San Antonio TX - N-400 Timeline

DrMcCormac,

You mentioned that you had your fingerprints taken a second time. Have you received an interview call yet?

Thanks.

ctzn

oath

has anyone received an oath letter recently? I am still to get mine. was interviewed on jan 21st.

Hi guys - new member here.

I have been following ths site for the last month or so and am familiar with CroATM, arramamo, etc. - sounds like you all are very involved. I am in the same boat as you - interview completed, waiting for oath. I do have a few questions though:

First our timeline:
Mine:
PD: Aug/4/2006
FP: Aug/22/2006
Interview: Feb/28/2007
Oath: ??

Wife:
PD: Aug/4/2006
FP: Aug/22/2006
Interview: Feb/6/2007
Oath: ??

We both passed our interviews and the officer in both cases on the N-652 checked both boxes:
(1) "you have passed the English, history..... etc."
(2) "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time it appears that you have established you eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted...."

The questions I have are:

1) Does this mean that the case is approved and we are just waiting for oath or do they still have to go through some more checking? The reasons being that the words "appears", "recommended" and "If" indicate that the process is not complete. Also, when I talked to the officer at the end of the interview, she said (mumbled) that some cases (or maybe all) go to a supervisor to get double checked after a successful interview...

2) The fact that we passed the interview sucessfully, does it mean that the FBI background checks are complete? I know that in previous years they scheduled interviews before completion of background checks, but since mid 2006, due to lawsuits, the USCIS changed the process to only schedule interviews after background checks are complete. Is that true?

3) Who all on this forum are in the same boat as me? Handles?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
mario123,

you are all set and just need to go thru oath. it's just semantics...

I got my oath letter today..March 23rd in san antonio..happy and releived!

here is my timeline

PD: Oct 12th, 2006
FP: Oct 21st, 2006
Interview: Jan 21st, 2007
Oath: March 23rd, 2007..

took almost 5.5 months....

Congratulations aramamo!

so are you saying that your N-652 also has the same wording where it says "Congratulations..."?

So your interview date was only 3 months after FP? Mine and my wife's took almost 6 months it looks like.....

Do you know when the next oath will be or where I can find that info? Looks like my wife and me won't make the 3/23/2007 date.

yes..i had the same language and wording in my N-652..standard stuff. they have an oath every month. My guess is yours will be in April or May....I am anot aware of a place that lists oath dates...is typically taking 2-3 months for most folks after interview...

These days they call for interview only after background checks are done. Once you are congratulated on N-652, it almost always means you are going to be getting your oath letter soon.

Mario,

Your timeline and mine are very similar. I went to interview on Feb 7th. Where are you from - Austin or San Antonio?

Mario,

Your timeline and mine are very similar. I went to interview on Feb 7th. Where are you from - Austin or San Antonio?

Austin.

What about you?

What do you know about the oath dates, place, etc. Will they have it in SA or Austin? I am really hoping my wife and I have it at the same time. Here interview was on 2/6 and mine on 2/28. Also, can you take a look at my first post above on 3/2/2007 and give me some input on the 3 questions I had?

Here is the timeline for my wife:

Application sent: Dec 1, 2006
Prirority Date: Dec 5, 2006
Fingerprint Date: Dec 27, 2006
Interview Date: March 12, 2007

The person who interviewed her told her that there is a big Oath ceremony coming up in Austin on May 11th. She could be part of that ceremony.

My timeline:

Application sent: Dec 1, 2006
Prirority Date: Dec 5, 2006
Fingerprint Date: Dec 27, 2006
Infopass on January 19th: Fingerprint returned as "unclassifiable"
Went to ASC on February 7th for a walk-in second fingerprint. After some pleading, they let me have it taken.
Infopass on March 1st: Second fingerprint also returned as "unclassifiable"
Letter received on March 2nd: To bring a background police report from Austin Police Department for my interview.
Police report collected from APD: March 7th, 2007
Interview Date: April 9th, 2007 (According to the IIO who interviewed my wife)

question

ctzn

I assume your wife passed and got the "Congratulations! Your appl. has been approved...." check box checked.

So, are they only scheduling Austin people for Austin ceremonies? I heard that it could be in SA or Austin.... I think I remember my IO telling me that too.......confusing!! Does your wife know more?

Also, can you take a look at this thread and ask your wife whether she signed a similar certificate-like doc at interview?
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=242946

Good morning,

After reading all the threads on this forum, I thought that my timeline was not exceptional. Now I am beginning to think that I am WAY overdue for an interview letter. Any comments? Thanks for any advice.

Regional office: Mesquite, Texas
Local office: San Antonio, Texas

• 28th July 06: N-400 application mailed
• 7th August 06: Resubmitted with correct check (first check based on incorrect data on USCIS web site)
• 9th August 06: Check cashed
• 14th August 06: USCIS acknowledgement with application number (17 days from first application)
• 15th August 06: Fingerprint (FP) notification (only one day from acknowledgement; missed FP date due to absence from town
• 31st August 06: Request to reschedule FP
• 5th September 06: Proactive visit to the FP office as a “walk-in” (17 days from original notice)

rwsh - wow! your timeline (at least the initial part befor interview) is identical to mine and my wife's.

Well, you had a couple of events (wrong check, missed FP) that definitely impacted your timeline and as much as I hate to say it - both were your fault (I'm sure you already know that):)

Wife & I both had our interviews approx. 5 1/2 months after FP (see my timeline above in post #303 on this thread) and both passed with "Congratulations", except that I was asked for A LOT more documentation. Luckily I had it all with me :)

Looks like you are right into your 6th month post FP, so you should expect an IL soon - within the next few days or 2 weeks. If not, then start your info passes. Also keep in touch with these threads since there are a few Austin folks here. The "tracker" part of this forum seems to be useless since no one is updating it (only 6 people from TSC??!! yeah right)

Good luck!

Thanks mario123. In a few weeks from now, the USCIS site will be showing that they are "now processing" N-400 applications within my timeframe (whatever that means ... probably not much).

At that time I shall initiate this action plan as on the post below and will report back to the forum.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=240050

The USCIS "now processing" stuff is about as inaccurate as can be. Right now they show that they are processing cases with a receipt notice of July 20! Yeah right. My receipt notice is Aug 20th. Strange...... Also the case status online never changes. Mine has been the same for the last 6 months.

Mario123,

I feel that the Austin ceremony would be only for those in and around Austin. Given that they have a ceremony every month in San Antonio, I can't see why they would make a San Antonio person drive all the way up to Austin.

My wife got the N652 Naturalization Interview Results sheet with "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval" checked.

My wife says she was made to sign the naturalization certificate and check that her name was spellt correctly. I guess a Director would later sign the same certificate.

Mario123,
I feel that the Austin ceremony would be only for those in and around Austin. Given that they have a ceremony every month in San Antonio, I can't see why they would make a San Antonio person drive all the way up to Austin.

You mean "I can't see why they would make an Austin person drive all the way up to San Antonio"? - because I can't see why they'd ask SA people to come to Austin since it looks like ceremonies are held a lot more in San Antonio than in Austin. I think Austin only has 1-2 ceremonies a yr. I could be wrong but I'm sure I heard that in a couple of places.

Are you sure that SA has a ceremony every month? Check out this earlier post on this thread...
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1621081&postcount=304

Mario123,
...My wife says she was made to sign the naturalization certificate and check that her name was spellt correctly. I guess a Director would later sign the same certificate.

hhhmmmmm..... Sounds about right because I too was asked to sign it..........but....if you do a search on this forum, you'll see that some are saying that there is no way that you would sign a Naturalization cert. before oath and that it's always done after oath...... not sure what to believe. Check this out: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=242946