*** Sad News --- Class Certification Denied ***

Rajiv S. Khanna

HOST, Immigration.Com
Staff member
We have received an order denying class certification our lawsuit, folks. The order is attached. We are waiting to examine the reasoning of the court to see what can we do next.

We can now start individual lawsuits in 485's that have been delayed too long.

I will keep you all informed.

Class certification denial of this lawsuit is bad news for the immigration community.

Rajiv, Your efforts are all well appreciated by immigration community. Also I firmly believe immigration reforms initiated lately by CIS are due your efforts.

Immigrants can make a big impact in the immigration process if everyone of us initiate or participate in the immigration advocacy efforts.

Thanks

Edison said:
Class certification denial of this lawsuit is bad news for the immigration community.

Rajiv, Your efforts are all well appreciated by immigration community. Also I firmly believe immigration reforms initiated lately by CIS are due your efforts.

Immigrants can make a big impact in the immigration process if everyone of us initiate or participate in the immigration advocacy efforts.

I know for a fact that at least some of the reforms we see were because of our community's lawsuit. We will not stop trying. We fail in this effort - no big deal. Wherever we feel a need for reform, we will address it to the best of our ability. The most important quality for change is PERSEVERANCE.

My regards to all of you.

It is the greatest joke of April Fool by the Court against our Immigration community.
We should never pardon such a joke.
We are ready for the next fight against the Goverment.

We are ready

kashmir said:
It is the greatest joke of April Fool by the Court against our Immigration community.
We should never pardon such a joke.
We are ready for the next fight against the Goverment.

We are ready, Kashmir. The most important thing is to keep plugging away at the problems.

There are individual cases that still have been pending for a long time. I think as Rajiv suggested its a good idea to file individual law suites.

Everybody knows that its because of law suit, Rajiv's exposure of immigration problems in the court and community effort caused the current reforms.

Lets get together for the next step.

rk4gc said:
There are individual cases that still have been pending for a long time. I think as Rajiv suggested its a good idea to file individual law suites.

Everybody knows that its because of law suit, Rajiv's exposure of immigration problems in the court and community effort caused the current reforms.

Lets get together for the next step.

Already we have won...
our objective is to move the lethary and inertia of USCIS and this forum stands as a testimony for it...in last 9 months, USCIS has moved the dates by more than 26 months....
It's a great idea to file individual cases...

To all whose cases has been delayed,
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain...there is no moral or administrative justification for USCIS to delay your cases... Overcome your fear and file cases...
Unfortunately, I miss the opportunity to file a case as I got approved couple of weeks back...

-rajum

One interesting development in an individual lawsuit

We had filed an individual lawsuit for an EB I-485 denial of a physician's application appx two months ago. Last week the govt called and agreed to approve the case.

I will post the details as soon as (if?) I have the approval and we formally settle the case.

Rajiv you are still my Hero!

Rajiv,

You have done something that nobody ever dared to do. I would like to stand by your side on any issue anytime.

I have been on this board for a long time and I have never seen approvals coming like this - never ever. I am not wrong when I say - it happened because of only one person - Rajiv Khanna. You have made a system work.

You are a winner - hats off sir.

At this time, the class action result is immaterial. The Govt has already started the reforms though there are still some problems here and there.
Thanks for filing the lawsuit and awakening the CIS.

Rajiv,

I think we have lost the battle, but we have won the war. Whatever reforms have happened in last few months are in large part due to the court case brought by you.

Thank you!

Rajiv:

This is just a small part of the big war that we have been fighting under your leadership and we owe you a lot of appreciation and thanks.

Karns

Rajiv,

You have been a great champion of Immigration community. Your lawsuit definitely made the difference and things are moving better then before. If you had not filed the suit then things would have been worse. So there is a lot to cheer.

Thanks

Rajiv,

Even though the Class Certification is denied, nothing takes away the efforts we (You) put in, and the results are there to see. Hats off to you Rajiv.

Rajiv,
Thank you for the great efforts you've made. I believe many of us have benifited from your efforts and got a much faster approval. We all agree that the EB green card processing needs some serious reforms - people who have come to this country with their talent and experience who work hard, pay taxes and abide laws shouldn't suffer as they do for trying to have a legal "permanent" status. They know that too. USCIS in some ways is just like a buracratic goverment branch we can still find in some other countries. We need more "watch dogs" to monitor its actions and push it forward. Thank you.

individual 485 lawsuit - question

Hi,
If I decide to start an individaul 485 lawsuit, do I need to notify my company and their lawers ?
Thanks
Baikelai

baikelai said:
Hi,
If I decide to start an individaul 485 lawsuit, do I need to notify my company and their lawers ?
Thanks
Baikelai
Dear Rajiv,
Thanks for the great job. I was having the same question. I would like to file a writ of mandamus sometime soon so I was wondering what is the procedure that I have to follow. Thanks for your time.

We have won already

I agree with others that we have already won this case by forcing CIS to bring-in reforms sooner than planned (if)....Without this lawsuit, they would be sleeping over all these problems even today..

Can we start another case or something about citizenship...e.e. instead of 5 years AFTER getting 485 approval, it should be 5 years AFTER the 485 filing. As delay is not in our control, this date should be from filing...

Any comments...