S. 1932 Status

Can we make this tread sticky and concentrate on reconiliation effort thread,
It is causing lot of confusion because of lot of threads.
If we can please use the following thread
Post- S 1932/HR 4241 Reconcilation Efforts
thanks

this thread is already stick,
if you want you can put your info here or in another thread started by floyd777.

now we have to move on to next step,
wow..atlast we WON in House also.

prabca said:
Can we make this tread sticky and concentrate on reconiliation effort thread,
It is causing lot of confusion because of lot of threads.
If we can please use the following thread
Post- S 1932/HR 4241 Reconcilation Efforts
thanks

Now, once conference committe decides it goes directly to President for signature.
Hope in conference committe they'll add out Retrogression issue so that we can file EAD/AP/485 with some extra fees like $500 or more...

priyargc said:
Senate passed S 1932 and House passed HR 4241 (without immigration package). Now Senate-House conference committe will try to resolve differences of two bills. With a God grace, we hope, they will include immigration package in final version.
My question; final version of bill will go again for the approval of Senate and House? Or it will be just forwarded to president?
Some one please comment?

Great job Guys

Guys, great job for posting the details of yesterday's suspense drama, I just read this morning.. let keep up this same momentum ...and aggressiveness for the next step.

just sent fax to all senators/congressman in NY state
its very easy to send
goto insamerica.org and rest of the things are easy...
all the best for all of us

Midnight Masala

I watched the full (drama) debate on C-Span last night. It was very nice and thrill. The floor was too hot. Democrats ripped off the republicants for the walfare cuts for poor and giving tax cuts for rich.

Though I support the bill for our immigration relief, It was not a good budget proposal. Amazing to see the passage of bill by just two votes. I wondered why the republicants debated the bill midnight.

sent fax to Sen/Cong in CT

I had sent fax to Sen and Cong in CT state for myself and my wife. Lets all hope the best

I beg to differ here. I think that the congress has to vote again on the consolidated bill. Anybody can verify this?

zamq said:
Now, once conference committe decides it goes directly to President for signature.
Hope in conference committe they'll add out Retrogression issue so that we can file EAD/AP/485 with some extra fees like $500 or more...

Any info on the conference commitee members ?

Does anyone know if the commitee has been named We need to start lobbying with them ASAP.

Committee

Guys PLS find out ASAP who is on the committee. I think it is USELESS to fax All members. FOCUSS On the committee. This is a GOLDEN opportunity as there probably will be far fewer members to focuss on. I think we shud either focuss on the members or keep extremely quiet and let the bill pass as is, maybe the immigration stuff will also slip thru undetected.

Changes of Immigration section in final bill

I dont understand why ppl are so sceptical about immigration section not included in HR4241.

I think the chances of getting Immigration section in final bill are very good.

afterall this bill is about budget cuts, which directly relates to saving money. while it was tough to get HR4241 approved. the opposition was mainly to budget cuts proposed, in other words they can get the money from someother areas(like immigration) to get to that final number 50B or whatever.

I think immigration section will be included in final version of bill.

I think you are right on the money. If there was an ammendment to the immigration section of the bill, it probably would have never passed. We should be happy it passed. It was close vote 217-215. I think there are good chances that the senate immigration section will be included in the final bill.

bostonqa said:
I dont understand why ppl are so sceptical about immigration section not included in HR4241.

I think the chances of getting Immigration section in final bill are very good.

afterall this bill is about budget cuts, which directly relates to saving money. while it was tough to get HR4241 approved. the opposition was mainly to budget cuts proposed, in other words they can get the money from someother areas(like immigration) to get to that final number 50B or whatever.

I think immigration section will be included in final version of bill.

sections

Guys here is an option

We keep debating over whether to mention H1 or EB reforms. Why not just ask them to support "SEC. 8001. RECAPTURE OF UNUSED VISA NUMBERS" Or simply Sections 8001/8002. That way we dont have to use our own "buzzwords".

What do you guys think?

Hello Everyone,

The new thread has been started Post- S 1932/HR 4241 Reconcilation Efforts.
Currently there are few different threads that is discussing Retrogression issue and what is next (after 4241 is passed). If people stick to different threads discussing same issue then chances of reaching our goals are very slim.

Our combine efforts will help everyone. I therefore request everyone to start posting on that thread. Please follow this link.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...d.php?p=1300180