San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

Hello folks,
I have been a reader of this forum for a long time and really appreciate the kind of information being posted here. Good Work ! Now, I have a question .. here's my situation:

i am currently working for Company A. Company A filed for my Labor under RIR and is currently in Federal. It would probably take them another couple of months to process my case. Based on pending labor for more than 1 year, i recently got my 7th year H1B extension through Company A. however, my company is not doing good and there are imminent layoffs plus i came to know that my position is affected. Luckily my friends company (company B) is willing to do my 140/485 using pre-approved labor without even joining the company. They are not hiring but just happen to have an approved labor. Now, if i get an offer from Company C, can i join Company C by transferring my 7th year extension from Company A to Company C meanwhile pursuing Company B's 140/485?

Any advice in this matter would be greatly helpful. Thanks !

CS1975 said:
Hello folks,
I have been a reader of this forum for a long time and really appreciate the kind of information being posted here. Good Work ! Now, I have a question .. here's my situation:

i am currently working for Company A. Company A filed for my Labor under RIR and is currently in Federal. It would probably take them another couple of months to process my case. Based on pending labor for more than 1 year, i recently got my 7th year H1B extension through Company A. however, my company is not doing good and there are imminent layoffs plus i came to know that my position is affected. Luckily my friends company (company B) is willing to do my 140/485 using pre-approved labor without even joining the company. They are not hiring but just happen to have an approved labor. Now, if i get an offer from Company C, can i join Company C by transferring my 7th year extension from Company A to Company C meanwhile pursuing Company B's 140/485?

Any advice in this matter would be greatly helpful. Thanks !

Yes you can surely do that. File I-140/485 asap. so even if you current company (A) withdraw the LC application you can get extension for 8th year on basis of pending I-140. or atleast continue work with C on EAD.

Good Luck.

gp111 said:
Yes you can surely do that. File I-140/485 asap. so even if you current company (A) withdraw the LC application you can get extension for 8th year on basis of pending I-140. or atleast continue work with C on EAD.

Good Luck.
Thanks GP111. That really helps !

gp111 said:

Good Luck.
still 10 th ????????

nogcnolife said:
I saw so many people frustrated about the processing speed of SF DOL. Is there anybody who will stand up to lead and speak for us?

Who in this board is in touch with Rajiv? Please ask him to help! I'd like to share $100.00. I believe thousands of you would do the same.

I feel like we're in the silence of lambs. Really angry right now.
Yes this sounds like a good idea if it will work. I am ready to join in . This is really frustrating to wait not knowing what will happen.

Oct-15th Certifications

Some certifications for Oct-15th

Based on last week, it looks now the leading edge of case progress is averaging around 10-15 cases per day

will the next few months be faster ...

These are the number of cases on a monthly basis ...
Jan 2003 ::1719
Feb 2003 ::1460
Mar 2003 ::1419
Apr 2003 ::1075
May 2003 ::1310
Jun 2003 ::1272
Jul 2003 ::1194

do you guys think apr/may/jun/jul will be relatively faster?

how many more cases to go for mar-10?

Pareshan4GC said:
These are the number of cases on a monthly basis ...
Jan 2003 ::1719
Feb 2003 ::1460
Mar 2003 ::1419
Apr 2003 ::1075
May 2003 ::1310
Jun 2003 ::1272
Jul 2003 ::1194

do you guys think apr/may/jun/jul will be relatively faster?

how many more cases to go for mar-10?

It has been stuck on March 10th since Sept 24th !

gp111 said:
It has been stuck on March 10th since Sept 24th !

Is it possible they just didn't update the AVM? My RD is about three months away from what they finished. I am so tired of this waiting. I am in the third year.

Anything we can do like threaten to sue or something? The green card people got aid from Rajiv, we can't do the same?

runaway73 said:
Is it possible they just didn't update the AVM? My RD is about three months away from what they finished. I am so tired of this waiting. I am in the third year.

Anything we can do like threaten to sue or something? The green card people got aid from Rajiv, we can't do the same?

I do not think that AVM is not getting updated as there are new cases certified each day .. very un-likely possibility may be - AVM is only getting partially updated, more realistically I think they have moved some resources to other stuff temporarily.

pre-approved labor

Hi all,
My company finally found and agreed to use a pre-approved labor for me !!! . :)
After 2 yrs + 2 months ... I finally have some hope.... I would like to thank everyone in this thread for their support and patience.
Also, I want to wish all of you the very best of luck in your respective labor processes...

PS: If anyone could post the list of documents that I need to get for the next stages... I will be extremely gratefull.

Some details about me:
=================
Large Bay area Company.
Computer Hardware eng.
Qual: MS+0 yrs.

runaway73 said:

Unfortunately I don't think they are not updating the AVM. It is more like they have just slowed down.
It is possible that they have taken an internal decision not to process any further dates till presedential elections are over to see if there are any policy changes.

My RD is Aug end and this is my 3rd year waiting for LC. I'm sick of waiting for LC.

Dot Code ?

What is DOT CODE ?

jnathan said:
Unfortunately I don't think they are not updating the AVM. It is more like they have just slowed down.
It is possible that they have taken an internal decision not to process any further dates till presedential elections are over to see if there are any policy changes.

My RD is Aug end and this is my 3rd year waiting for LC. I'm sick of waiting for LC.

jnathan said:

or may be the resources are busy in the election process. Anybody know from where does the resources come that man the polling both etc (like in India they are usually re-assigned from various Govt. depts) ??

solaris_7874 said:
Hi all,
My company finally found and agreed to use a pre-approved labor for me !!! . :)
After 2 yrs + 2 months ... I finally have some hope.... I would like to thank everyone in this thread for their support and patience.
Also, I want to wish all of you the very best of luck in your respective labor processes...

PS: If anyone could post the list of documents that I need to get for the next stages... I will be extremely gratefull.

Some details about me:
=================
Large Bay area Company.
Computer Hardware eng.
Qual: MS+0 yrs.
Hi Solaris,
Congrats on getting an preapproved labor. I noticed you have MS + 0 yrs experience and i also fall in the same category. Can i presume that you expected the 3 ltr option when you went looking for preapp labor or did you get and retest the market. Would appreciate if you give me more details.

Thanks

Labor approved after being auto-remanded to state

My case was one of those that was auto-remanded to state sometime in 2003. I'm glad to say that it was approved on 10/18 after what can only be described as a long and tortuous journey.

As far as I know, my laywers did not take any pro-active steps. However, they were fairly confident my case would be approved and it was "just" a matter of time!

Details of my case:

Mid-sized company in the bay-area with some layoffs way back in 2002.
My labor was filed as a MS+0 (I had MS+1.5 yr exp) for a software engineer posn. Don't know the DOT code but I'm sure it's one of the common ones.

08/08/2001 RIR filed with SESA
08/31/2001 Received Acknowledgment Notice from SESA
07/23/2002 Received Transmittal Notice of RIR to DOL
06/06/2003 RIR remanded to traditional labor certification
03/12/2004 RIR remanded back to DOL from state
07/23/2004 Received NOF from DOL
09/14/2004 Response to Request for Evidence/NOF submitted to DOL
10/18/2004 Received RIR Approval Notice

P.S. This board has often been a source of succor when all hope has been lost. Kudos to all the ppl who have helped provide this.

what is auto-remand?

What is auto-remand? what should we have to do for that? my application has same month but i did not recieved anything?

ukridge_75 said:
My case was one of those that was auto-remanded to state sometime in 2003. I'm glad to say that it was approved on 10/18 after what can only be described as a long and tortuous journey.

As far as I know, my laywers did not take any pro-active steps. However, they were fairly confident my case would be approved and it was "just" a matter of time!

Details of my case:

Mid-sized company in the bay-area with some layoffs way back in 2002.
My labor was filed as a MS+0 (I had MS+1.5 yr exp) for a software engineer posn. Don't know the DOT code but I'm sure it's one of the common ones.

08/08/2001 RIR filed with SESA
08/31/2001 Received Acknowledgment Notice from SESA
07/23/2002 Received Transmittal Notice of RIR to DOL
06/06/2003 RIR remanded to traditional labor certification
03/12/2004 RIR remanded back to DOL from state
07/23/2004 Received NOF from DOL
09/14/2004 Response to Request for Evidence/NOF submitted to DOL
10/18/2004 Received RIR Approval Notice

P.S. This board has often been a source of succor when all hope has been lost. Kudos to all the ppl who have helped provide this.
:mad: :(

Email to Rajiv Khanna regarding SFO-DOL slowdown

To: nogcnolife, ravi kiran and all others in the form

First, I want to thank gp111 for the incredible service he is providing to the group.

I have been a silent reader of this forum for 2 yrs+ and like the many of you, suffering slowly and silently but for sure suffering.

We need to wake up and do something. I remember a similar effort in this group a while back that was initiated by...Ash123 (i could be wrong)....I dont know what happened to that. If that was not successful we need to make sure that we redirect our efforts so this one is a success.

I agree with sending a email to Rajiv Khanna for his legal advice on this matter. If nogcnolife has already sent the email and has received a response I would like him to share that with the grp. If not we should spend some time and collect our thoughts and discuss with Rajiv. To that end, I am willing to spend $100 and put in needed time to write documents and research any facts.

Let us get ourselves motivated AGAIN as difficult as it might seem !

Arise Awake and Stop not till the goal is reached.

buckleup1