San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

rajhmal said:
vphope,

First of all congrats and all the best in further stages.
I did check my case today, but it is still in received status. :(

Thanks Raj
I wish you will also get it soon :)

Remanded case..

Another remanded case...

Guys,
Got this from my attorney today
"We heard back from the Dallas Backlog Processing Center.
The AEC application is pending with Dallas and is currently in data review. We do not have processing times at this point."

How do i intrepret this? Any hope?

CA PD -> 08/2001
RD -> 10/2002
Remanded to State -> 06/2003.

No news afer that..

Prolong filing I485 after I-140 approved

Experts,

I know this sounds little odd as why someone will wait to file I-485 once I-140 has been approved. But there are some cases wherein it is favourable to do so like getting married or so.

So my question is how much time once can prolong filing the I-485 once I-140 is approved.

Please let me know if any one of you know the same. I might try to also post this query in I-140/485 forum.

Thanks,
neargc

Urgent Help required for LC case at DOL(SF)

Experts,
I really need big help for my LC case. My attorney/employer send retest result to DOL after retest market last year in October 12,2004. I just came to know from DOL that they didn't received this documents so they abonded my case. Now, My attorney is working with DOL with all proof as FEDEX delivery confirmation reciept etc for my case. What else can be done in this to reopen my case. My 6th year H1b limit is expiring next month. I am too much upset with my family.

Please help me with detail solution..

How much time does it take for the approval, after the market retest is submitted?

Anybody got such an approval recently?

Another 3-option letter, now from April 24

Just wanted to let you know guys that I have also gotten 3-option letter on August 22. My case is from April 24, 2003.

Any ideas how long it takes DOL to process re-test response?

Slaviki

Finally heard the sweet tune..

After the retest my labor got certified, my lawyer got the approval notice on Friday. Sent papers on 09/02 and certified on 09/07.

Lucky2005 said:
After the retest my labor got certified, my lawyer got the approval notice on Friday. Sent papers on 09/02 and certified on 09/07.

So are you saying it took them only one week from when you sent in the results of the market retest until they sent the approval notice? That is amazing! I heard it took 3-6 months for them to come back after the retest.

Yes, ZAstone, I believe what lucky2005 says, his 3 option letter was dated Aug 2, 2005, and it is quite faster approval for him.

Congrats Lucky2005. on this good news

bad news is I am still struck, and I do not have any update.

Worst part of the news is check this link, of the October Visa bulletin. If this is true, then it is big shocker for us.
http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwh3227.html

Eb2 for India retrogress to Nov 1, 1999
Eb3 for India retrogress to Jan 1, 1998.

:(

zastone said:
So are you saying it took them only one week from when you sent in the results of the market retest until they sent the approval notice? That is amazing! I heard it took 3-6 months for them to come back after the retest.

Last edited by a moderator:
rajhmal said:
Yes, ZAstone, I believe what lucky2005 says, his 3 option letter was dated Aug 2, 2005, and it is quite faster approval for him.

Worst part of the news is check this link, of the October Visa bulletin. If this is true, then it is big shocker for us.

How long have you been waiting since you responded to DOL?

rajhmal said:
check this link, of the October Visa bulletin. If this is true, then it is big shocker for us.

Hey Raj,

I tried the URL but it actually closes my browser after giving an error message!! Do you have a correction, or is that website broken?

In any case, the DOS website still shows Sept visa bulletin, and so does their phone number. The bulletin for Oct.2000 actually had 01NOV99 for EB2 (but 08FEB97 for EB3). I'm wondering if some incorrect date got pulled up from archives somewhere... :(

Let's keep our fingers crossed about the dates; and I hope your case moves forward speedily (and all the rest of ours too).

kcg,

sorry, that I did not mention it earlier. Please try to open the link in either Mozilla firefox or Netscape. The link works in those browsers.

Zastone, I did not receive any 3 option letter so far (This is as far as attorneys are concerned, facts may be different), they informed me that they have no information.

Good news for Skipped cases

Hi Raj,
MY case is also skipped but when i keep following my attorney from the last three months he finally was able to spoke with someone from the Dep’t of Labor in San Francisco on Sept 8th. They are about to send a request for additional recruitment, which usually consists of one Sunday ad. My Attorney said Assuming no qualified US worker applies, we should be through the DOL fairly quickly.
Still we have n't got any receipt.So you should also be getting some reply soon from DOL.

Federal case No : 09560323
State Case No : 152536
State Received Date : 4/19/2002
Federal Received Date : 4/18/2003
DOT Code:999.151-031

rajhmal said:

janga,

My case is also skipped but my lawyer is not very helpful and always claim my case is transferred to BEC and in unopened box while my RD is 4/24/03 and should be in SF DOL.

Do you know how does your attorney contact the SF DOL? I want to push my attorney to do it for me.

Thanks.

janga said:
Hi Raj,
MY case is also skipped but when i keep following my attorney from the last three months he finally was able to spoke with someone from the Dep’t of Labor in San Francisco on Sept 8th. They are about to send a request for additional recruitment, which usually consists of one Sunday ad. My Attorney said Assuming no qualified US worker applies, we should be through the DOL fairly quickly.
Still we have n't got any receipt.So you should also be getting some reply soon from DOL.

Federal case No : 09560323
State Case No : 152536
State Received Date : 4/19/2002
Federal Received Date : 4/18/2003
DOT Code:999.151-031

rajhmal said:

Yup, it's true.

Check out: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2631.html

iam not sure how my attorney contacted DOL.But i only gave the below numbers and said to talk to someone in DOL from the last 2 to 3 months.He finally replied to me only on sept 8th by saying that with very great difficulty he was able to talk to some one in DOL.I sent a mail about what phone number he called.generally he will not reply.But if he replies i will post it immediatley.

Phone # for checking individual case status on AVM : 415 975 4617.
(and followed by 1,1 when prompted)

Phone # for checking general status on AVM : 415 975 4601
(and followed by 1,1 when prompted). This# just gives general idea about what is happening.. and what dates they are processing.

LUCKONGC said:
janga,

My case is also skipped but my lawyer is not very helpful and always claim my case is transferred to BEC and in unopened box while my RD is 4/24/03 and should be in SF DOL.

Do you know how does your attorney contact the SF DOL? I want to push my attorney to do it for me.

Thanks.

Perhaps it may be Blessing in Disguise...

rajhmal said:

This might actually be a very good piece of news for those of us who still do not have their labor certified.

Most of us who are still on this thread have PD May 2002, RD April 2003. However, there are a lot of people from (1) other states, (2) PERM, and (3) approved by BECs, that have much later PDs than ours but have got labor approved (and lots of 140 approved too).

If 485 dates were to suddenly become 'current', the limited spaces available for the year would fill up in no time and then it would become 'unavailable' again for the rest of the year, leaving us once again in the lurch.

So I think that the current system will now more closely follow a FIFO schedule, fair to all, and hopefully we'll be there soon enough. I am optimistic about it. It might well be a blessing in disguise. :)

labor approval

Hi guys I just received email from attorney that we received my labor certification approval today.

Retest result submitted on Sept 6th 2005.
Certification approval recvd on Sept 19th 2005.

April 16th case, EB3 + 1 year EXP.

But don't know as how long is going to be wait to file 485 due to current retrogression.

All the best to all of you.