San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

Details about 3 option letter

zdf31 said:
I don't worry about the re-test, the result is fine (MS+0), but DOL may not accept the company change, since it's not a whole company merge, only a department.

ZDF31,

Could you share some details about your 3 option letter, like why DOL can not certify your case at this time and release 3 option letter?

Thanks.

wassup said:
Hi all, just learnt from my lawyer that he did receive the 3-option letter and has responded to it last week. Any idea on how much time DOL usually takes to respond to these?

As far as I know, the responding time ranges from 2 weeks to 2 months. Did you re-test market? What are edu/exp on Form 750A?

Good Luck.

Labor approved finally after 2yrs 9months !!!

Hi All,

First I like to thank all the special people who invested their time and energy in creating this thread. I COULD NOT FIND A BETTER INFO SOURCE THAN THIS. This is the BEST.

Finally I received an email from my attorney on 10/01/2004 saying that my Labor got certified. The AVM was updated on 10/05/2004 confirming the good news. :)

RD : 02/18/2003
DOT: 999.151-031
Employer : Large Bay Area software company
Certified : 09/29/2004

Good luck to all of you waiting for approval.

-lrk

lrk said:
Hi All,

First I like to thank all the special people who invested their time and energy in creating this thread. I COULD NOT FIND A BETTER INFO SOURCE THAN THIS. This is the BEST.

Finally I received an email from my attorney on 10/01/2004 saying that my Labor got certified. The AVM was updated on 10/05/2004 confirming the good news. :)

RD : 02/18/2003
DOT: 999.151-031
Employer : Large Bay Area software company
Certified : 09/29/2004

Good luck to all of you waiting for approval.

-lrk

CONGRATULATION... Enjoy your Freedom from DOL (Open a Cold one !)
Good luck for next stages.

SpaceShipOne for BullockCartOne

When my Labor went to the DOL in May, The difference between the current processing date and that day was 500 days. Today they are processing March 10, 2003, which puts the difference to 577 days. So in 150 days they only processed 80 days of input load. God bless America.

Reagan's death gave the DOL 14 days holiday. Let's pray that another President doesn't pop on us in middle of the approaching holiday season.

This news is from Phily DOL Thread posted by Tomshu

The latest Information received from Phil DOL - Backlog Elimination Center

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi GUYs,

I opened my hotline again this afternoon but with different number.
Here are the summary:
1/. The Phil DOL office just moved, they are packing/unpacking stuff.
2/. The Backlog Reduction Center has not sent letters out yet.
3/. The BRC new hires are in the process of inputing data to the computer system.
4/. After that they have to be trained for some time.
5/. When everything are ready, the BRC will start to send the confirmation letters.
6/. Once the BRC is moving, it's going to be fast, by next Janunary, we should be able to see a lot of approval cases.
7/. San Fransisco has sent about 10000 cases to Phil BRC to process, but Phil cases will be processed first.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last point certainly makes sense. How can CA SESA go from 6/03 to 1/04 in a matter of just 3-3 1/2 months ? What do you guys think ?

basss said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi GUYs,

Here are the summary:
3/. The BRC new hires are in the process of inputing data to the computer system.
5/. When everything are ready, the BRC will start to send the confirmation letters.
6/. Once the BRC is moving, it's going to be fast, by next Janunary, we should be able to see a lot of approval cases.
7/. San Fransisco has sent about 10000 cases to Phil BRC to process, but Phil cases will be processed first.

basss said:

Hi GUYs,

Here are the summary:

Thanks for the info. The last point is really encouraging. Do you know if they transfer cases which are still in SESA or the cases which are in DOL or both?
thx
ybnyk

vasu_c said:
The last point certainly makes sense. How can CA SESA go from 6/03 to 1/04 in a matter of just 3-3 1/2 months ? What do you guys think ?
I don't think so. CA SESA, may have received fewer RIR petetions during that period. The recent slow down at SFDOL suggests, they may have been traferred from SFDOL.
--murali

vasu_c said:

Hi Vasu_C
I don't think they sent the SESA applications directly to BEC. For example my case has PD of Oct 06, 2003 in SESA and RD of Aug16, 2004 in Regional DOL and i heard my case number in AVM in just 3 weeks after my case transferred to Regional office.
I think they might have send the Regional office applications (my guess).

basss said:
Hi Vasu_C
I don't think they sent the SESA applications directly to BEC. For example my case has PD of Oct 06, 2003 in SESA and RD of Aug16, 2004 in Regional DOL and i heard my case number in AVM in just 3 weeks after my case transferred to Regional office.
I think they might have send the Regional office applications (my guess).

Hi Bass or anyone,
Is there a way to listen to AVM in a reverse chronological order of the cases?I tried to call the AVM few days back, it started with all old cases (from
1999) for my company. Actually my case has been transfered to DOL on Aug
24, 2004. I wanted to find out my case number. The attorney and the HR
did not respond to my querry. How to find out the lastest cases for my
company?
thx
ybnyk

vasu_c said:

If it means what it says (SAN FRANCISCO) then its DOL who sent the cases to BEC Phily other wise it should say Califronia SWA or Sacremento !

Lets hope its DOL !

I don't think there is a way of searching chronologically. If you do it the hard way, its going to be bad only the first time, when you'll have to skip a series of dates...
I had the same problem, but after a while you just know the number of cases that you need to skip to get to your case number (which you can find out from an approx. date received at the DoL)..

Hope this helps...

ybnyk said:
Hi Bass or anyone,
Is there a way to listen to AVM in a reverse chronological order of the cases?I tried to call the AVM few days back, it started with all old cases (from
company?
thx
ybnyk

I would assume it is the SF DoL cases, as the SWA has more local authority and control. Also I thought the BRC was only for regional level case processing and not state employment cases.
Correct me if I am wrong on that...

All this assuming the posting was accurate... (which I reaaaaaally hope is the case!)

gp111 said:
If it means what it says (SAN FRANCISCO) then its DOL who sent the cases to BEC Phily other wise it should say Califronia SWA or Sacremento !

Lets hope its DOL !

Post 3-option letter

I think it was BS+1yr. The lawyer told me that you don't always have to re-advertise for a "retest". In my case they told me that they sent the co's last six mo's hiring to prove that they made "good faith" efforts to hire Americans.

xyr888 said:
As far as I know, the responding time ranges from 2 weeks to 2 months. Did you re-test market? What are edu/exp on Form 750A?

Good Luck.

What are the details of your 3 option letter

wassup said:
I think it was BS+1yr. The lawyer told me that you don't always have to re-advertise for a "retest". In my case they told me that they sent the co's last six mo's hiring to prove that they made "good faith" efforts to hire Americans.

wassup,

Normally the 3 option letter has the following options:
1. Withdraw your case
2. Remand to state
3. re-test market

What is your 3 option letter about? Is yours different from one above?

SFDoLRd_082003 said:
I don't think there is a way of searching chronologically. If you do it the hard way, its going to be bad only the first time, when you'll have to skip a series of dates...
I had the same problem, but after a while you just know the number of cases that you need to skip to get to your case number (which you can find out from an approx. date received at the DoL)..

Hope this helps...

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try it again.
ybnyk

Could anyone help me to find the meaning of the code 095-92049. I could not locate it on site.

Many thanks!

gp111 said:
IHY,

1. Are cases processed based on RD, case number, or DOT code?

---- RD

2. Is case number sequential, for example, current new case number is assigned 09594xxx, and currently processed certified number is 09551xxx, does that mean there are over 23000 cases between?

---- NO they are not sequential. On an average DOL received 1300 California RIR cases per month , so do your math.

3. What is DOT code formatted? My code is 999.151-081, what does that mean?

check http://www.bls.gov/soc/soc_majo.htm
ignore 999 & look for 15-1081
(15-1081 Network Systems and Data Communications Analysts)

Hope this helps

ybnyk said:
Hi Bass or anyone,
company?
thx
ybnyk
Did you try flcdatacenter ?