San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

Birth certificate..

Hello,

I recently got my labor certificate approved (my PD for federal was March 27th 2003..In January I got NOF, my lawyer replied and finally I got my LC two day days back )but while applying for 485 I am facing a big problem..Birth date on my passport and my original birth certificate is different..I used to think I will use cert. issued by counslate which is based on passport but lawyer said it is no good.. With impending retrogression in EB2 and other concerns I do not want to wait for long in applying for my application. Will you please guide me what are my options.. How should I handle this case..

Thanks,
Green card seeker..

nocard said:
Hello,

I recently got my labor certificate approved (my PD for federal was March 27th 2003..In January I got NOF, my lawyer replied and finally I got my LC two day days back )but while applying for 485 I am facing a big problem..Birth date on my passport and my original birth certificate is different..I used to think I will use cert. issued by counslate which is based on passport but lawyer said it is no good.. With impending retrogression in EB2 and other concerns I do not want to wait for long in applying for my application. Will you please guide me what are my options.. How should I handle this case..

Thanks,
Green card seeker..

Is it possible to get the Birth Certificate corrected to match the dates on the passport. Alternatively, you can get notarised affidavits from your parents which can be used instead of Birth Certificates. In this case, I think you will have to get 'Non-Availability Certificate' mentioning that your birth was not registered. Check it out.

Good Luck.

Suggestion

Get a non avaliability certificate from your country and get two affidavites from you r parents. That's all. You are set to go.

nocard said:
Hello,

Thanks,
Green card seeker..

Hi mnhrdc,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, Remanded means it's in Non-RIR (Traditional) queue. So If I understand correctly then there is no seperate queue for RIR/Non-RIR in BEC. Once case reaches BEC, it will be processed based on your PD not RIR/Non-RIR. So if someone has RD of Sep-2003 (PD of Sep 2002) in RIR then it will be processed AFTER PD of Oct 2001 (Non-RIR).

Thanks.

LCA - 01 said:
Hi mnhrdc,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, Remanded means it's in Non-RIR (Traditional) queue. So If I understand correctly then there is no seperate queue for RIR/Non-RIR in BEC. Once case reaches BEC, it will be processed based on your PD not RIR/Non-RIR. So if someone has RD of Sep-2003 (PD of Sep 2002) in RIR then it will be processed AFTER PD of Oct 2001 (Non-RIR).

Thanks.

Yes.. the non RIR with PD 2001 will go for processing first BUT RIR with PD 2002 may be approved before that because the Recruiting Process has been done on that so RIR cases will be ready to approve.

[** With impending retrogression in EB2 ** and other concerns I do not want to wait Green card seeker..[/QUOTE]

What's the source of this info?

>>Yes.. the non RIR with PD 2001 will go for processing first BUT RIR with PD 2002 may be approved before that because the Recruiting Process has been done on that so RIR cases will be ready to approve

Do you think that Non-RIR case with PD Aug 2001 will be processed this year in BRC ? I am debating whether I should convert to PERM or stick with BRC. If my case will be proccessed this year in BRC then I don't want to convert in PERM (Due to possible retrogession in EB2).

Thanks

It's based on the fact that once PERM starts approving LCs for EB2 in say next few months, there would a big queue for EB2 as well as EB3 and hence a possible retrogression.Your ealrier PD can be your source of hope,if BEC starts processing the LCs soon.

Hang in there...

gcba said:
[** With impending retrogression in EB2 ** and other concerns I do not want to wait Green card seeker..

What's the source of this info?[/QUOTE]

Convert to PERM?

LCA - 01,
If it's of any consolation and use:
In my company, many of us who have EB3 and Aug 2002 PD have been advised and decided not to think of PERM conversion due to multiple factors:
1. Possibility of consistent positive outcome in PERM not known, as this is a new process
2. Statements/rumor that converted PERMs may not have the same quick approval turnaround time as new PERMs - it may take more than the promised 60 days
3. We're so close to the end of LC now (kind of!), why endanger our chances by taking an untrodden path.
4. We'll have to wait may be 2-3 months to file 485, assuming we get LC cleared in July 2005 and EB3 numbers progress month-to-month. We're OK with that.

Well, if EB3 guys can be so optimistic about this, EB2 cases should be too, unless you expect EB2 dates to retrogress very badly. I don't think that's the case.

Cheers,
Manny

LCA - 01 said:
>>Yes.. the non RIR with PD 2001 will go for processing first BUT RIR with PD 2002 may be approved before that because the Recruiting Process has been done on that so RIR cases will be ready to approve

Do you think that Non-RIR case with PD Aug 2001 will be processed this year in BRC ? I am debating whether I should convert to PERM or stick with BRC. If my case will be proccessed this year in BRC then I don't want to convert in PERM (Due to possible retrogession in EB2).

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
MannyD said:
LCA - 01,
If it's of any consolation and use:
In my company, many of us who have EB3 and Aug 2002 PD have been advised and decided not to think of PERM conversion due to multiple factors:
1. Possibility of consistent positive outcome in PERM not known, as this is a new process
2. Statements/rumor that converted PERMs may not have the same quick approval turnaround time as new PERMs - it may take more than the promised 60 days
3. We're so close to the end of LC now (kind of!), why endanger our chances by taking an untrodden path.
4. We'll have to wait may be 2-3 months to file 485, assuming we get LC cleared in July 2005 and EB3 numbers progress month-to-month. We're OK with that.

Well, if EB3 guys can be so optimistic about this, EB2 cases should be too, unless you expect EB2 dates to retrogress very badly. I don't think that's the case.

Cheers,
Manny

Manny,

My case is with SWA (Non-RIR/PD 2001) and there are thousands of cases ahead of me (Apr 2001 PD). I haven't heard single case from SWA (Non-RIR) who got 45-day letter from BRC so I don't know how long BRC will take to open and process my case. If BRC doesn't open my case till next year then I was think of taking chance through PERM. Atleast I'll know decision by end of the year.

Thanks

I have still not received 45Day letter? Lot of people in this group have already received it, is BEC sending those letters with PD ?? :confused:

my PD: 08/2002 and RD: 08/2003,

gp111 said:
March 31, 2003

pleaseGOD said:
I have still not received 45Day letter? Lot of people in this group have already received it, is BEC sending those letters with PD ?? :confused:

BPC is not sending the 45 letters in sequecne and they are sending them very randomly but you should be receiving anytime from now..

dkgdkg said:
hi dkgdkg
Yours is the first Aug 2002 ( PD) case I have seen that has got the 45 day letter.Congratulations.
Was yours a Ca case ?
Please give us some indication about your number.I am still waiting for mine.
PDaug2002
RDaug2003
45 day letter not recd . yet.

AZ case status

Does any one have a Clue, where the cases of AZ are?

mine is a AZ non RIR case with pd: Aug2003.
and rd: april04

can some one help me?
Thanks

Anand

Hi Guys,
My LC RIR was received in regional office by March 31 2003. For more than 6 weeks I'm hearing the same message" Processing late March".
Pls let me know if any one of u get approved for the "late March" RD.

----------------------------
Case Num : 095537xx
DOT : 999.151-031
RD : 03/31/2003

Last edited by a moderator:
no letter either.

How do you know your case has been transfered to the BEC? Did your lawyer receive the notification of the transmission?

pleaseGOD said:

phenix said:
How do you know your case has been transfered to the BEC? Did your lawyer receive the notification of the transmission?

Send email to 'status@DAL.DFLC.US'

with
Employer name : xxxxx
Alian Name : Last, First
SF DOL Case # P2003-CA-xxxx
SF DOL RD :

YOU will get response in few days with your new case number

gp111 said:
Send email to 'status@DAL.DFLC.US'

with
Employer name : xxxxx
Alian Name : Last, First
SF DOL Case # P2003-CA-xxxx
SF DOL RD :

YOU will get response in few days with your new case number
Hi Gp111
Did you get your 45 day letter yet?I did'nt.