S. 1932 Status

Great job everybody who is involved in this effort.The next hurdle is housed-senate conference committee.Guys, what should we do next? Write letters to house representatives.

bala_su said:
Does anyone know how california senator Dian Frankeistan voted ???
She voted No as did Barbara boxer, Clinton,kerry, cornyn, mccain, kennedy.It was a comprehensive and resounding defeat of the amendment.

We Did It

What a gift. What a Day. These Senators who voted NO on Byrd's amendment made our day.

The game is still not over. We still have to clear third step. Few things we have to do before President signs this bill.

1. Send email or fax or call all senators who voted NO and thanks them.
2. Send email or fax or call all senators who voted NO and request them to support the bill and make no changes when the house and Senate meet next week to clear our the difference between the senate and house version of the bill.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Now what is going to happen next?

We need to take action now for the next compaingn. First we need a plan.

What is the next step?

Hey guys,

Assuming this bill now passes in the Senate, WITH the immigration reforms, what is our next step? Is there a list of ppl in the House we can contact?

If there is can someone post that particular list please?

There was some talk abt posting an Ad in some washington DC newspaper "roll call". Is that stil on?

I think everyone on here needs more direction now as to what the next step is, so that if we can somehow sheperd the House ppl. (On that note what are ppl who are in the House called? are they the Congressmen?)

Thanks

What is this means ...!

immigration-law.com says

After the past few days dabates on the floor, the Senate is finally taking roll calls for various amendments presented on the floor. Sen. Byrd Amendment has yet to take roll calls. So far they have acted on twelve amendments this afternoon. Please stay tuned to this Breaking News site for the breath-taking news.

Updated at 3PM EST. What is this all about ? any idea...

pdakwala said:
What a gift. What a Day. These Senators who voted NO on Byrd's amendment made our day.

The game is still not over. We still have to clear third step. Few things we have to do before President signs this bill.

1. Send email or fax or call all senators who voted NO and thanks them.
2. Send email or fax or call all senators who voted NO and request them to support the bill and make no changes when the house and Senate meet next week to clear our the difference between the senate and house version of the bill.

Cheers

Guys

For the next steps...

If somebody can prepare the content and give us it would be great!!

Most of us prefer email insted of fax due to some restrictions at office.

So, please provide the CONTENT and eMAIL addresses

Lets the Campaign begin :D

When does this thing move to the house?

First, Congratulations !!!!

The margin of vote is extremly comforting. This shows support across party lines.

Pls. post any info. on timeline for the bill.

Good job!

Guys..everyone who worked hard at this lobbying efforts deserves kudos. Great job. I am personally faxing Thank you messages to Senators from my state. Everyone else please do the same and keep the momentum going. Next step is to get it through the housed-senate conference committee. Thanks everyone.

We need to explain what recapture means

A pretty convincing argument is the one that the visa number incrase is necessary to relief people who has been in the greencard card queue for many years already. It is not necessarily about bringing more people in. Also, we should send letters to the immigration reduction leaders (NumbersUSA, FAIR). If we get some of them to understand our cause, the opposition may be minimized and we are fine from there. I will express that the greencard applicants do not benefit from H1B increase, but it is a reality that an optimal number of H1Bs are necessary to keep America competitive and avoid more offshoring, therefore the S.1932 bill is legitimate.

Good work everyone !

deba_sinh said:
Guys..everyone who worked hard at this lobbying efforts deserves kudos. Great job. I am personally faxing Thank you messages to Senators from my state. Everyone else please do the same and keep the momentum going. Next step is to get it through the housed-senate conference committee. Thanks everyone.

I am proud of you guys

I am really very proud of you all who did send fax/phone to lawmakers. (I could not do that and regret..but will join now in this efforts). You are doing a wonderful job....Bas..I say "Lage Raho"....

Guys:

CONGRATS to all of us !! Our cup is only half full. Let's not lose any momentum. The action shifts towards lobbying hard with the house of Reps now.

It was also heartening to note thet we won with such a huge margin 85 -14.
I am tired but also thrilled with today's event.

I am proud of you guys

I am really very proud of you all who did send fax/phone to lawmakers. (I could not do that and regret..but will join now in this effort). You are doing a wonderful job....Bas..I say "Lage Raho"....

we are on the same boat, helpwithGC

helpwithGC said:
Hope you are not playing with our emotions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it is TRUE we have done our part... Great guys!!

HelpwithGC, we are on the same boat here, i am also affected by this retrogression (EB3, PD 2003). I am not trying to make fun here whatsoever. If you are offended by my updating post being too fast, I can just be quiet next time... I was just thinking the other people who do NOT have TV / net access can get some sort of relief as quick as possible.