San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

Which date is DOL currently procesing?.Does anyone know if it is done processing cases with RD of March 7 coz they have already begun approving cases with RD of Mar10

Corollary...

With reference to the BS+5 issue...will a requirement of BS+6 years of experience (in the ETA-750) put the case as EB2 or EB3?

gp111, what is your take on this?

vsaxena said:
I found the folllowing from immigration-law site

If the employer required a bachelor's degree or equivalent plus 5 years of progressive experience as an alternative to a master's degree requirement,
Secondly, assuming that he/she is able to establish that he/she attained a 4-year bachelor's degree, the next threshold is to prove the "5-year progressive experience." Again the AAO decision requires that the experience must have been gained "after" attaining a bachelor's degree. Accordingly, any experience which was gained prior to attaining a bachelor's degree cannot satisfy the "5 year progressive experience" requirement.

thanks

Certified

at last i heard the sweet 'certified' today.
Here are my case details:
PD: Oct 2003
RD: 9-MAR-2004
Certified Date: 24-SEP-04
Filed from AZ
Dot code now on AVM is different then what it was before. When the status was rcvd, the dot code was 999.151-031 and now it is 030.062-010. I dont know what this new dot code means.
--
Anyway guys i waited for about 5 years for LS. The one going in CA is still recd.
--
Can anybody answer my confusion.
My company offices are in CA and AZ. I am working in CA and was supposed to move to AZ. Will it be safe if i stay in CA and use this AZ certification? Please shed some light on this.
--

waitinginlimbo1 said:
Are the AVM statuses updated only at the end of the day or something?.Also what does the AVM say when they are about to send a 3 option letter to the lawyers??.Can anyone answer these questions?.Thanks

"Received".

6 year H1B term

Hi Guys,
If anybody knows if the 6 year H1B term starts with the first H1B stamping or does it include previous B1/F1/H4 stampings too? For examaple, if I have come on B1 for 6 months, then went back to India and came again on H1B. Now when does my 6 year term complete? After 5.5 years or after 6 years on H1B? Anyway, I got the approved H1B beyond 5.5 years, but 2 months short of 6 years on H1B.

RD: 8/24/04

thanks
ybnyk

Question

I posted this question before but no one replied.

Gurus, can you please tell me, How much time it takes for a 3-option letter to reach Attorney/company? I am not sure if DOL issues it immediately on the case processing day or it takes a while. My case RD is Feb 26, 2003 and still the status is "received".

Thanks in advance.

What dates is DOL processing now??

Any idea, what date cases DOL is processing now?.The AVM is screwed up and pauses for long minutes in between cases.Also no cases with DOT 031 from CA with RD of Mar 7 have been certified yet.Any ideas if DOL is done with Mar 7??

My Attorney recived the 3 option letter almost at the same time they were processing the cases recived on my PD date which was JAN 21 2003. We recived that letter on JUNE 24 2004.

good luck.
Praveen

get_gc04 said:
I posted this question before but no one replied.

Gurus, can you please tell me, How much time it takes for a 3-option letter to reach Attorney/company? I am not sure if DOL issues it immediately on the case processing day or it takes a while. My case RD is Feb 26, 2003 and still the status is "received".

Thanks in advance.

waitinginlimbo1 said:
Any idea, what date cases DOL is processing now?.The AVM is screwed up and pauses for long minutes in between cases.Also no cases with DOT 031 from CA with RD of Mar 7 have been certified yet.Any ideas if DOL is done with Mar 7??

I think March 10th 2003, they will remain on 10th for some time as it has around 230 cases.

gc_baba said:
My Attorney recived the 3 option letter almost at the same time they were processing the cases recived on my PD date which was JAN 21 2003. We recived that letter on JUNE 24 2004.

good luck.
Praveen

Thanks Praveen. Do you know any direct phone number (Not AVM) for SFO DOL where I can call to find out the status of my case? The company is not giving out any info about the current status or 3-option letter. They keep saying that they didn't receive any correspondence from DOL about my case. Don't know what's going on there. :(

Thanks

get_gc04

ybnyk said:
Hi Guys,
If anybody knows if the 6 year H1B term starts with the first H1B stamping or does it include previous B1/F1/H4 stampings too? For examaple, if I have come on B1 for 6 months, then went back to India and came again on H1B. Now when does my 6 year term complete? After 5.5 years or after 6 years on H1B? Anyway, I got the approved H1B beyond 5.5 years, but 2 months short of 6 years on H1B.

thanks
ybnyk

H1/H4 is for 6 years from the Date you arrived in US.

ybnyk said:
Hi Guys,

thanks
ybnyk

H1 starts from the day you entered this country on H1 visa

The Bottom line is you can remain in H1/h4 category for cumulative of 6 years only.
If you are out of country for contineously more than 1 yr than it can restart with new 6 yrs period.

Folks correct me if i am wrong

mnhrdc
Rd 5/2003

alvin said:
Thanks for the prompt reply,

one more question: What is your lawyer saying about your EB catogery ? is it EB2 or EB3 ?

You might get into the Pilot if you file as EB2.
Does your ETA750A or LC Ad say that the Experience required is after BS.

Thanks

EB2 Pilot project is (was) for California State Filing only.. & as I understand its already over.

Sorry, I do not have any phone numbers. Just wait little more and may be you will hear the good news soon.

thanks
Praveen

get_gc04 said:
Thanks Praveen. Do you know any direct phone number (Not AVM) for SFO DOL where I can call to find out the status of my case? The company is not giving out any info about the current status or 3-option letter. They keep saying that they didn't receive any correspondence from DOL about my case. Don't know what's going on there. :(

Thanks

get_gc04

It counts from the day when u first enter into the country with H1.My case was exactly similar to ur example ... I was in b1 for around 6 months and then went back home and then came back later. Mine counted from the day when I entered in this country.

ybnyk said:
Hi Guys,

thanks
ybnyk

alvin said:
Thanks, I didn't realize that this case was filed from AZ. thanks for the correction.

BTW, How do you know that, California Pilot program is over ?

Yea, is the Pilot Program really over? My hopes were pinned on that program :confused:

pagla said:
It counts from the day when u first enter into the country with H1.My case was exactly similar to ur example ... I was in b1 for around 6 months and then went back home and then came back later. Mine counted from the day when I entered in this country.

Hi, Thanks for all the replies.
Hi Pagla, can you please clarify about your case. In the first sentence you said 6 yr period will be starting from the first day of H1B and in the last sentence you said, for you, it counted from the day when you entered this country. Do you mean the period started with your H1B entry to USA or B1?
thanks
ybnyk

H1/H4 period starts on the day you arrive in the US on the H1/H4 visa. It can run up to 6 years. If you have had significant and meaningful breaks in your stay in the US, you can get credit for it.

I had 4 months of overseas vacation and business visits. My lawyer had that term added to my H1B time limit.

How do you guys get detailed information on how many cases have been filed per day etc? I don't think the AVM provides those options.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: