S2611 Immigration billl, passes in Senate

Quit Smoking, Howling. It is bad for your lungs.

HowlingWild said:
People,

We keep on discussing this like a broken record. Take care of your health as such discussions lead to higher blood pressure, mental fatigue and can lead to early health problems. Start doing some yoga and read gita. Keep the good work going and the processs with take care of the pain. I know our careers are getting screwed up. Most of us are in IT and working on stupid support projects and not getting the salaries that we deserve. I can leave my current job and easily earn 15,000 more. But stuck in this piece of shit process. We all feel like 'Abhimanyu', just stuck and dont know what the outcome is. So relax, have a beer, watch a nice movie, light up a cigratte and n'joy. I have come to conclusion 'Life is more than chasing a greencard'.

9 years and counting in this country without a legal permanant acceptance. Dang, that hurts. But hey, we can explore more places if we dont get a permanant status here.

N'joy and have a good long wkend! :rolleyes: :)

Tha' HowlingWild

Ah, that's probably in connection with what Sen. Kennedy reported a couple of weeks ago:it seems the idea is now pass the border enforcement security and attach a provision saying that amnesty would be granted 1 or 2 years down the road. I got it.

mamamiax said:
07/05/2006: Bush Has Reportedly Shifted Stance on Illegal Immigration and Guest Worker Program

New York Times reports that Republicans both inside and outside the White House say Mr. Bush, who has long insisted on comprehensive reform, is now open to a so-called enforcement-first approach that would put new border security programs in place before creating a guest worker program or path to citizenship for people living in the United States illegally. Read on.
07/04/2006: Follow-Up of Termination of Local USCIS EAD Production

A view on Glacier

All our hopes are like a mountain of snow built on water like the ones in Antartica. I know someone who has a rarest of rare disease stuck on retrogression since 1999, everytime I see the Retrogrosession dates, more than myself (waiting since Dec 1999), I feel bad for him. He is here to get treated and go back, and also work back home. For him it will be good for him to stay here from a health perspective. I feel the present system is so In human.

(2) - Yesterday on July 4, there was a report on Radio, that Philipinos want Affoirmative action, for legalising illegals and want filipinos incluided too... no one wants to hear the voice of the hardworking legal immigrants who came here with the great american dream on h1. I feel angry and sad that there are people who have a need to stay here and yet cannot. I am mentally getting ready to go back, but feel sad to see my close friends struggling more than me, and cannot help them in this.

GCdreamer2006 said:
Ah, that's probably in connection with what Sen. Kennedy reported a couple of weeks ago:it seems the idea is now pass the border enforcement security and attach a provision saying that amnesty would be granted 1 or 2 years down the road. I got it.
)

STEM Details

NPNKumar,

There are conflicting opinions about STEM - whether you have to be working in the field of your Masters Major. Some people believe that the fields have to match (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-350.html). I myself am an MS in Civil Engineering but am working in computer software.

Some credible clarification in this regard would really help.

Also when is immigration bill likely to become law?

npnkumar said:
Hi All,

It is a VERY GOOD NEWS

IMMIGRATION VOICE HAS DELIVERED, NOW IT’S YOUR TURN.

Senator Arlen Specter bill is accepted in Senate, some of the provisions are

1. Lets everyone file 485, if their labor is approved even if their priority date is not current.

2. Remove the hard limit on countries so that over-subscribed countries like India and China are allowed to use visa numbers that ARE NOT USED by other countries with low number of applicants.

3. STEM applicants would be allowed to be exempt from cap even if they have not been working in exactly the same discipline as their STEM master’s degree. This will be a huge relief for many in EB3 and majority of EB2 applicants as they would become exempt from cap.

Friends, Immigration Voice (http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php) has delivered what it promised.

This achieves the goal of IV, for the time being as far as Senate proceedings go. There is a lot more to do, as the House-Senate conference proceedings are going to be on final consequence to this bill. We have our work cut out in front of us.

We need more volunteers and funding to further our cause.

Please join Immigration Voice and contribute.

Can't you spare few dollars for an effort that is going to change your life forever in the US ?