San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

· Processing Changes and Timelines: The current Regions and State Offices will be gradually phased out as follows:
o The State offices will cease to take a new permanent labor certification applications effective January 1, 2005 regardless of the PERM program.
o Until January 1, 2005, the State Offices will take new cases under the existing labor certification regulation.
o If the State Offices complete processing of certain cases and are ready for forwarding to the current Regional Offices for certification before the end of the year, they are required to forward the completed cases to the current Regional Certifying Officers as they did it in the past.
o If the State Offices opened the cases but were unable to complete processing of the opened cases by December 31, 2004, they are required to continue and complete processing of such cases and forward such cases for certification not to the Regional Certifying Officer but to one of the NPC in Chicago or Atlanta.
o If the State Offices have cases which were received but unopened or processed, such cases are required to be transferred to the BECs in Philadelphia and Dallas under the following schedules:
o 10/1/04: Large number of oldest cases will be transferred to the BEC from San Francisco.

Please see in Red. it looks that they will take care of our cases too.

GP111, please correct me in i am wrong.

Vivek

Last edited by a moderator:
Cala , xyr888

The memo talks about transfer of both Regional & State Offices. The process will be FIFO (First In First Out) means cases already in DOL will be processed first then the SWA.

vsaxena, will_get_there1

you are right.. SF, NY, TX & PHILY DOL will get the most benifits. they will be first in processing as they have the most backlog.

It seems to me ( as mentioned in Memo) SF DOL is already working on Transferring cases to BEC & that explains the slowdown , sticking on March 10th for almost a month now.

GP111,
This means now we should start a fresh math based on the Priority date (SESA filed date). The DOL received date will have no meaning.
Am I correct?
Thanks.

gp111 said:
Cala , xyr888

The memo talks about transfer of both Regional & State Offices. The process will be FIFO (First In First Out) means cases already in DOL will be processed first then the SWA.

vsaxena, will_get_there1

you are right.. SF, NY, TX & PHILY DOL will get the most benifits. they will be first in processing as they have the most backlog.

It seems to me ( as mentioned in Memo) SF DOL is already working on Transferring cases to BEC & that explains the slowdown , sticking on March 10th for almost a month now.

Some Updates

I just called my attorney that he said DOL will transfer the oldest cases (most of the oldest ones are non-RIR which have been in SWA for 4 or 5 years.) to BEC, the cases in regional offices which are close to the processing date ( e.g. March 10, 2003 in S.F. regional office) are most likely processed in S.F. office other than transferring to BEC now based on the notice from DOL.

gp111 said:
Cala , xyr888

vsaxena, will_get_there1

Let's think of contacting Rajiv about a possible litigation process. Does anyone in this forum have contacts with his office?If so, can he/she let us know what he would expect from the group in terms of :

1) Number of participants/signatures
2) Cost
3) Case #s
4) Waiting periods
5) Anything else

Looks like we have a consensus with respect to doing this process.Let's get the ball rolling.If anyone wants to step up to initiate the talks with Rajiv please inform, else I can take that charge.

Thanks!

GCwaiter001 said:
I would love to share the cost if it is feasible.

sarathynp said:
GP111,
This means now we should start a fresh math based on the Priority date (SESA filed date). The DOL received date will have no meaning.
Am I correct?
Thanks.

Not really..

As per Memo, they will process the Regional Cases first, so cases are in Regional should be process according to RD & when it comes to SWA, those with PD.

xyr888 said:
I just called my attorney that he said DOL will transfer the oldest cases (most of the oldest ones are non-RIR which have been in SWA for 4 or 5 years.) to BEC, the cases in regional offices which are close to the processing date ( e.g. March 10, 2003 in S.F. regional office) are most likely processed in S.F. office other than transferring to BEC now based on the notice from DOL.

They gonna process RIR & Non RIR in seperate Queues. Also Regional cases are the first ones going to BEC ..

I would assume they will send RIR cases of Apr 03 onwards & Non RIR of Jan 03 onwards to BEC for processing first.

Please advise (CA or TX)

I work in dallas- tx with well established company. I'm getting STATE
APPROVED labor (NON-RIR) from my company. and at the same time i have
offer from very well established company in california and they will be
filing my labor under RIR. My question 1. Should i stay here in dallas
and accept state approved (NON-RIR) labor? or start new labor(RIR) in
california from scratch.

If i accept NON-RIR approved labor in dallas.Will the regional clear in
2-3 yrs (the current regional processing dates are Mar 2000) HOW MUCH
TIME SHOULD I EXPECT FROM Dallas backlog center? Please advise.

Thanks in advance

I agree with gp111. This is absolutely a good news for us. The new rules are fair. Hope we really can benefit from the new rules.

gp111 said:
Cala , xyr888

vsaxena, will_get_there1

Yes you are right. They will start working on cases which are already in DOL first.
gp111 said:
Not really..

As per Memo, they will process the Regional Cases first, so cases are in Regional should be process according to RD & when it comes to SWA, those with PD.

jr1476 said:
I work in dallas- tx with well established company. I'm getting STATE
APPROVED labor (NON-RIR) from my company. and at the same time i have
offer from very well established company in california and they will be
filing my labor under RIR. My question 1. Should i stay here in dallas
and accept state approved (NON-RIR) labor? or start new labor(RIR) in
california from scratch.

If i accept NON-RIR approved labor in dallas.Will the regional clear in
2-3 yrs (the current regional processing dates are Mar 2000) HOW MUCH
TIME SHOULD I EXPECT FROM Dallas backlog center? Please advise.

Thanks in advance

It all depends on how good the offer is & where is the career growth..

If everything goes per plan, your Dallas non RIR may be approved within next year or two by Dallas BEC...

Also at the same time, California RIR will become faster as by next year it will be one step process (PERM is also a great possibility as per the recent memo).. so it may take anything between 3 weeks to 2 years.

take your pick

gp111 said:
Cala , xyr888

vsaxena, will_get_there1

I agree with you about the current slowdown at SF DOL. However, I did not understand a few things.

+ what's the definition of "backlogged cases"? Does the memorandum specify that? (I could not understand most of what was said in that memo.)
+ are the cutoff dates going to be different for RIR vs. non-RIR queues?
+ how does it affect us? e.g. my RD is 04/14/2003, what would happen in your opinion to my case?

gp111 said:
They gonna process RIR & Non RIR in seperate Queues. Also Regional cases are the first ones going to BEC ..

I would assume they will send RIR cases of Apr 03 onwards & Non RIR of Jan 03 onwards to BEC for processing first.
Hi gp111

Why April'03 onwards for RIR? Is it just a guess or did you read something in the memo to that effect?

+ what's the definition of "backlogged cases"? Does the memorandum specify that? (I could not understand most of what was said in that memo.)

---> Backlogged cases means cases at SWA/DOL waiting for their trun to be processed. Open cases means cases currently in Process. Memo says in first step SF DOL will transfer backlogged cases to BEC & countinue work on open cases.

---> what do you mean by cutoff dates ? all the cases (rir or not) will be transfferd to BEC & at BEC they will form National RIR & National non RIR queues to be processed seperately First in First Out.

+ how does it affect us? e.g. my RD is 04/14/2003, what would happen in your opinion to my case?[/QUOTE]

---- Not really sure but most likely will go to BEC & will be processed soon as in Phily BEC SF Dol cases will have the earliest RD compare to other regions.

HopeAlive said:
Hi gp111

Why April'03 onwards for RIR? Is it just a guess or did you read something in the memo to that effect?

They are processing March right now & memo says they will keep on processing Open Cases & transfer the remaining... Yes I guessed April, it may be March 11. 2003 onwards.

I guess the memo doesn't include many details that interest us the most. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

gp111, the "apr, 03" date is your wild guess, right? :)

HopeAlive said:
I agree with you about the current slowdown at SF DOL. However, I did not understand a few things.

+ how does it affect us? e.g. my RD is 04/14/2003, what would happen in your opinion to my case?

unclear said:
I guess the memo doesn't include many details that interest us the most. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

gp111, the "apr, 03" date is your wild guess, right? :)

yes its guess, it can be as early as March 11th

gp111 said:

---> Backlogged cases means cases at SWA/DOL waiting for their trun to be processed. Open cases means cases currently in Process. Memo says in first step SF DOL will transfer backlogged cases to BEC & countinue work on open cases.

---> what do you mean by cutoff dates ? all the cases (rir or not) will be transfferd to BEC & at BEC they will form National RIR & National non RIR queues to be processed seperately First in First Out.

---- Not really sure but most likely will go to BEC & will be processed soon as in Phily BEC SF Dol cases will have the earliest RD compare to other regions.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, gp. I thought they opened two BECs - one in Phily and one in Dallas. There will be one RIR national queue and one non-RIR national queue and both centers will pick up cases from these central queues. So, we don't really know which center will process our cases, is that correct?

Also, once SF DOL finishes with the "open" cases, is it expected to go back to these central queues? What will it do next?

the memo says that a first shipement in october will be from states with the oldest backlog. as an example, i'm in washington state that is one of the slowest states , they r still processing sep 2002 as of now for RIR, but my PD is april 2004. so do u expect that the whole queue of rir in washinfgton state will be moved to BEC (including my case) in october ,or just the earliest cases (let's say from sep 2002 to sep 2003 ,as an example) ?

regards,

Last edited by a moderator: