S. 1932 Status

kamrans said:
I contacted senator and he sent me forms to list the details of my case. I would like him to work on the immigration reforms for all of us not only my case.
I am going to write him again that we need help in the scenarios we already talked about a lot in this forum.

Thanks.

Kamran

Ur senators durbin and obama r given D and F grades by numbersusa...so they r pro-immigrants...durbin might have not understtod the prblm u r addressing...try again and ask directly to support the pro-immigrant bills coming up in feb...

Anyone can provide me a good presentation of the problem we are facing so that I can send it to the two senators again.

Thanks.

I think I'm very late to be here . I think I can help too .
Can some one help me with more info links about the bill .It seems hard to
scroll into 260 pages.
How about the stand of senators from NY area.
I had written to Senators from Iowa about this matter few months back (as my filing was from there ). I'm still in Backlog for labor clearance RIR Aug 04.
The ppt was really good.

Mathew

mathewk said:
I think I'm very late to be here . I think I can help too .
Can some one help me with more info links about the bill .It seems hard to
scroll into 260 pages.
How about the stand of senators from NY area.
I had written to Senators from Iowa about this matter few months back (as my filing was from there ). I'm still in Backlog for labor clearance RIR Aug 04.
The ppt was really good.

Mathew

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=33&postcount=7

Kamrans, You can certainly do it yourself. But may I request you to please signup for our meet the lawmakers drive on immigrationvoice.org we need volunteers like you who are determined to make a difference. We'll meet the lawmakers with the materials generated by the lobbying strategists and when they may be accompanying us to the lawmakers offices.
Please sign up here.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44

kamrans said:
Anyone can provide me a good presentation of the problem we are facing so that I can send it to the two senators again.

Thanks.

Beware

GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
http://www.irishlobbyusa.org./

Irish Lobbying for immigration reforms.. ILIR supports the Kennedy/McCain bill.

Immigrationvoice can touch base with them..

Be careful before contacting this group. If you visit their main website <www.irishlobbyusa.org>, the very first sentence states that, "WHO WE ARE: ILIR has been set up to lobby the US government on behalf of the estimated 40,000 undocumented Irish in the US. ILIR supports the Kennedy/McCain bill".

So, their fight is primarily geared in support of undocumented (read "Illegal") people.

We already have enough problems educating common people and lawmakers about the differences between legal and illegal immigrants. Let us not add fuel to the fire ourselves.

Thats just my personal opinion.

Good luck.

I agree with Raydhan

We got to be very careful. We should tie up with organizations which will help our cause. Collaborating with organizations which support illegal immigration will hamper our case.

RAYDHAN said:
Be careful before contacting this group. If you visit their main website <www.irishlobbyusa.org>, the very first sentence states that, "WHO WE ARE: ILIR has been set up to lobby the US government on behalf of the estimated 40,000 undocumented Irish in the US. ILIR supports the Kennedy/McCain bill".

So, their fight is primarily geared in support of undocumented (read "Illegal") people.

We already have enough problems educating common people and lawmakers about the differences between legal and illegal immigrants. Let us not add fuel to the fire ourselves.

Thats just my personal opinion.

Good luck.

Another Bill (sort of releif,atleast to allow filing of 485)

Friends,
please read the following

http://www.congress.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:S.1919:

In that bill, under Title1 / Section 101 speaks about some relief

mjossan said:
Does Kennedy/McCain bill supports filing of 485 even while the category is not current?

No it does not. This bill is mainly to help Illegal immigrants and EB3-Other

Can Immigration Voice people shed some light what is the wrong with paypal ??

Hope it is not a legal problem.
And definitely it is very peak time for the contributions efforts.

Is there any other way to continue the present contributions effort..

Still i really vote if some noted firm handles the money part.
Because we would not have run into this type of problems.

(Please note guys only money part, nothing else. Do not get wrong message from me, as i am talking only money related part. All other efforts shd go as usual and probably with 10 times efforts)

Immigration Voice paypal link technical issue

Though I might not be 100% accurate regarding this, I will try to shed some light

Technical difficulties with the paypal service. Nopes, it is not a legal problem as far as I know

Yes there is :). As per the IV website,

Personal Check in Mail: You can also send us a physical check. Make the checks payable to Immigration Voice and send it to the following address
Immigration Voice

PO Box 114
Dayton, NJ - 08810

We do understand your concern regarding the contributions. It has nothing to do with the way the money is 'handled'. Its just a technical difficulty we are facing right now with the paypal web service. Even if a 'noted firm' handles this, there is a very good chance it would run into the same issue.

Also, the administrators responsible for the website are a little too overworked right now (9-5 job, then reply to posts, add enhancements etc) but are still working hard to resolve this issue. The administrators of this site are individuals like you and me who are affected by this and are volunteering their free time (outside of their day jobs) for a common cause.

As far as where the money goes, ImmigrationVoice.org is offering complete transparency to the allocation and disbursement of funds. If you'd like to speak to an individual, you could email me at volunteer5678 @ yahoo.com and we could get someone for you to speak to you regarding any concerns you might have.

retrogression20 said:

Hope it is not a legal problem.
And definitely it is very peak time for the contributions efforts.

Still i really vote if some noted firm handles the money part.
Because we would not have run into this type of problems.

(Please note guys only money part, nothing else. Do not get wrong message from me, as i am talking only money related part. All other efforts shd go as usual and probably with 10 times efforts)

Please make sure that any amendment does not strike off the following,

The relevant line is Sec. 202. [8 U.S.C. 1152] , paragraph 5

SEC. 104. LIMITATION ON PER COUNTRY CEILING WITH RESPECT TO EMPLOYMENT-BASED IMMIGRANTS.
(a) SPECIAL RULES- Section 202(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C.1152(a)) is amended by adding at the end the following new paragraph:
“(5) RULES FOR EMPLOYMENT-BASED IMMIGRANTS-
“(A) EMPLOYMENT-BASED IMMIGRANTS NOT SUBJECT TO PER COUNTRY LIMITATION IF ADDITIONAL VISAS AVAILABLE- If the total number of visas available under paragraph (1), (2), (3), (4), or (5) of section 203(b) for a calendar quarter exceeds the number of qualified immigrants who may otherwise be issued such visas, the visas made available under that paragraph shall be issued without regard to the numerical limitation under paragraph (2) of this subsection during the remainder of the calendar quarter.
"

If it does, it's kiss of death for over subscribed countries (in fact for everyone, as they wont be able to allocate all the GC in a year (as was in 2003, they only adjudicated less than 100,000 GC when the limit was 140,000))

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: