S. 1932 Status

SatishK, my thoughts EXACTLY ;-)

S1932 passed on this thread
HR4241 passed on this thread

Mark my words! The reconciliation committee WILL pass immigration reforms and we WILL post our Cheers on this post SOON.

I like the idea of mentioning a particular section.
but, be careful to make sure we are capturing everything
(unused EB#s, ability to file 485 regardless of # availability, family members not counted in EB#s & 30k H1B recapture)

nozdam said:
Guys here is an option

We keep debating over whether to mention H1 or EB reforms. Why not just ask them to support "SEC. 8001. RECAPTURE OF UNUSED VISA NUMBERS" Or simply Sections 8001/8002. That way we dont have to use our own "buzzwords".

What do you guys think?

From immigration-law.com

Apparently there are some people in the immigrant community who misunderstand that the immigrant visa and H-1B recaptures or spouse/children special provisions may take effect soon. Passage of H.R. 4241 does not mean that the immigration bills have also passed the House. The H.R. 4241, unlike the Senate S.1932, did not include the immigration bills. Then why did the immigrant community monitor the passage of this bill? Both S. 1932 of the Senate and H.R. 4241 are two different versions of the same legislation named Omnibus Deficit Reduction Act ( also called Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act) and unless the House bill, H.R. 4241, passes, the process of conference to compromise between the House bill and the Senate bill will not be commenced. Since the House bill did not include the immigration packet, while the Senate bill included immigration packet, the immigrant community wanted to see that the conference process would start as early as possible so that they will know whether the Congress will eventually accept the S. 1932 immigration packet and legislate it into a law.
In this regard, the passage of H.R. 4241 is not the end but the beginning of the process to get the Senate S.1932 immigration recapture bill be passed as part of the final version of the Ominibus Deficit Reduction Act. The Congress will go into the Thanksgiving holiday recess from next week and no voting sessions will start until next month. Due to another big holidays ahead, Christritmas and New Year, the Congress will have a very limited time to wrap up the legislative activities of the First Session of the 109th Congress. Report indicates that the conference process is likely to start next month when the Congress returns to the Hill. Since this is the beginning of the process to get the immigration bills accepted by the both Houses, the business, academic, and immigrant communities should expand their efforts for the next one week or so in order to assure that the current immigration clog be relieved as soon as possible.

Don't make this as an egoistic issue. Idea of starting new thread is to make sure that everyone goes to one thread and that way our efforts are converted to better results. Now if you guys want to stick with this thread please feel free to do so.

I don't think with that attitude we will get what we want.

Based on brkl's info

We should
1. Identify who will be on the conference committe.
2. During the mean time, draft a letter of one page wtih Sec. 8001 and clear message
3. Fax/email/mail the targeted members next week (nov 21)

brkl1935 said:
The Congress will go into the Thanksgiving holiday recess from next week and no voting sessions will start until next month. Due to another big holidays ahead, Christritmas and New Year, the Congress will have a very limited time to wrap up the legislative activities of the First Session of the 109th Congress. Report indicates that the conference process is likely to start next month when the Congress returns to the Hill. Since this is the beginning of the process to get the immigration bills accepted by the both Houses, the business, academic, and immigrant communities should expand their efforts for the next one week or so in order to assure that the current immigration clog be relieved as soon as possible.

nozdam said:
SatishK, my thoughts EXACTLY ;-)

S1932 passed on this thread
HR4241 passed on this thread

Mark my words! The reconciliation committee WILL pass immigration reforms and we WILL post our Cheers on this post SOON.

U BET !!
This thread is LUCKY!!

Sunjoshi ur the man for starting this thread. Let us observe 1 min of silence to felicitate Sunjoshi :)

nozdam said:
Sunjoshi ur the man for starting this thread. Let us observe 1 min of silence to felicitate Sunjoshi :)

wow...
Sunjoshi is alive, why we need to observe silence...ha..ha...
nice post though....

Now our main important work is to send info regarding 8001 info to only those people who are in the senate-house committe...

anyone please take initiative to draft a letter so that we all can send faxes to them..

in this letter we can mention about EB retrogress info
any thoughts.....

keeep it simple

Just tell them in the letter how ur entire plans have gone haywire, ur spouse cant work, YOU PAY TAXES regularly, ur a HIGHLY educated person and mention abt 8001.

ASK (and BEG) that they help. Keep it nice and short upto ONE page max. PLS dont spam all the senators/house ppl. Do we have ANY info, on who is in the committee, yet? If we do lets focus JUST on them.

And Guys, if we have finally finished that moment of silence, now lets stand up and clap for Sunjoshi ;)

These Members are Most likely on the Commitee

Committee on the Budget
309 CHOB
Washington, DC 20515-6065
(202) 226-7270

There are no subcommittees assigned to this committee.

Ratio 22/17

Republican Democrat

1. Jim Nussle, IA, Chairman
2. Jim Ryun, KS
3. Ander Crenshaw, FL
4. Adam H. Putnam, FL
5. Roger F. Wicker, MS
6. Kenny C. Hulshof, MO
7. Jo Bonner, AL
8. Scott Garrett, NJ
9. J. Gresham Barrett, SC
10. Thaddeus G. McCotter, MI
11. Mario Diaz-Balart, FL
12. Jeb Hensarling, TX
13. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, FL
14. Daniel E. Lungren, CA
15. Pete Sessions, TX
16. Paul Ryan, WI
17. Michael K. Simpson, ID
18. Jeb Bradley, NH
19. Patrick T. McHenry, NC
20. Connie Mack, FL
21. K. Michael Conaway, TX
22. Chris Chocola, IN

Democrat

1. John M. Spratt Jr., SC
2. Dennis Moore, KS
3. Richard E. Neal, MA
4. Rosa L. DeLauro, CT
5. Chet Edwards, TX
6. Harold E. Ford Jr., TN
7. Lois Capps, CA
8. Brian Baird, WA
9. Jim Cooper, TN
10. Artur Davis, AL
11. William J. Jefferson, LA
12. Thomas H. Allen, ME
13. Ed Case, HI
14. Cynthia McKinney, GA
15. Henry Cuellar, TX
16. Allyson Y. Schwartz, PA
17. Ron Kind, WI

http://clerk.house.gov/committee/index.html?comcode=HBU00

guys be realistic

$$$$$ spekas louder and better than any thing, they should turn the eye and start thinking that there is big and real money. We are working for americans for enought time and every one by this time we know money is the one thing that matters.
These guys went to Iraq for oil. there is no question of sympathy or begging or bargaining from their views, just $$$$$$$$$$$$$,
throw a big bait and draft a letter and send to the committee members. This is the only option left for us nothing else left. No one (American) never cares if you die or alive, they want F--------- Money.
excuse me the language. By throwing this option, we are not going to loose any thing except money(but we gain peace of mind as per Rajiv)
Think big why they should give green card for you, you are legal, tax paying and law abiding another humanbeing , why they should give green card for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
rightnow we wont mention $$$$ , i know its real money , but if we at this moment mention about $$$$, that will be in different way
first we'll go in same old manner, after that we can think of $$$$.
this is my opinion only,
if everyone wants to go with $$$$ in our draft letter, its okay for me but please think before you act....

vattam said:
$$$$$ spekas louder and better than any thing, they should turn the eye and start thinking that there is big and real money. We are working for americans for enought time and every one by this time we know money is the one thing that matters.
These guys went to Iraq for oil. there is no question of sympathy or begging or bargaining from their views, just $$$$$$$$$$$$$,
throw a big bait and draft a letter and send to the committee members. This is the only option left for us nothing else left. No one (American) never cares if you die or alive, they want F--------- Money.
excuse me the language. By throwing this option, we are not going to loose any thing except money(but we gain peace of mind as per Rajiv)
Think big why they should give green card for you, you are legal, tax paying and law abiding another humanbeing , why they should give green card for you.

what do you think,,it will pass!or not

http://thomas.loc.gov/home/lawsmade...on.html#request
first read the link completely.
I chosed this part from that:

The House conferees are strictly limited in their consideration to matters in disagreement between the two Houses. Consequently, they may not strike out or amend any portion of the bill that was not amended by the other House. Furthermore, they may not insert new matter that is not germane to or that is beyond the scope of the differences between the two Houses.

do you remember we were very sad about Senator Byrd amendment?
it failed....
he wanted to delete immigration reforms

result:

as senate was against deleting immigration issue by a very good vote,,
the conference can,t delete 8001 and 8002

At the risk of being beaten up, I am going to repeat this. Whoever can spare the time, please make FONE calls to the committee members. That's by far the BEST way to make them aware of our issues, and number of people affected.

One more thing to note: it is untrue that we need to call ONLY senators since S.1932 had the immig sections. The congressmen need to be educated about the issue as well. Keep calling/faxing, THEY WILL CONSIDER IT.

And for some of the pessimism seeping in from some posts, get over it. We have no choice but to be positive and fight for our cause.

Trust me, all those who made fone calls and sent faxes, IT HAS WORKED!!!!!!
You guys have been nothing short of BRILLIANT.

Please don't slack off during almost the end of the battle. We still need positive energy and enthusiasm.

okay, since no one volunteered, I will myself send cookies to everyone if we win the whole thing :D