS officer kept his word to got you in for an interview as early as possible. Now we know that USCIS oath ceremonies are performed also at the USCIS center.

immg said:
just got my appt for interview

Sf/Oakland

Timeline

Appln Sent - july 29
PD - Aug 4
Fingerprinting - Sep 7
Interview Letter - Oct 13
Interview Date - Dec 7

Did your status online disappear when you got the interview letter ?

received oath ceremony letter

Today I received my oath ceremony letter.
The letter content is same as bobby350z described: we have to bring green card, re-entry permit (if such used), other immigration papers (in case such necessary) and documents that might have something to do with your status. There few question on the back of the letter you have to answer with 'yes' or 'no': if in the time between the interview and the oath you have committed a crime, joined the communist party, being arrested, got cited (including traffic tickets!), gambled illegally, participated in polygamy, etc.
One more step! :)

Priority date: 5/03/05
Fingerprint date: 7/12/05
Interview Notice date: 8/26/2005
Interview date: 10/06/2005 @ San Jose

Oath ceremony: scheduled for 11/16/2005 @ Campbell Heritage Theatre

Status of people waiting for Interview

MrLA, anjalimf, Raju_lad, dilipjaju, sfbayguy, and others applying to SJ...

What is your latest status since being fingerprinted?
I am still waiting for the interview schedule.

Here are my dates:
Mailed July 18, 2005
Recd. July 20
Priority Date: July 20
Check Cashed: July 25
Notice Date: July 27
Notice Received: July 30
Finger Printing Notice Recd: Aug 7
Finger printing appt: Aug 25
Interview... waiting

Thanks,
kane

status dissappeared

dad22 said:
Did your status online disappear when you got the interview letter ?

Yup - after I got the letter I checked the online status - the portfolio shows the case number, but if I click on it, it does not have a record. The wierd thing is that you can setup the "Send Email if status changes" there, but I got no email!!

emlsc said:
Today I received my oath ceremony letter.
The letter content is same as bobby350z described: we have to bring green card, re-entry permit (if such used), other immigration papers (in case such necessary) and documents that might have something to do with your status. There few question on the back of the letter you have to answer with 'yes' or 'no': if in the time between the interview and the oath you have committed a crime, joined the communist party, being arrested, got cited (including traffic tickets!), gambled illegally, participated in polygamy, etc.
One more step! :)

Priority date: 5/03/05
Fingerprint date: 7/12/05
Interview Notice date: 8/26/2005
Interview date: 10/06/2005 @ San Jose

Oath ceremony: scheduled for 11/16/2005 @ Campbell Heritage Theatre

Congrats!!!

Free iPod Nano

If you guys have some free time, try this. First I thought it is a scam but it is real.

The catch here is you have to sign up for an offer to get this. You can sign up for eFax and once you get the credit for signing up eFax offer, you can cancel the account (in about 2 days).

Click on the following link for the offer http://ipodnanos.freepay.com/?r=24123685

CitizenKane said:

Here are my dates:
Mailed July 18, 2005
Recd. July 20
Interview... waiting

Thanks,
kane

Kane and others,

As posted yesterday, we (myself and my wife) had our interview today. It was essentially the same posted by many members here.

Officer asked me take oath by raising right hand about telling truth. She then asked for Green Card, Passport, and Driver's Licence. Then She went over my application (name, address, date of birth, date when became permanent resident, country of birth, Marital status, employment history, no of children, trips outside US, and most of the "yes/no" answer questions.

I got one traffic ticket for speeding after I applied. Since I have shown my earlier traffic tickets as an attachment, I edited the same and took updated copy with me which I gave it to her. She replaced the old one with new. I told her that I paid fine for each traffic ticket and attented traffic school wherever possible. (She did not ask for actual tickets and proof of payment.)

She then asked me to sign application at 2 places and to write my full name of both photos I submitted with my application. After that she asked me write "I have paid fines for all the traffic tickets." on bottom of application form.

After that she printed 10 questions (all from standard 100 questions list) and asked me to read and answer each question orally. One of them was about the first 13 states. She was impressed when I got all 13 states right. :)

After that she handed over N-652 (Naturalization Interview Results) form and checked following 2 boxes.

1) You have passed the tests of English and U.S.history and government.
2) Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time, it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath ceremony.

She told me that I will receive oath letter in about 3 weeks for the oath in Mid November.

My Timeline so far..

Application Sent --> 05/18/2005
Application Received --> 05/23/2005
Check Cashed --> 06/02/2005
Received Official Receipt --> 06/08/2005
Received Date on Receipt --> 05/23/2005
Priority Date on Receipt --> 05/23/2005
Notice Date on Receipt --> 06/03/2005
Online Status Appeared --> 06/15/2005
FP Notice Date --> 06/22/2005
FP Notice Date Sent on --> 06/23/2005
FP Notice Recieved on --> 06/25/2005
FP taken on --> 07/16/2005
Interview Notice Date --> 08/23/2005
Interview Notice Sent on --> 08/24/2005
Interview Notice Received on --> 08/26/2005
Interview Completed on --> 10/21/2005
Waiting for Oath Letter....................

The whole process may have taken about 10 to 15 minutes.

CitizenKane said:

Here are my dates:
Mailed July 18, 2005
Recd. July 20
Interview... waiting

Thanks,
kane

see my dates below...PD is after yours. Waiting ???
My friends PD - June 23rd,
Interview scheduled for Nov 18th.

Thanks for the details

dilipjaju,

Thanks for the details. Excellent summary and very useful for people still in waiting. Congratulations to you and hope you get your Oath call soon.

Thanks for sharing!

kane

dilipjaju said:
BTW where is your oath ceremony? As per following link no oath in scheduled for Oct 27 2005.

My oath ceremony is at the USCIS office in San Jose where you go for the interview.

Anyone with mid-July PD. Please post your dates. Seems like mostly July 1st folks have got interview dates.

Status Update ...

A Status Update ...

DO : San Jose
Application sent on : 9/24
Application received on : 9/27
Priority Date : 9/27
Check cashed on : 10/4
Official Receipt Received on : 10/14
Online application status : Able to check the status
FP Notice received on : 10/24 ( Online status did not get updated )

Timeline Update (San Jose)

PD 06/03/05
FP Notice Date 06/22/05
FD 07/20/05
Interview 10/26/05

Interview followed the same format as reported by others in this thread. The officer was courteous and professional. He informed me that I would received a letter with an oath date in a few weeks time and the oath date could be in Nov 05.

Interview letter arrived

DO - San Jose
Applied - 7/29/2005
Priority date - 8/4/2005
FP notice - 8/21/2005
FP done - 9/17/2005
Interview letter arrived - 10/26/2005
Interview schedule date - 12/29/2005

jramoshi said:
DO - San Jose
Applied - 7/29/2005
Priority date - 8/4/2005
FP notice - 8/21/2005
FP done - 9/17/2005
Interview letter arrived - 10/26/2005
Interview schedule date - 12/29/2005

Did your status online disappear too ? My FP was done on 9/21 (PD 8/8). Hopefully mine will come soon too.