S. 1932 Status

Can they include RETRO in 8001/8002 ??

Can they include the sections for 8001 the EB Retro ??? as part of this bill ?

hurraaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyhhhuuuuu

217-215

It looked like they placed the bill on floor with full confidence of safe passage... even with 217 votes... they still had speakers vote left.. decesive in the case of tie... well done republicans....

lets concentrate all efforts on reconcilation process now

The sponsor of HR 4241 just said that they will now strike provisions of
S 1932 and replace it with HR 4241?

What does it mean?

Haha - It was so close that some of you just thought we were lost already. Wow it's like a NBA final game! In the end the last two voters (one Republican and one Democrat) just abstained from voting, which made the final difference!

United we stand; On ourselves we count.

Hurray ..........

We won. Just saw on c-span that HR-4241 is passed and also the dependant S-1932 was also passed.

Since retrogression was not included in 4241 all we were concern about get this bill through .But now onwards what ever will be discussed in commettee review will be very very critical for us and now we have to work realy hard to make sure that retrogression will be included in final version .We can create a seprate email group so that we can be share through forum as well as get info as a group and that will be more effective to share info .

need a new draft for faxing

somebody plesae draft a new letter and post here. I could have done that but my english writing and grammer sucks... there is a format on immigration-law.com for reconcilation process

Question ...

Just wondering .......

Will the word "EB Retro" expand them about what we need ? [ EG filing I-485 without waiting for priority dates, etc ]. Im novice here trying to catch up . ( fyi )

what next & when

can anybody throw some light on the next step & when it will occur?

it will help us to step into next level ASAP..

[H.R. 4241 PASSED. Our effort paid off, but more action needed]

To re-iterate, Bill S.1932 deals with Budge Reconciliation and its immigration packet has a clause that allows filing I-485 regardless of visa number availability as well as obtaining EAD and Advanced Parole with the pending I-485.

Though S. 1932 was passed on 11/3/05 in the Senate and its similar House version H.R. 4241 barely passed on 11/18 (217-215). The immigration clause in S.1932 can't be enacted and acted upon unless it is approved by both the Senate and the House. What's the next legislative step you might ask?

Conference Committee consisted of Senators and House Representatives still need to reconcile the differences between H.R. 4241 and S. 1932. The process of drafting the uniform bill could potentially leave out the clause relevant in relieving visa retrogression.

Everyone looking at this list should help out and write/fax/call the Congressional delegates in the Senate and the House because anti-immigration force would also lobby hard to get the Congressman to not inclulde the clause related to resolving visa retrogression, which many readers in this forum desperately need.

Please ask your friends and family members (i.e. parents, spouse, brothers and sisters) to write/fax/phone to your Congressional Delegates TODAY to show the support of S.1932.

There is a free service provided at http://www.IsnAmerica.org that allows you to efficiently send however many faxes to members of the Senate/House using the WebFax Service. The registration only takes a minute and you can send the faxes to ALL Senators and House of Representatives in your state who are undecided or pro-immigration with just a simple click of a button. My friend and I have used it and it works nicely.

For your information, the list below shows the leaders in the House and Senate and they may have profound influence on the committee member selection as Speaker of the House names the members for the conference. Since the WebFax can easily fax to all members of the Senate and the House, it is worth faxing to all members in your state and then call up the leaders at Congressional switchboard at 202-224-3121 to show your support and express your concerns.

***** LEADERS IN THE HOUSE *****
- Dennis Hastert (R-IL) -- Speaker of the House
- Roy Blunt (R-MO) -- Majority Leader
- Deborah Pryce (R-OH) -- Republican Conference Chair
- Jim Nussle (R-IA) -- Chair of Budget Committee Chair
- Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI) -- Chair of Judiciary Committee
- Lamar Smith (R-TX) -- Senior Member of the Judiciary Committee

***** LEADERS IN THE SENATE *****
- Bill Frist (R-TN) -- Majority Leader
- Mitch McConnell (R-KY) -- Majority Whip
- Jon Kyl (R-AZ) -- Republican Policy Committee Chair
- Arlen Specter (R-PA) -- Chair of the Judiciary Committee
- Judd Gregg (R-NH) -- Chair of the Budget Committee
(source - Hammond Law Group update)

Unfortunately, none of the leaders I have listed are based in California. It will be tremendous help if all readers of the forum send the faxes (from states covering the leaders as well) because the anti-immigration lobbyists might have similar tools and/or better experience in organizing their campaigns.

Thanks!! –ed

Guys we should be addressing only Employment based retrogression, simultaneous filing of I-140 and 485 and the revenue genration by increasing the fees(may be $1000 for each filing
let the corporate companies take care of the raising H-1 visa, which is not currently our problem. Please draft a letter with above issues only and start faxing to the committee(I do not know who are the members)

Senate passed S 1932 and House passed HR 4241 (without immigration package). Now Senate-House conference committe will try to resolve differences of two bills. With a God grace, we hope, they will include immigration package in final version.
My question; final version of bill will go again for the approval of Senate and House? Or it will be just forwarded to president?
Some one please comment?

mistry25 said:
Since retrogression was not included in 4241 all we were concern about get this bill through .But now onwards what ever will be discussed in commettee review will be very very critical for us and now we have to work realy hard to make sure that retrogression will be included in final version .We can create a seprate email group so that we can be share through forum as well as get info as a group and that will be more effective to share info .