San Diego, California Tracker (CSC)

In order to close the loop, I thought I would post that I am now, and finally, a US citizen. My oath ceremony out in Imperial last Friday was fairly quick and painless, just me and 34 Mexicans :) I think the Director was excited to have a non-Mexican in the group, though he did tell me there had been a Russian in the morning ceremony.

The ceremony was a little irritating, the speeches were very heavily focussed on how Hispanics are doing their part for the country, and everyone but me had been to the same citizenship class - they had us say the oath of allegiance and I was the only one who didn't know it. Even more embarrassing when clearly several of my fellow citizens could speak no more English than was required for the test.

Anyway, it feels good to be finally through with the process. I'll keep checking in to the board to see how you are all doing; I feel your pain in the agony of waiting. Good luck to all!

In order to close the loop, I thought I would post that I am now, and finally, a US citizen. My oath ceremony out in Imperial last Friday was fairly quick and painless, just me and 34 Mexicans :) I think the Director was excited to have a non-Mexican in the group, though he did tell me there had been a Russian in the morning ceremony.

The ceremony was a little irritating, the speeches were very heavily focussed on how Hispanics are doing their part for the country, and everyone but me had been to the same citizenship class - they had us say the oath of allegiance and I was the only one who didn't know it. Even more embarrassing when clearly several of my fellow citizens could speak no more English than was required for the test.

Anyway, it feels good to be finally through with the process. I'll keep checking in to the board to see how you are all doing; I feel your pain in the agony of waiting. Good luck to all!

Congratulations!! At least they didn't make you recite the pledge of elegance in Spanish :D

Congratulations:D
Bobsmyth it is almost your turn, you are an old applier (not age wise) been into this process longer than others just to get your FP?
Come on do something for your case.

Congratulations:D
Bobsmyth it is almost your turn, you are an old applier (not age wise) been into this process longer than others just to get your FP?
Come on do something for your case.

No big worries for me. Sure, I want to get the whole thing over with as it's annoying not to know when it will happen, but I'm not dependent on getting naturalized asap. I can't say the same for people who are waiting for citizenship to sponsor family members or are waiting for their wife to join them. I can imagine how difficult that must be and the strain is brings on a relationship to live your life in limbo.

No big worries for me. Sure, I want to get the whole thing over with as it's annoying not to know when it will happen, but I'm not dependent on getting naturalized asap. I can't say the same for people who are waiting for citizenship to sponsor family members or are waiting for their wife to join them. I can imagine how difficult that must be and the strain is brings on a relationship to live your life in limbo.

Since you mentioned it, it just makes me sick thinking about all these waiting not only for myself but for others to wait. I hope sooner they figure out some alternative way to process these case faster.

USCIS: since we couldn't resolve the cost issue for each applicant and an unexpected situatuion which rushed a lot of people to apply, we are going to milk you guys a little bit more for 50% fee increase again.
You guys are good and paying your taxes and all than, might as well pay little more. Just a little.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Unbelievable - I am a citizen for one week and I am already called to jury duty. Word is they are looking for a panel for a 3-month trial, no way can I afford that much time off work.

Merry Christmas all, and wishing you a citizenry new year!

You are the second one in this situation. Probably they want ot make sure that you will really serve the society as a new Citizen.
Happy holiday to you and thanks for your wishes.

San Diego N-400 activity

I don't see much activity in this thread. Is this the right thread?

I just got an interview invite and wanted to check how the interview activity / experience in San Diego is.

My details:
Application Date - Jan 9, 2008
Finger print - Jan 31, 2008
Interview Letter - April 29, 2008
Interview Date - June 16, 2008

anybody interviewing in the next few weeks?

Feliz-LA, You are the one of the good active members of this forum. Thanks for updateing and takeing care of everything.

BTW, do you mind if you babysit for couple of days. :D

Im just kidding....

Since Feliz-LA turned back this thread alive I should let people in San Diego know that there is an Oath Schduled for 25th of this mounth(JUNE)

Base on DO comments on my question, every 2X (twenty X) of each months there is one (Once a month).

Feliz-LA, You are the one of the good active members of this forum. Thanks for updateing and takeing care of everything.

BTW, do you mind if you babysit for couple of days. :D

Im just kidding....

thank you :), but I am afraid I am just super-mad at USCIS's mega-inefficiency :mad: and trying to "manage anger" by maintaining some sort of logic where I can.

BTW - answering your question - I actually like to babysit and good at it, especially toddlers (and I need $), so anybody in South OC/South Bay (if reading this) needs babysitter - can PM me.

Hello san diego

Hello I'm new, I mailed my N-400 yesterday i'm excited!

I've been trying to find real processing times for San Diego, the USCIS says today on their website it would take 8 months for N-400 processing (it said 10 months until yesterday so that's good). Anyone filed around july-august 2008 ? I need to be out of state in november for a week i want to be sure i won't miss anything!

Thanks!

Mattr.

Hi all,

I am new here. Does any one know what's the normal timeline for San Diego resident?

I've been stuck in the Name Check for more than 3 months already. Is it normal? I saw others in LA are moving much faster.

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot!

i-SpY

Last edited by a moderator: