San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

my case

Mine is a AZ non RIR case with rd: apr-04 and PD: aug03

does any one know, where my case would be?

Reply highly appreciated,
Thanks,

Labor substitution & Pending labor

Hi,

Is it possible to keep the pending labor certification application & use another pre-approved labor certification to concurrently file I140 & 485.
What will be PD in that case ?...
I want to keep the current labor going as a back-up...is it worth ?

thnx

Az application

I am in the same boat :: Az non RIR case with PD:Dec03 RD:July04.. I thought our cases are still sleeping in SF DOL but not sure something changed recently (if so, the AVM messages don't reflect that) - If you hear anything let me know.

Thanks,

AZGC said:
Mine is a AZ non RIR case with rd: apr-04 and PD: aug03

does any one know, where my case would be?

Reply highly appreciated,
Thanks,

GP111,

What is your view on the BEC processing in terms of actual approval process.

1) Do you think ,they would place a software system to do the checks or would it be manual?

2) Would BEC wait to see how PERM is working and then they start their process?

3) Will they wait for all the 45-day letter responses to be recd at BEC before they start processing the cases?

Appreciate your views.

where_is_it said:
GP111,

What is your view on the BEC processing in terms of actual approval process.

1) Do you think ,they would place a software system to do the checks or would it be manual?

- Manual.. System should flag if anything is missing for the case & then place the Completed Cases in FIFO queue (based on PD) to be processed by certifying officer/staff

- Maybe Yes, Looks like dol want to see how many cases gets withdrawn (due to no response of 45 day letter OR refiling thru PERM) & then start processing the remaining backlog.

3) Will they wait for all the 45-day letter responses to be recd at BEC before they start processing the cases?

-NO, I don't believe so. They should start processing soon. The FIFO queue will be automaticlly adjust once 45 day letter response received for each case
Appreciate your views.

gp111 said:

- Maybe Yes, Looks like dol want to see how many cases gets withdrawn (due to no response of 45 day letter OR refiling thru PERM) & then start processing the remaining backlog.

I would disagree with this point, since PERM and BEC processing is entirely in defferent standards, like Priv wage, restrictive requirements and etc.
Bec may not wait untill end May to start process.

If lot of cases are withdrawn may be its extension period of 24 - 30 months of operation may be effected. They may close the operation after intial term and may not get extensions for operation.

gc_sparrow said:
Hi,

Is it possible to keep the pending labor certification application & use another pre-approved labor certification to concurrently file I140 & 485.

1. Can use another LC for substitution
2.PD will be from the date of filing of I-140
3.You cannot file concurrently for I-140 and I-485 for LC substitiution

(However please confirm with Attorney,Any thing is possible with INS)
thnx

mnhrdc said:
I would disagree with this point, since PERM and BEC processing is entirely in defferent standards, like Priv wage, restrictive requirements and etc.
Bec may not wait untill end May to start process.

If lot of cases are withdrawn may be its extension period of 24 - 30 months of operation may be effected. They may close the operation after intial term and may not get extensions for operation.

My assumption is based on
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_newinf.html

BEC and PERM are Streamlining the LC Process

This effort is also part of the backlog reduction plan, as the DOL will be able to narrow its universe of cases by terminating those cases where the employers do not wish to go forward. The DOL has a stated estimated timeframe of 24-30 months from the implementation of PERM for the completion of its backlog reduction efforts. A final estimate is expected at some point after PERM is implemented and the DOL can judge how many cases will remain pending to be adjudicated under the old system and how many will be withdrawn from the backlog and re-filed under PERM.

The DOL has anticipated and hoped that employers will lean toward PERM and change pending cases over to the PERM process. This would reduce the work of the BECs. However, this change-over may not be very likely for many, due to the potential loss of the priority date. The filing date (priority date) has now become an issue for nationals of India, mainland China, and Philippines, a factor that the DOL may not have fully considered in its desire to shift its caseload towards PERM.
(Thanks to www.murthy.com)

mnhrdc said:
Originally Posted by gc_sparrow
Hi,

1. Can use another LC for substitution
2.PD will be from the date of filing of I-140
3.You cannot file concurrently for I-140 and I-485 for LC substitiution
(However please confirm with Attorney,Any thing is possible with INS)

thnx

Concurrent Filing of I-140/485 can be done for Labor Substitution also.

DOL Update

This are some cases with updated status SFO.

09553673 certified
09553671 nof march 4
09553670 nof march4
09553665 certified

Latest DOL actions

All 3/31, acted upon on March 4th.
9553670 - NOF
9553671 - NOF
9553678 - Certified

At least the AVM is up-to-date :)

what abt 09553728 RD 03/31/2003?

I'm new to this forum.. What is AVM ? Is it the message from 415 - 9754617

Pls let me know

Anand_ve said:
what abt 09553728 RD 03/31/2003?

I'm new to this forum.. What is AVM ? Is it the message from 415 - 9754617

Pls let me know

automated voice message (system)?! the phone number is correct. your status is "received".

gp111 said:
Concurrent Filing of I-140/485 can be done for Labor Substitution also.
It is true only when VISA No.s AVAILABLE

My view was based on my collegues who's attorney's didnt allow to file concurrently even when VISA retrogression was not there.

However the Interiem Rule issued during July 31 2002 states that for filing I-485 concurrently VISA No.s must be availble for the allien . Being so with current retrogression is for March 2003 (India), how a person can file concurrently with susbstitution LC acquiring PD as March 2005 when he files his I-140?.

Quote"
Who Is Eligible To File Forms I–140 and I–485 Concurrently?
Forms I–140 and I–485 may be filed concurrently only when an immigrant
visa number is immediately available.This interim rule does not change the existing requirement that a visa number must be immediately available before analien can apply for permanent resident status. This interim rule simply applies to aliens who are classifiable under sections 203(b)(1), (2), and (3),of the Immigration and Nationality Act, allowing them to file the Forms I–140 and I–485 at the same time, but only when a visa is immediately available.

UnQuote"

Last edited by a moderator: