S. 1932 Status

when is the conference committee meeting and will the recapture of eb visa numbers be discussed?
what happens after the committee conference?

Can Somebody Please Post A Brief Description Of What We Want !!!

Please Post Small Description Of What We Want To Say.

Honestly, I Was Very Confused To Express When I Called Nj Senaor's Office But I Expressed Myself Somehow. I Gained Lot Of Confidence Now.

But If Somebody Already Has Content Then It Is Very Beneficial When We Are Calling Them.

Also, I Did Not Try It Yet, But Is It Possible If We Can Leave Voice Message To The Conference Committe Memebers Tonight ?

Yes. please tell us what to say on the phone

At the risk of sounding dumb, lemme ask,
can one of you who have spoken to the senator's office or congressmen's office, please tell what do you tell given that their attention span is limited. i have been writing and faxing. i want to call now. (sorry for the delay)

What To Say

What to say

I work for xxx company in yy state. I am highly qualified - I have x degree in y discipline and my position in my company is Z. My company has filed for an employment-based green card for me. This is different from the H1B issue. I am not able to apply for the final stage of the employment-based green card because the quota ran out for 2005 and is badly backlogged. People from 2001 are getting their green cards now. This means that I may have to spend years without a promotion, my spouse can't work, and I can't make important decisions.

Sec 8001 of the Senate budget bill S.1932 provides some relief to employment-based immigrants like myself who are affected by shortage of employment-based green cards. This provision will let us apply for the final stage of the green card even with the green card quota in backlog. Hence we can get benefits like Employment Authorization and our spouses can start working. We will still only get our green cards when the quota is available again.

The Senate voted for this provision by 85-15, but the House does not have any such provision. Please let the Senator know that we are counting on him to push this through the Budget conference with the House.

Last edited by a moderator:
Conference Committee Members From Senate For Deficit Reduction Bill

Everyone,

Here is the contact information of all the members from the Senate who will be in the SENATE-HOUSE conference committee for the deficit reduction bill.

Everyone get back to work and start calling them, start faxing letters and also email them. Please note that your personnel meeting will have more effect however if you cannot meet the senators in person, please call them. One minute call will save lot's of money for you for your future.

If calling them is also not possible please send the letter by fax. Email is the last option. No matter what you do getting in touch with the senators is very important if you want to see the immigration package in the final deficit reduction bill.

Cheers

Whats happening on CSPAN-2

They are waiting for the Senators to comeback to the floor, is there a behind the door discussion in progress ......

this is what we can do immediately

i just tried to call NH senator ....their office is closed but we can leave voice message.

Now, if we can come up with a content, we can leave messages tonight to all the conference committe members. let's bombard them with voicemessages tonight and tomorrow call them up.

leaving a message will give some "confidence" to those who are laying back (like myself who was very reluctant initially before i managed to call NJ senate office)

stucklabor - this is good to start but unless and untill we "lure" these senators for "money" .... we can never be able to turn the tables around.

can somebody come up with something concrete.

please ...i will leave voice messages to all these conference committe memers tonight.

Call House Conferees

I did research and found out that out of the 20 Senate Confeerees named above, only suppoorted the Byrd Amendment that stripped retrogression relief. In other words, there is only 1 senator who voted against us. And that is Jeff Sessions of Alabama.

So altho it would be great to call ALL senators, it would be better to instead focus on the House Conferees and ask them to agree to the Senate Bill's Sec. 8001 that provides relief to 'LEGAL' immigrants. Many congressman claim they are only 'Anti-ILLEGAL" immigrant - well, this is their chance to show they're not "ANTI-IMMIGRANT".

Remember, there will be limited time before voting tomorrow- so focus your energies on the House Conferees.

sobers,

should we call ONLY following OR few more .......

http://budget.senate.gov/republican...15Conferees.pdf

Sen Judd Gregg: R-NH: (202) 224-3324
Sen Pete Domenici: R-NM: (202) 224-6621
Sen Charles Grassley: R-IA: 202.224.3744
Sen Mike Enzi: R-WY: (202) 224-3424
Sen Wayne Allard: R-CO: (202) 224-5941
Sen Jeff Sessions: R-AL: (202) 224-4124
Sen Ted Stevens: R-AK: (202) 224-3004
Sen Richard Shelby: R-AL: (202) 224-5744
Sen Arlen Specter: R-PA: 202-224-4254
Sen Saxby Chambliss: R-GA: 202-224-3521
Sen Mitch McConnell: R-KY: 202-224-2541

Sen Kent Conrad: D-ND: (202) 224-2043
Sen Patty Murray: D-WA: (202) 224-2621
Sen Tom Harkin: D-IA: (202) 224-3254
Sen Paul Sarbanes: D-MD: (202) 224-4524
Sen Daniel Inouye: D-HI: 202-224-3934
Sen Jeff Bingaman: D-NM: (202) 224-5521
Sen Max Baucus: D-MT: (202) 224-2651
Sen Ted Kennedy: D-MA: 202/224-4543
Sen Pat Leahy: D-VT: 202-224-4242

NO, Sobers

Let us call all the Senators and urge them to stand by their vote - they should NOT let the House remove the 8001 provision.

We should call the House conference committee members as well.

sobers said:
I did research and found out that out of the 20 Senate Confeerees named above, only suppoorted the Byrd Amendment that stripped retrogression relief. In other words, there is only 1 senator who voted against us. And that is Jeff Sessions of Alabama.

So altho it would be great to call ALL senators, it would be better to instead focus on the House Conferees and ask them to agree to the Senate Bill's Sec. 8001 that provides relief to 'LEGAL' immigrants. Many congressman claim they are only 'Anti-ILLEGAL" immigrant - well, this is their chance to show they're not "ANTI-IMMIGRANT".

Remember, there will be limited time before voting tomorrow- so focus your energies on the House Conferees.

Ok, per C-Span2, the senate will re-convene tomorrow at 9.30 AM.

No news about the closed door discussion on S.1932. But the Asst Majority Leader said the senate will vote on Patriot Act closure conference report.

Where do we have the House conference committee members? The list of them and communication to them will also help us educate them more on the reform proposed and thereby will make the process easier to include the provisions of S8001 in the conference report finally.

I disagree with you. We should try to call each of the member (Both Senate and House) and tell them to support the immigration clause in the final bill. Till the names of the House members are known, we will call the senate members.

But no matter what happens and no matter they voted in favor of us or against us on Senator Byrd amendment we will try to call each of the members.

I am from Maryland and I sent fax and called office of Sen Paul Sarbanes. He also replied me and correctly understood the problem of retrogration. He concluded in his letter as follow:

"A conference committee will likely be appointed to resolve the differences between two versions of legislation. You may be assured that I will keep your views to support section 8001 and 8002 in mind when the final version of this legislation comes before the full Senate for consideration"

Now he is in conference committee.

I will take responsibility to cordinate efforts for Sen Pau Sarbanes. I will call his DC office tommorrow. All the guys from MD please come forward to call him and please post their name (nick name) in this thread so that we can concentrate and quantify our efforts.

Sen Paul Sabanes (D- MD)
Co-ordinator : Khodalmd
All the person from MD list their names here

All the active participents (GURUS) take responsibility of atleast one senator/HR of own state

stucklabor said:
These are the Senate Budget Conference Committee members:

http://budget.senate.gov/republican/pressarchive/2005-12-15Conferees.pdf

Sen Judd Gregg: R-NH: (202) 224-3324
Sen Pete Domenici: R-NM: (202) 224-6621
Sen Charles Grassley: R-IA: 202.224.3744
Sen Mike Enzi: R-WY: (202) 224-3424
Sen Wayne Allard: R-CO: (202) 224-5941
Sen Jeff Sessions: R-AL: (202) 224-4124
Sen Ted Stevens: R-AK: (202) 224-3004
Sen Richard Shelby: R-AL: (202) 224-5744
Sen Arlen Specter: R-PA: 202-224-4254
Sen Saxby Chambliss: R-GA: 202-224-3521
Sen Mitch McConnell: R-KY: 202-224-2541

Sen Kent Conrad: D-ND: (202) 224-2043
Sen Patty Murray: D-WA: (202) 224-2621
Sen Tom Harkin: D-IA: (202) 224-3254
Sen Paul Sarbanes: D-MD: (202) 224-4524
Sen Daniel Inouye: D-HI: 202-224-3934
Sen Jeff Bingaman: D-NM: (202) 224-5521
Sen Max Baucus: D-MT: (202) 224-2651
Sen Ted Kennedy: D-MA: 202/224-4543
Sen Pat Leahy: D-VT: 202-224-4242

We should call all of them 9am EST tomorrow!

can somebody please work on these ///

folks, it seems the house members are still unknown. So, please correct me if iam wrong.

This is what we can do it tonight.

1) someone search for House members list.
2) Come up with a solid content to call.
3) Call above senator conference committie member TONIGHT and leave voicemessssages.

So, please come up with the content ...following is what i saw somewhere else....iam not that good in legal termologies ...but let us quickly come up with the content within half an hour.

Based on AILA's sample message sent during the Byrd amendment
voting, here is a sample phone call that you can make to your
lawmakers. Feel free to edit

---------------------------

"I am a concerned constituent calling to urge Senator ( name ) /
Congressman (name) / Congresswoman (name) to vote for section 8001 of
the Senate Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act. This would
help bring into effect action taken by the Senate Judiciary Committee
to increase revenue by recapturing authorized, but never used, visa
numbers for foreign workers with key skills in jobs for which U.S.
workers are not available. Please note that we are just asking about
recapturing legal visas and we are not asking about any immigration
changes

The House version of this would raise the fees on L-1 intra-company
transferees to $1,500 per visa, which would discourage overseas
companies from opening plants in the U.S. and would encourage
countries to retaliate against U.S. companies seeking to transfer
U.S. managers to oversee their international operations.
Please vote for section 8001 of the Senate version when this comes up
for consideration in the conference committee. If not, the country
will lose the opportunity to raise revenue by allowing the use of
visas that were authorized by Congress, but never used due to
administrative delays."

---------------------------

That time again....

Friends,

Gives me memories of the night before Byrd Amendment voting. We can do it again with your support. We have another 12/14 hours to contact the members of the Senate conference committee. Everyone, please take this seriously and do your part.

Here is the letter I drafted. I am going to fax it to all the conf committe members first thing tomorrow. If isnamerica/any other site has e-fax setup for the conf committee members, please let everyone know.

Goodluck again. Lets do our part and leave the rest to God. Comon guy, one last push....

Respected Senator,

I am writing this to request your kind support for the employment based immigration relief provisions (Sections 8001 and 8002 of the Senate passed Version) in the Budget Reconciliation Bill (S.1932). These provisions are the only hope for thosands of legal immigrants who have been standing in line for immigration for several years already and yet find themselves nowhere near their American Dream.

We, the legal immigrant community in US, are so thankful to the honorable US Senate for recognizing the genuine need for relief for employment based immigration and passing the Section 8001 and 8002 with a landslide majority (86 vs 14) voting on the Byrd Amendment. Unfortunately, there are no similar relief provisions included in the house version of the bill and unless the Senate version of Sections 8001 and 8002 are adotped in the final bill, the legal immigrant community will be in dire-straights again.

These provisions in Sections 8001 and 8002 give relief only to the guest workers WHO ARE IN US LEGALLY AND ALREADY LABOR CERTIFIED FOR IMMIGRATION - that is they are doing only the jobs for which the employers cannot find American workers after advertising many times over in the media with competitive salary and benefits (thus certified by the labor department after close scrutiny). It is an undeniable fact that for the speciality IT jobs like information security, enterprise ERP implementation, large scale datawarehousing etc., IT companies are struggling to find qualified workers even with the guest worker program. Without immediate relief, many of these experienced professionals will be forced to leave the country and find opportunities elsewhere. At a time when many other countries are competing to challenge the IT supremacy of America, it will be a tremendous loss of momentum for the American IT industry, if we were to lose these most experienced and hardworking professionals.

I humbly request you to please support these immigration relief proposals in the budget reconciliation bill and use your good offices to persuade the House conference committee members to support the same. As an important member of the Senate budget reconciliation committe, we humbly request your voice and support for adoption of the Senate passed version of Sections 8001 and 8002 in the final budgetory reconciliation bill (S.1932). The immigrant communtiy in America will be ever greatful to you for your support.

Thanking you once again,

Yours sincerely,

Perfect

optimistguy -- thanks !

this is perfect example of content.

I think we SHOULD immediately start leaving messages to the above conference committe members ....

I live in New Jersey, I will call ALL of the listed members of senate TONIGHT. Let me get some pizza to eat ....iam hungry and for more work tonight.

LET US ALSO GET HOUSE members list asap.

Look it up!

rrajendr said:
Where do we have the House conference committee members?

Pdakwala and I independently looked up individual phone numbers of the Senate Conf committee members and posted the lists. This list didn't magically appear.

Contribute by doing something concrete and look up the House Budget Committee and post the contact list here.