S2611 Immigration billl, passes in Senate

hkhr

Registered Users (C)
S2611 Immigration billl, passes in Senate

Lets hope a good outcome from house senate committee....

Yea 62 Nay 36

What is the benefit to people in retrogression

What is the benefit to people in retrogression from this bill, when is this likely to happen!!!!!

Hi All,

It is a VERY GOOD NEWS

IMMIGRATION VOICE HAS DELIVERED, NOW IT’S YOUR TURN.

Senator Arlen Specter bill is accepted in Senate, some of the provisions are

1. Lets everyone file 485, if their labor is approved even if their priority date is not current.

2. Remove the hard limit on countries so that over-subscribed countries like India and China are allowed to use visa numbers that ARE NOT USED by other countries with low number of applicants.

3. STEM applicants would be allowed to be exempt from cap even if they have not been working in exactly the same discipline as their STEM master’s degree. This will be a huge relief for many in EB3 and majority of EB2 applicants as they would become exempt from cap.

Friends, Immigration Voice (http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php) has delivered what it promised.

This achieves the goal of IV, for the time being as far as Senate proceedings go. There is a lot more to do, as the House-Senate conference proceedings are going to be on final consequence to this bill. We have our work cut out in front of us.

We need more volunteers and funding to further our cause.

Please join Immigration Voice and contribute.

Can't you spare few dollars for an effort that is going to change your life forever in the US ?

Last edited by a moderator:
STEM applicants would be allowed to be exempt from cap even if they have not been working in exactly the same discipline as their STEM master’s degree. This will be a huge relief for many in EB3 and majority of EB2 applicants as they would become exempt from cap.

What does the above mean??? Who are STEM applicants?

npnkumar said:
Hi All,

It is a VERY GOOD NEWS

IMMIGRATION VOICE HAS DELIVERED, NOW IT’S YOUR TURN.

Senator Arlen Specter bill is accepted in Senate, some of the provisions are

1. Lets everyone file 485, if their labor is approved even if their priority date is not current.

2. Remove the hard limit on countries so that over-subscribed countries like India and China are allowed to use visa numbers that ARE NOT USED by other countries with low number of applicants.

3. STEM applicants would be allowed to be exempt from cap even if they have not been working in exactly the same discipline as their STEM master’s degree. This will be a huge relief for many in EB3 and majority of EB2 applicants as they would become exempt from cap.

Friends, Immigration Voice (http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php) has delivered what it promised.

This achieves the goal of IV, for the time being as far as Senate proceedings go. There is a lot more to do, as the House-Senate conference proceedings are going to be on final consequence to this bill. We have our work cut out in front of us.

We need more volunteers and funding to further our cause.

Please join Immigration Voice and contribute.

Can't you spare few dollars for an effort that is going to change your life forever in the US ?

Regards,
Nandakumar

So, as long as you have done your MS or advanced degree from the US, you are exempt from the cap.?? Or is it an advanced degree PLUS some required number of yrs of experience..

npnkumar said:
STEM - Scinece, Technology, Engineering & Maths

Pats100 said:
What is the benefit to people in retrogression from this bill, when is this likely to happen!!!!!

Its the last nail in the coffin for people in retrogression if this passes.

3-4 years wait will be converted into 30-40 years wait.

neo

Its not ...

neocor said:

neo

neocor,

I am not sure where you are getting this impression but this bill will help people in "short-term". I agree that problems will arise again in a few years but for 2001-2002 EB3 PDs, this bill will have an immediate effect. If you still disagree then please provide more details on your theory.

regards,

saras

Wait until the dust settles and the smoke clears.

saras76 said:
neocor,

I am not sure where you are getting this impression but this bill will help people in "short-term". I agree that problems will arise again in a few years but for 2001-2002 EB3 PDs, this bill will have an immediate effect. If you still disagree then please provide more details on your theory.

regards,

saras

You dont have to scrach your head much to understand this.
Just look at what happened in June 2005 when Schedule A workers got all the Visas.
The theory is that the moment the bill passes all the illigals will stand ahead in the queue from the ones already in the Queue. And I dont have to tell you how long the queue is going to be.

Just wait until the dust settles and the smoke clears.

neo

This is a concern I had earlier with this bill also.
Also, keep in mind, USCIS has approx 3000 people working on ALL types of visa processing. Now these guys have to handle potentially 12 million applications soon...
Everytime a senator says "they have to go back to the end of the line"... I don't buy it... cause H2 and H1 don't exactly share the same quotas and caps...in fact, correct me if i am wrong but there was no specified cap for the illegals who wish to legalise. So "the line" isn't even the same.

When we want to change jobs and employers... we have to check that we can transfer our old PD over or we would be "going back to the end of the line" ourselves.

Another thing to keep in mind is that with Labor Substitution, even within the EB categories, there are people filing later than us but getting their green cards faster so what kind of "line" is that?

The system isn't FIFO.... so even with a higher EB cap and ability to file 485 without a visa number... would we be able to get the final GC faster?

neocor said:
You dont have to scrach your head much to understand this.
Just look at what happened in June 2005 when Schedule A workers got all the Visas.
The theory is that the moment the bill passes all the illigals will stand ahead in the queue from the ones already in the Queue. And I dont have to tell you how long the queue is going to be.

Just wait until the dust settles and the smoke clears.

neo

I did not see this anywhere but

I think they will add a lot of new resources to handle this sudden load.
They have to.

ac

Au contraire

neocor said:

neo

Whose coffin? Not everyone's.
This bill (if becomes a law) will provide tremendous boost to people who have advanced degrees in STEM from U.S. universities. Its about time that happened.

Exactamundo....

You said it man.

People who are harbouring hopes on this should wake up.
Well there is not much you can do waking up, so just ride along the roller coaster.

We just have nothing to do other then just sit around the expect good things to happen automatically by default or some fluke or some oversight by the law makers.

I am just hoping that there are some foolish law makers up there. Thats the only chance.

neo

ufo2002 said:
Also, keep in mind, USCIS has approx 3000 people working on ALL types of visa processing. Now these guys have to handle potentially 12 million applications soon...
Everytime a senator says "they have to go back to the end of the line"... I don't buy it... cause H2 and H1 don't exactly share the same quotas and caps...in fact, correct me if i am wrong but there was no specified cap for the illegals who wish to legalise. So "the line" isn't even the same.

When we want to change jobs and employers... we have to check that we can transfer our old PD over or we would be "going back to the end of the line" ourselves.

Another thing to keep in mind is that with Labor Substitution, even within the EB categories, there are people filing later than us but getting their green cards faster so what kind of "line" is that?

The system isn't FIFO.... so even with a higher EB cap and ability to file 485 without a visa number... would we be able to get the final GC faster?

RAYDHAN said:
Whose coffin? Not everyone's.
This bill (if becomes a law) will provide tremendous boost to people who have advanced degrees in STEM from U.S. universities. Its about time that happened.

What about the person having ph.d from foreign university and 4 years post doctoral experience in US.? will they be included or they will be up in the air?

you are 100% correct, Once election is over, it will become a crap

ufo2002 said:

This is only for election and once the election is over USCIS will be a mess. They have not really laid out the conditions for illegals. Some mere condtions will not help anything.The USCIS will become like public transports in India.