San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

question ..

Friends,
My manager is ready to give me a pre-approved labor. The priority date of the labor is June 2001. My labor application is still in federal and has a prioirity date of Dec 2002. I am in EB3.

So if I use the pre-approved labor, which is the priority date that will be applicable when deciding whether my I-485 application will be current or not (when I apply). Concerned as now the current date for I-486 has retrogessed to Jan 2002.

Thanks a lot

Is it possible to carry over the PD when changing job to diff. employer

Hi Guys;

Does any you know if I can carry the PD of my existing LC with my current employer to another employer.

Please help.

Thanks

in_labour_pain said:
Friends,
My manager is ready to give me a pre-approved labor. The priority date of the labor is June 2001. My labor application is still in federal and has a prioirity date of Dec 2002. I am in EB3.

So if I use the pre-approved labor, which is the priority date that will be applicable when deciding whether my I-485 application will be current or not (when I apply). Concerned as now the current date for I-486 has retrogessed to Jan 2002.

Thanks a lot

PD is allien based and can't be transferred to another person.
For the substitiution labor , First I-140 needs to be approved before I-485 is applied. I may be wrong i think PD in this case is the date I-140 is applied.

How H1 extensions beyond 6 yrs. are obtained during pending LC ?
In the event I-140 is not approved in 365 days , the extensions of H1 visa pending I140 > 1yr can be applied, Alternatively if the earlier case is not withdrawn pending LC > 1yr also can be used for extensions.

Check with an attorney who allways find a loophole in rules.

OneMoreIndian said:
Hi Guys;

Does any you know if I can carry the PD of my existing LC with my current employer to another employer.

Please help.

Thanks

1.Yes in a sense
2.GC is for future processing
3.Your case with present employer should not be withdrawn.
4.After LC,I-140,Pending appln of I-485>180 days , apply AC21 with new company,
5.Old PD carry forward with new company.
6.However this type of answers need to be chceked with Attorney

wassup said:
Don't worry. There are atleast 7-8 of us in the same boat here. I hope one of these days its going to come through.
Hi wassup,
I got a feedback from my attorney regarding my case.They came to know that the person who was going through my case is no longer with DOL.They are going to reassign this case to somebody else.
Ultimate result is I have to wait more and again get screwed up by the one and only DOL :mad:man I see no hope in this labor process it is more than three years now.
I will keep updating as I get more information

Good luck to all you guys

~dask_1

sr1234 said:
Hi:

Any new approvals for last week.

Thanks

Not able to check the cases as
the Phno 415-975-4617 is not working. :confused:

Guys can you verify if the Ph No is working for u !!

why do you receive that letter so quick ?

suryam said:
I came to know through my attorney that for my case Attorney/Employer received 45 day letter from BEC during Jan 2nd week and Attorney replied it back last week.

I am a silent reader of this forum. This is a very useful and informative forum.

My first RIR applied in 2001 went back to Regular in 2003 from SESA itself, then I withdrew the old case and applied new RIR in June 2003.

Let us see how my luck will be this time.

Any ideas when the actual processing of cases starts at BECs?

PD : June 2003
RD : May 2004 at DOL SFO
CA : RIR

I heard the same. My lawyer also told me that they will probably take as long as they like to resolve the remaining cases since after PERM, they will lose their jobs. The more they drag the old cases, more time they get to be on the job.

dask_1 said:
Hi wassup,
I got a feedback from my attorney regarding my case.They came to know that the person who was going through my case is no longer with DOL.They are going to reassign this case to somebody else.
Ultimate result is I have to wait more and again get screwed up by the one and only DOL :mad:man I see no hope in this labor process it is more than three years now.
I will keep updating as I get more information

Good luck to all you guys

~dask_1

wassup said:
I heard the same. My lawyer also told me that they will probably take as long as they like to resolve the remaining cases since after PERM, they will lose their jobs. The more they drag the old cases, more time they get to be on the job.

Looks like they are worried about their own ***
They dont care whatever happens to us :mad:

sr1234 said:
I tried, this phone is working fine now.

I havent come across any approved cases for last week !!
May be they havent input any approvals as the ph was down :confused:
OR they have stopped working :eek:

Retest cases

wassup said:
This is my first time at this forum. Feels comforting to know that there are a whole bunch of guys stuck at the DOL after responding to the 3 option letters. My lawyer had responded back sometime in the second/third week of October.We are yet to receive any kind of response from them. It has been over 3 months. I was given the exact same reason by my lawyer about the delay. My lawyer also told me that the delay cannot be estimated and that it could take months before they even reassign our cases by which time the conditions could change again.
I was told that the person who was initially working on my case has been fired and that it has to be reassigned to a new person.I too feel that DOL is just using delay tactics.

Are you guys up for a legal suit against DOL?. We could try and contact one of the good lawyers( Rajiv khanna maybe) and see how strong our case is. My lawyer tells me that we have a very strong case.What do you guys feel about this??. I feel that it is about time that we did something other than just waiting for things to happen on our retest cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
please correct me if i am wrong.

the latest update from DOL is that RIR and regualr non RIR cases will be waiting in the same queue in the BEC. this means that the RIR people will wait forever especially they will wait most for the bulk of the backlog caused by section 245 (i) effective april 2001.

I might be wrong here but I really don’t see any problem in having one queue for RIR and Non-RIR as long as it is only for regional cases. I guess Non-RIR cases at regional level were ahead of RIR cases. Please correct me if I am wrong.

It could be problematic if there is once queue for Regional and state as well as the same queue for RIR and Non-RIR.

Is there only one queue for Regional and State cases?

please correct me if i am wrong.

Not all cases have transferred to BEC

Hi,
I believe that all cases have not been transferred to a BEC. I just checked the FLC web page for my employer and I only see my record over there. The other cases which were received by the SF DOL atleast a year after my case, are not there any more.
Does it mean that SF DOL is going to process my case while the other cases will be processed by the BEC/BRC?

Thanks.

SWA RD: Feb 2002
SF DOL RD: June 2003

well, the way I understand is once it's in BEC, it's in this FIFO, so folks with RIR with regional in 2003-2004 (e.g.), will be now sitting behind regulars from 2001.. When the case is actually taken, RIR will take less time but to take up that case will have to go thru current regular cases (dunno how many).. so esp if someone was to apply NOW.. s/he's looking at 'atleast' 2 yrs for his/her case to be picked up.. by that time, EB2 also will surely retrogress due to faster PERM... $#!t..

abzy2004 said:
well, the way I understand is once it's in BEC, it's in this FIFO, so folks with RIR with regional in 2003-2004 (e.g.), will be now sitting behind regulars from 2001.. When the case is actually taken, RIR will take less time but to take up that case will have to go thru current regular cases (dunno how many).. so esp if someone was to apply NOW.. s/he's looking at 'atleast' 2 yrs for his/her case to be picked up.. by that time, EB2 also will surely retrogress due to faster PERM... $#!t..

There is truth in FIFO but also there is a separate Q for RIR and Non RIR (Traditional Recruitment) based on FIFO at BEC, Atleast if u believe there earlier postings from DOL published Training guideline.

If they make common Q imagine there are atleast more than 80% Non-RIR cases (out of 300k) which were applied during late 2001 & 2002 due to regularisation of illigal immigrant.

To cheerup all :D , Atleast we havent seen any info from DOL that they stop process RIR seperately, so lets worry about only Bec Letters or what is status of SFO RO cases pending

Last edited by a moderator:
2muchwait said:
Hi,
I believe that all cases have not been transferred to a BEC. I just checked the FLC web page for my employer and I only see my record over there. The other cases which were received by the SF DOL atleast a year after my case, are not there any more.
Does it mean that SF DOL is going to process my case while the other cases will be processed by the BEC/BRC?

Thanks.

SWA RD: Feb 2002
SF DOL RD: June 2003

This was not true for our company cases
The cases for RO July 2003 recieved BEC letter showed up on FDLC /AVM
The cases for RO June 2003 NOT recd Bec Letter showed up on FDLC/AVM
The cases for RO May 2003 NOT recd Bec letter showed up on FDLC /AVM

May be those cases which recieved during June 2004 and later were not updated at FDLC.(most of ppl have said that db is not upto date). It is observed most of cases having latest RO/PD are recieveing the BEC and earliest RO/PD are yet to recieve the BEC.

But the cases that were received by the SF DOL after June 2004 were showing up on AVM. I have yet to check the AVM again but I believe the website and AVM both use the same database.

All,

There is some information at last...
Check this doccument : http://www.immigration.com/perm/permdolnews.pdf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Initial Cases from the Dallas, Philadelphia and San Francisco Regional Offices data entry has been completed. Letters are going out. Letters have not gone out on all cases. The same letters are being sent for RIR and traditional cases. These Centers begun adjudicating cases brought from the regional offices. Of the 20,000 cases from the San Francisco Regional Office, the oldest cases in the San Francisco regional office went through a FIFO process and were divided between Philadelphia/Dallas - approximately 10,000 each, so there would be no detriment to the cases due to backlogs in one location. There is no data available as to how many of the cases are RIR and how many are non-RIR. DOL believes that there are now less than 10,000 cases left at the San Francisco Regional Office.

FIFO Based Upon the Date Attorneys Respond RIR NON RIR Treated Alike As the letters come back, FIFO will dictate the order of adjudication of cases. RIR will not be processed any faster than non-RIR. RIR and traditional cases will not be separated in time order. They will be handled in FIFO order, but because RIR has more work already completed on them, they will
probably move faster. DOL needs to impose some equity between the two processes based on resources while trying to adhere to the original priority date. DOL will see what the processing times look like and revise if inequity occurs. A pure two-track system cannot be followed. Notice going to attorneys to advise of transfer of cases come will come from a BRC only. There is no funding to do anything else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------