San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

3/17/2003 DOL received - no change in AVM message

Does no change mean 3-option letter or NOF ? Cases received after 3/19 are also certified.

Please let me know. Re-posting due to no respone. Thanks all..

Another weird case??

First post in this forum. Labor applied for in May 2004. Yes, 2004. Got a notice from the lawyer (and from SESA) that my case was approved and transferred to DOL in Mid Sep.

Anybody has a clue as to how it went that fast (not that I am complaining).

I do circuit design for a big SoCal company, MS + 3 yrs experience.

EXTENSION after 6 years and H1B transfer at the same time

Hi gurus,
Can we file HI1B transfer and extension after 6th year at the same time?
My attorney says that they can't. First we should file H1B transfer and then only extension. But I doubt attorney knowlwdge.

To you all

Does anybody have info on which date of March' 03 SF DOL is processing now?

Thanks

theshack said:
First post in this forum. Labor applied for in May 2004. Yes, 2004. Got a notice from the lawyer (and from SESA) that my case was approved and transferred to DOL in Mid Sep.

Just a guess

When u appllied in May 2004 Swa was processing July 2003
when your State case approved in Sep 2004 SWA was processing Nov 2003

Possible they picked up your packet wrongly (Good for You) and looks once they tear open the cover they dont close it untill it is adjudicated either way
Good luck in BEC centre

Labor Denied

Hi Everyone,

If two labors applied by same employer for same employee in two states ie hq and faster state.
If faster state labor denied in DOL, what will happen to Headquarters Labor process???

If labor denied then you can't process another labor until 180 days. Is this true????? :confused:

Thanks

Anyone knows how to read process time in the below link page.
I would like to know the two different they mentioned in the page as PERM and RIR. Also for SF it shows two different month/year for each PERM and RIR. My case has been filed in RIR in AZ and transferred to DOL in May 2004.
So do I need to read the current processing time as March 2003 or April 2004?

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/dol111504.html

please help me. Thanks in Advance :confused:

bayareagc said:
Labour Filed in RIR in California 08/2001
Transferred to Federal 08/2002
Remanded To State on 06/2003

Sitting in Regular queue since then

Questions:
a). When my case goes back to federal from SWA will i retain my old RD
OR i will get a new RD?

b). Now with the new regulations that the cases will get processed
based on RD, if i get a new RD then dont i have to wait much longer
because i will get a later date?

c). I beleive i will retain my PD. Is that correct?

Thanks
bayareaGC,
I am in the same position as yours. My labor got remanded back to state in Jun 2003 and havenot heard anything yet :(

Nirvan said:
Hi gurus,
Can we file HI1B transfer and extension after 6th year at the same time?
My attorney says that they can't. First we should file H1B transfer and then only extension. But I doubt attorney knowlwdge.

Nirvan

You can apply for a H1 transfer after 6 years, only if the labor is pending for more than 365 days. After you transfer your H1 your previous employer should not cancel your labor petition. If he/she cancels the labor petetion then you will be out of status.

You can file for extension and or transfer with any employer provided your labor is pending for more than 365 days. It need not be with same employer. The only catch is they should not withdraw your petetion.

spanneerselvam said:
Nirvan

You can apply for a H1 transfer after 6 years, only if the labor is pending for more than 365 days. After you transfer your H1 your previous employer should not cancel your labor petition. If he/she cancels the labor petetion then you will be out of status.

You can file for extension and or transfer with any employer provided your labor is pending for more than 365 days. It need not be with same employer. The only catch is they should not withdraw your petetion.

Thank you very much for the reply.
Excuse me for not giving more details of the problem.

Company A applied for my LC exactly 366 back. So, 365 days rule will apply for me. Company A won't withdraw the LC. I work for company B which sponsored my H1 till 6th year end( 06/05). Now, I am trying to switch to comapny C which will trasfer H1 from company B. There is no problem it. But, I am trying to trasfer as well as 7th year extension at the same time. One attorney told me that it is not possible. Other one says it is possible. To my knowledge our gurus are knowlwdgable than attorneys. So, I have put this issue in our forum. Please reply if anybody came across this situation.

Nirvan said:
Thank you very much for the reply.
Excuse me for not giving more details of the problem.

Company A applied for my LC exactly 366 back. So, 365 days rule will apply for me. Company A won't withdraw the LC. I work for company B which sponsored my H1 till 6th year end( 06/05). Now, I am trying to switch to comapny C which will trasfer H1 from company B. There is no problem it. But, I am trying to trasfer as well as 7th year extension at the same time. One attorney told me that it is not possible. Other one says it is possible. To my knowledge our gurus are knowlwdgable than attorneys. So, I have put this issue in our forum. Please reply if anybody came across this situation.

Nirvan

It is definitely possible to change the company as well as file the 7th year extension with company C. The simple fact is there is no difference between B and C. The rule is you can file for extension if the labor is pending for more than 365 days. It need not be with the same company. Since company A will not withdraw your labor application, you can transfer and file 7th year with new company.

INS doesn't care with which company you file your extension. As long as you are in a valid status you can file the extension. I am pretty sure about this.

theshack said:

Yes SESA has become very fast nowadays.. It used to take 11 months before, but now takes about 6 months to clear a case. Its the DOL which really SUCKS !

Ray S. said:
Where did you find out about these 20000 cases? is this just some rumor that's being spread in this forum? where are these numbers coming from? what is the authenticity of this information?

Hi Ray.S

Please don't use words like rumor in these types of forums. No one will give an information without confirming them. Mostly every one will provide very close and correct informations only to the best of their knowledge. No need for me to spread any rumor, as even I too expect good and true informations from these forums. If you want to clarify about the 20000 cases transferred to BEC, just call 1-415-975-4601 (SF DOL number) and listen to the voice response.

Thanks

Unfortunate!!

goodphysq said:
Same here......Do any one in this forum know how the remanded cases will be handled?? Its really furstrating becuase no one knows how these cases will be handled...

Do anyone have any thoughts?? Its been more than 3 years and still waiting without any clue...... :mad:

No reponse again from this forum....looks like very few out there like me.

Its really frustrating do anyone has any clue...........please ???????

Well said

antonioa77 said:
well u r right, this FIFO thing with DOL is against logic. it is obviously a LIFO (last in first out). their plan is to process regional cases before going to SWA, so FIFO is not consistent. i feel all this change will be a mess because u r moving everything from one system to a completely different one. DOL has been always stupid with its policies and they will remain like that forever. it is my opinion.

Well said Antonioa