Salary Issues

With companies with closed-door mentality, its very difficult to obtain copies of GC processing papers. The best time to obtain copies is when the applicant gets the papers in hand for signature. Otherwise, there is no rule per se. Follow your instincts. The applicant gets some sort of control only at the 485 stage. Before that, one has to be at the mercy of the company because legally, they can cancel a GC process anytime until the 180th day of the 485 RD.

Once GC is approved, the company is entitled to pay the promised wages on the approved LC. Date of stamping is the date of GC approval but some companies need a copy of the actual GC.

I've also read somewhere that the applicant's GC is not affected even if the company still doesn't pay the promised wages after GC approval. Maybe someone can verify this.

upstate_NY

Hello Upstate,

Atleast i found one upstate_newyorker!!!! Can you provide me a link where you can find minimum prevailing wages ? I have searched on DOL site but couldn't find it.

Also do you have an attorney who is representing it ? I am looking for an attorney in upstate ny who could represent me in case of RFE. I have filled my 485 on my own and i am in rochester area. If you don't mind would you share your attorney's name if you are satisfied and he is from upstate. Thanks for the help