San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

You are right, slow states like California have nothing to loose and everything to gain.

sandeep0902 said:
I read the article and I guess that your fears are genuine, we may end up in a bigger Queue and if NPC and BEC are not adequately staffed to handle the national level LCs, we may see even bigger delays. But as we stand right now,we don't have much to loose except cases like yours which were about to be processed and if they can't make the end -f year deadline, then...Keep your fingers crossed :)

I guess there is no point going for litigation, now that everything is National.Just hope they speeden up the processing atleast when they go National...

gp111 said:
What I read in other thread is they have about 120 officers in each BEC & each office may approve up to 20 cases a day (Is there is no problem with case or no other info required).. sounds like it will be faster deal.

good luck to everyone !

120 * 2 * 20 = 4800 cases a day.
There were 315,000 unprocessed cases somewhere in April 2002. Right now there should be less as the companies employ H1 workers very reluctantly ( partly because of complications with DOL an others). Besides the illegal immigrants cannot submit the DOL application anymore.
So even if there were 315,000 cases now it would take only 65 days to eliminate the backlog nationwide completely. Do you believe it? I do not.

sbdol said:
120 * 2 * 20 = 4800 cases a day.
There were 315,000 unprocessed cases somewhere in April 2002. Right now there should be less as the companies employ H1 workers very reluctantly ( partly because of complications with DOL an others). Besides the illegal immigrants cannot submit the DOL application anymore.
So even if there were 315,000 cases now it would take only 65 days to eliminate the backlog nationwide completely. Do you believe it? I do not.

You are assuming all the 20 cases will be without any problems ready to certify.. One officer will process 20 cases a day not approve 20 a day ! I would say, Out of 20 may be 5 to 7 approval a day.

the memo says that a first shipement in october will be from states with the oldest backlog. as an example, i'm in washington state that is one of the slowest states , they r still processing sep 2002 as of now for RIR, but my PD is april 2004. so do u expect that the whole queue of rir in washington state will be moved to BEC (including my case) in october ,or just the earliest cases (let's say from sep 2002 to sep 2003 ,as an example) ?

regional DOL first
then states

antonioa77 said:
the memo says that a first shipement in october will be from states with the oldest backlog. as an example, i'm in washington state that is one of the slowest states , they r still processing sep 2002 as of now for RIR, but my PD is april 2004. so do u expect that the whole queue of rir in washington state will be moved to BEC (including my case) in october ,or just the earliest cases (let's say from sep 2002 to sep 2003 ,as an example) ?

:) Hi All & GP11,
My DOL RD is May 20th 2003. How this recent development will affect me.
I was under expectation that I might hear a decision from DOL around Dec end or Jan end at the most. Now with the recent change of National Queue, I am not able to guess ?
:)

JRFF said:
:) Hi All & GP11,
My DOL RD is May 20th 2003. How this recent development will affect me.
I was under expectation that I might hear a decision from DOL around Dec end or Jan end at the most. Now with the recent change of National Queue, I am not able to guess ?
:)

I would say it will not affect you much.. If SF Dol has forwarded all case from Feb 03, you will be processed by SF DOL soon after the transfer completes. If they have moved all cases beyond March 10th, you will be soon processed by BEC as your case will be way ahead in National Queue.

ok,let's assume that the new system processes 7 cases(approvals) a day(let's be conservative).Then it would do 120*2*7=3360 approvals a day and hence to clear 315000 pending cases,it should take 93.75 days.Let's say 100 days approx. Not bad looking at the current rate... :rolleyes:

gp111 said:
You are assuming all the 20 cases will be without any problems ready to certify.. One officer will process 20 cases a day not approve 20 a day ! I would say, Out of 20 may be 5 to 7 approval a day.

sandeep0902 said:
ok,let's assume that the new system processes 7 cases(approvals) a day(let's be conservative).Then it would do 120*2*7=3360 approvals a day and hence to clear 315000 pending cases,it should take 93.75 days.Let's say 100 days approx. Not bad looking at the current rate... :rolleyes:

how does 120*2* 7 = 3360 ????????????

its 1680 cases per day..

to clear 315000 pending cases it will take 190 working days... which is almost 1 year (including weekends & bunch of govt. holidays)

Hi All & GP11,
I am new member here..

My DOL RD is Mar 24th 2003. How this recent development will affect me.

Thank you very much

gp111 said:

its 1680 cases per day..

to clear 315000 pending cases it will take 190 working days... which is almost 1 year (including weekends & bunch of govt. holidays)
Guys,
Dont u think it is over optimistic. First they have to send out letters and get back responses. Things will be faster once they get back responses. I assume they will take time (3-6 months) to streamline their pipeline. and reach that optimum number of cases per day (7).
--murali

m_chundi said:
Guys,
Dont u think it is over optimistic. First they have to send out letters and get back responses. Things will be faster once they get back responses. I assume they will take time (3-6 months) to streamline their pipeline. and reach that optimum number of cases per day (7).
--murali

yep its over optimistic.. but not unreal.. currently SF dol has about 10 officers & they ware approving 60 to 70 cases a day recently.

gp111 and others,

Do you think S.F. DOL is still processing the cases now and process 60 or 70 cases per day? If this is the case, I guess they should reach the cases on March 12 or 13? As a matter of fact, they're still processing the cases received on March 10 very slowly. My case is March 13, 2003. Do you think my case will be transferred to BEC or stay in S.F. DOL for process? If transferring all the cases after March 10 to BEC, the cases in March, 2003 will be postponed for several months (send letter, respond, start to work on...)

gp111 said:
yep its over optimistic.. but not unreal.. currently SF dol has about 10 officers & they ware approving 60 to 70 cases a day recently.

Multiply 1680 * 2(two for NPC in Atlanta and Chicago and two for BEC which also has two centers).I should have mentioned the BEC which I read will also have two centers to help clearout the backlogs.

Hope that addes to our optimism...

gp111 said:

its 1680 cases per day..

sandeep0902 said:
Multiply 1680 * 2(two for NPC in Atlanta and Chicago and two for BEC which also has two centers).I should have mentioned the BEC which I read will also have two centers to help clearout the backlogs.

Hope that addes to our optimism...

NPC will not clear any backlogged case. 351000 will be BEC's responsibilities.

xyr888 said:
gp111 and others,

Do you think S.F. DOL is still processing the cases now and process 60 or 70 cases per day? If this is the case, I guess they should reach the cases on March 12 or 13? As a matter of fact, they're still processing the cases received on March 10 very slowly. My case is March 13, 2003. Do you think my case will be transferred to BEC or stay in S.F. DOL for process? If transferring all the cases after March 10 to BEC, the cases in March, 2003 will be postponed for several months (send letter, respond, start to work on...)

They are processing RIR cases received between Nov 2002 to 10, March 2003... & non RIR of Dec02-Jan03... Yes they are approving lots of cases daily, still a lot to clear in between ( remanded, 3 options, i425 issues etc)

m_chundi said:
Guys,
--murali
Can someone tell me what letters are we talking about? I have been hearing about these letters and responses since the talk of the BEC began.

Xfer of Non-RIR cases from SWA (California) to BEC

Hi,
The way I understand the new memo is, on Oct 1, 2004, all the oldest
cases from SF DOL office were Xferred to BEC. For the rest of October,
they will Xfer olders cases from other regions and states to the BEC.
So, does that mean, the non-RIR cases in the Californaia SWA will be
Xfered this month ? I called up the Cal. SWA office in Sacramento, and
they said that "they have not received instructions to start Xferring the
cases, and its business as usual".

Any one has any other information ?

-Bhadri

bhadrinath said:
Hi,
The way I understand the new memo is, on Oct 1, 2004, all the oldest
cases from SF DOL office were Xferred to BEC. For the rest of October,
they will Xfer olders cases from other regions and states to the BEC.
So, does that mean, the non-RIR cases in the Californaia SWA will be
Xfered this month ? I called up the Cal. SWA office in Sacramento, and
they said that "they have not received instructions to start Xferring the
cases, and its business as usual".

Any one has any other information ?

-Bhadri

Your answer is right there in your Question.

"all the oldest cases from SF DOL office were Xferred to BEC. For the rest of October, they will Xfer olders cases from other regions and states to the BEC"

They are starting with SF DOL & then other DOL (regions) will folllow... States (SWA/SESA) will come after that. That is why in SWA there is business as usual right now.