San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

Lucky2005 said:
My lawyer emailed me today that they received the 3-option letter for my labor application. I think probably rest of the skipped cases also will get some reply soon.

PD: 4/2002
RD: April 14th 2003 (skipped one)

Wish you all the best. It is now just matter of couple of month to get out of this loop and enter the next one.
Thanks a lot for sharing the information.

Lucky2005 said:
My lawyer emailed me today that they received the 3-option letter for my labor application. I think probably rest of the skipped cases also will get some reply soon.

PD: 4/2002
RD: April 14th 2003 (skipped one)

Does the 3-option letter still give you the option to convert to traditional and if so do you have to use PERM process with all more stringent requirement that it has?

zastone said:
Does the 3-option letter still give you the option to convert to traditional and if so do you have to use PERM process with all more stringent requirement that it has?

Yes it gives the option to convert to traditional, but I donno how that works.
We are going with re-test market.

Lucky2005,

Thanks for the information, and wish u come out of this loop soon.

Can you please provide your case# (mask the last 1,2 digits with xx) so that we can know where they are processing? Also can you share some more info reg your case? (EB2/EB3, Qualification and experience required in labor application etc.
Thanks in advance.

Lucky2005 said:
Yes it gives the option to convert to traditional, but I donno how that works.
We are going with re-test market.

Last edited by a moderator:
rajhmal said:
Lucky2005,

Thanks for the information, and wish u come out of this loop soon.

Can you please provide your case# (mask the last 1,2 digits with xx) so that we can know where they are processing? Also can you share some more info reg your case? (EB2/EB3, Qualification and experience required in labor application etc.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks guys, thanks for your wishes.

Case # 095601xx
EB2 , MS+0

Lucky2005 said:
Thanks guys, thanks for your wishes.

Case # 095601xx
EB2 , MS+0

Hello RajMahal,
Is your case number also in same range ?
This will give rough idea that they don't have another round of skipping the cases.

gcsince2002, My case# is quite before Lucky2005. I have included my case# in my siganture.

Lucky2005, can u find out what date is the actual NOF issued (DOL) and received (attorney).
gcsince2002 said:
Hello RajMahal,
Is your case number also in same range ?
This will give rough idea that they don't have another round of skipping the cases.

rajhmal said:
gcsince2002, My case# is quite before Lucky2005. I have included my case# in my siganture.

Lucky2005, can u find out what date is the actual NOF issued (DOL) and received (attorney).

rajhmal, the date on the letter is Aug 02 and my attorney received it yesterday Aug 03.

rajhmal said:

Mine is also a skipped case, before Lucky2005. No news so far...

But apparently they had several hundred cases with RD of April 14 2003. So there's hope yet!

Lucky2005, all the best for success in the 3-option letter processing.

rajhmal said:

May be for given RD date, they may be processing based on PD.
Lycky2005 PD seems to be earlier that yours.

Just heard that my attorney received 3-option letter from SF DOL for me ...

PD: 5/20/02
RD: 4/11/03
case#: 0955 95xx

Letter received 8/2/05

Looks like we will do option 3 - the one day retest of the market.

Good luck everyone!

theteeset, Good luck in testing the market. Can you also give more details regarding ur case? Qualification/experience required and EB2/EB3 for your case?
theteeset said:

Letter received 8/2/05

Good luck everyone!

Need suggestions

As you guys already know, am going with re-test option.

I need your helpful suggestions, is it better to go with the original ad ( which is MS+0, and some software requirements) OR should modify the ad slightly
(MS+6 months and some software requirements) ?

My lawyer is suggesting to go with the original ad, but am worrying about
with MS+0 it is hard to reject the cases.
But to change the ad, my lawyer is saying we need to apply for wage determination, is it really required to go to wage determination department, when we change the ad?

theteeset said:

Letter received 8/2/05

Good luck everyone!

Hi Theteeset,

Congrats on the case moving another step, and all the best for the market test.

What exactly is meant by the "one day retest of the market"? Why "one-day"?

kcg said:
Hi Theteeset,

Congrats on the case moving another step, and all the best for the market test.

What exactly is meant by the "one day retest of the market"? Why "one-day"?

It means you put a recruitment ad in a Sunday paper for one day and provide the results to Dep of Labor. If the ad is the same one you gave when you started the process and the results are good (they show that you could not find a qualified american candidate)- they approve your application.

Ad Change for 3-option letter

I think your lawyer is right. Do not apply your mind. We are suffering from that small change from 0 month to 1 year with MS in 3-option letter. We responde back October-2004. Still in dark cloud of DOL. Waiting with hope of good news.

Please follow what your lawyer is saying. They always have direct touch with DOL officer for each case.
Good luck..
Lucky2005 said:
As you guys already know, am going with re-test option.

I need your helpful suggestions, is it better to go with the original ad ( which is MS+0, and some software requirements) OR should modify the ad slightly
(MS+6 months and some software requirements) ?

My lawyer is suggesting to go with the original ad, but am worrying about
with MS+0 it is hard to reject the cases.
But to change the ad, my lawyer is saying we need to apply for wage determination, is it really required to go to wage determination department, when we change the ad?

Waiting_LC_GC said:
I think your lawyer is right. Do not apply your mind. We are suffering from that small change from 0 month to 1 year with MS in 3-option letter. We responde back October-2004. Still in dark cloud of DOL. Waiting with hope of good news.

Please follow what your lawyer is saying. They always have direct touch with DOL officer for each case.
Good luck..

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.
I got the same suggestion from my friends also,
no ad changes, just going with the same old ad.

LongWaitLC said:
I heard some skipped cases at SF received re-test market letters. So be patient. They are slowly moving now. :)
Can you give us any other details: Case# (except last 2 digits), PD, RD, 3-opt letter received date (let's call it '3D')?