S. 1932 Status

faxed

I could not get them on phone.

I faxed both the senators Barack Obama and Dick Durbin explaining them that amendment introduced by Senator Byrd and his speech did not present the correct facts. The bill is about legal aliens and asking to recapture the visa numbers unused in previous years.

Pls say NO to Byrd amendment and support the bill.

Can you post the contents of your Letter ?
Sathish.N

anildel said:
I could not get them on phone.

I faxed both the senators Barack Obama and Dick Durbin explaining them that amendment introduced by Senator Byrd and his speech did not present the correct facts. The bill is about legal aliens and asking to recapture the visa numbers unused in previous years.

Pls say NO to Byrd amendment and support the bill.

FAXED 15 senators (50-50 Dems and REPUBS)

GOSH... I still can't believe dems are acting that dumb! :confused: :confused:

I'd support republicans any day if this thing gets through.

faxed the below letter to 27 senators. Rest tomorrow. The spreadsheet with the fax numbers is very handy (I was looking up the web and getting the fax numbers for each before that - thank you).

I think we need to continue this thing tomorrow morning. I am delighted at the participation from everyone for this campaign. We should fill their offices with paper by tomorrow morning so they don't forget to say NO to the amendment.

Honorable Senator ,

I am writing this to request you to please VOTE AGAINST THE BYRD AMENDMENT on the budgetory reconciliation bill (S.1932).

There are many misconceptions about these relief provisions attached to the budgetary proposal, and the major fear seems to be that this proposal will lead to Americans lose more jobs. However, these relief provisions have nothing in them, which will lose American jobs. On the other hand, in the abscence of these relief proposals, the American IT industry stands to lose many of its most experienced and hardworking people and thereby lose tremendous momentum. These provisions give relief to the guest workers WHO ARE ALREADY HERE LEGALLY AND LABOR CERTIFIED FOR IMMIGRATION - that is they are doing the jobs for which the employers cannot find American workers after advertising many times over in the media with competitive salary and benefits (thus certified by the labor department after close scrutiny). Many Americans do not seem to understand this, that is why this issue is often mixed up with illegal immigration.

Our immigration system is badly broken, those who dis-regard the law should be punished, and the illegal immigration should be curbed urgently - everybody agrees on all these points. But it is un-American to punish the LEGAL immigrant community AGAIN AND AGAIN for the mistakes of a failed burocracy and a broken system. It is cruelty to ask people who patiently stood in line for four to five years already, to wait for another five years without any interim benefits like AC21 protection. American Industry needs the services of the highly skilled workers who are ALREADY HERE LEGALLY and standing in line for immigration for several years already. Without immediate relief, many of them will go out of status and be forced to leave the country and it will be a great loss for the American IT industry. It is an undeniable fact that for the speciality IT jobs like large database security designing, enterprise ERP implementation, enterprise datawarehousing etc., IT companies are struggling to find qualified workers, even with the guest worker program. It will be a tremendous loss to the American Industry if we lose the experienced professionals who support the lifeline systems of the industry because the senate and the house failed to recognize the genuine need for relief at this critical juncture.

I once again request to you to PLEASE VOTE AGAIST THE BYRD AMENDMENT on the budgetory reconciliation bill, in the greater interest of America.

Thanking you again,

Yours sincerely,

Guys:

I have sent faxes / email to all the Senators explaining the issue and urged a NO to the Byrd amendment. I have also called about 30 Senators offices and spoken to them. Worked on it for a major part of the day today since it was a slightly slow day today. All of us here have really worked hard for a common cause and I am really proud of us all. I do not know how to interpret tomorrow's voting pattern after the debate today. I had given up all hope after the idiot's (Byrd) speech and the second one by the Rep from Alabama. Cornyn and Senator from Georgia's talk has given me some hope again. Surely large groups like Compete America and ISN are definitely lobbying in a major way. Let us pray collectively for this amendment to be voted against tomorrow. May GOD help us.

Faxed Letter

I faxed the letter above after a few changes to about 25 senators. I marked on top of the fax "Urgent Time Sensitive Fax", so that someone looking at it will pass on the message to the senator. Also I put on bold it is coming up for vote on "November 3", so that people will know..

One better statement on the above message is to change "relief provisions" at a few places to "immigration relief provisions" as this bill S.1932 has many other provisions and the message above seems to assume that this bill is just about immigration. I also included "Section 8001", which is the immigration part of this bill.

Planning to fax to atleast 10 more tomorrow morning.. Good luck to all.

I faxed/e-mailed/called my senators and congressman early 6 am this morning (11/2/05) since Washington is three hours in advance.

I am so proud of the positive efforts put in by each participant/viewer in this forum in the face of adversity, retrogression.

Great job everyone!!

With our united, concerted, and progressive efforts we will prevail in our objective which is to eliminate EB retrogression.

Health care field too

The above is a great letter. But it mentions only about the IT field. It would be better to add 'health care and other filelds' too.

I am so disappointed!!

The anti immigration group is gaining stregth. I don't see any support from other organizations. Look like this will not survive... we may lose the battle... :mad:

Excellent letter, but...

I copied to Word and will midify a bit to fax to senators. There are a few typos. Please everyone, check the spelling before sending out to the senators. Hope I am not offending the author. Thanks.

optimistguy said:
faxed the below letter to 27 senators. Rest tomorrow. The spreadsheet with the fax numbers is very handy (I was looking up the web and getting the fax numbers for each before that - thank you).

I think we need to continue this thing tomorrow morning. I am delighted at the participation from everyone for this campaign. We should fill their offices with paper by tomorrow morning so they don't forget to say NO to the amendment.

Honorable Senator ,

I am writing this to request you to please VOTE AGAINST THE BYRD AMENDMENT on the budgetory reconciliation bill (S.1932).

There are many misconceptions about these relief provisions attached to the budgetary proposal, and the major fear seems to be that this proposal will lead to Americans lose more jobs. However, these relief provisions have nothing in them, which will lose American jobs. On the other hand, in the abscence of these relief proposals, the American IT industry stands to lose many of its most experienced and hardworking people and thereby lose tremendous momentum. These provisions give relief to the guest workers WHO ARE ALREADY HERE LEGALLY AND LABOR CERTIFIED FOR IMMIGRATION - that is they are doing the jobs for which the employers cannot find American workers after advertising many times over in the media with competitive salary and benefits (thus certified by the labor department after close scrutiny). Many Americans do not seem to understand this, that is why this issue is often mixed up with illegal immigration.

Our immigration system is badly broken, those who dis-regard the law should be punished, and the illegal immigration should be curbed urgently - everybody agrees on all these points. But it is un-American to punish the LEGAL immigrant community AGAIN AND AGAIN for the mistakes of a failed burocracy and a broken system. It is cruelty to ask people who patiently stood in line for four to five years already, to wait for another five years without any interim benefits like AC21 protection. American Industry needs the services of the highly skilled workers who are ALREADY HERE LEGALLY and standing in line for immigration for several years already. Without immediate relief, many of them will go out of status and be forced to leave the country and it will be a great loss for the American IT industry. It is an undeniable fact that for the speciality IT jobs like large database security designing, enterprise ERP implementation, enterprise datawarehousing etc., IT companies are struggling to find qualified workers, even with the guest worker program. It will be a tremendous loss to the American Industry if we lose the experienced professionals who support the lifeline systems of the industry because the senate and the house failed to recognize the genuine need for relief at this critical juncture.

I once again request to you to PLEASE VOTE AGAIST THE BYRD AMENDMENT on the budgetory reconciliation bill, in the greater interest of America.

Thanking you again,

Yours sincerely,

friends, we need to act fast, we need to educate this guy Byrd and other senators who oppose the immigration .. please continue to send fax/email or phone all the senators and educate them with the following message from immigration-law.com .. Oh is doing a great stuff .. we need such people .. i dont know what sheela murthy doing ..

Senator Byrd and Distinguished Members of the U.S. Senate

We are forced to repost our October 19 message to help the Senators, particularly Senator Byrd the real issue involved in the immigration proposals which are part of the Reconciliation bill, S. 1932. We are asking you once again whether you want U.S. businesses take these number of jobs to foreign countries. If you do not pass Title VIII, Section 8001 of this bill, you are sending out the message that the Senate wants these jobs taken out to foreign countries.
If you pass this bill, the following jobs will remain in the U.S., albeit by the foreign workers, but these jobs which are kept in the country will generate businesses, revenues, and competite edge ove the foreign businesses.
If the unused H-1B numbers of 300,000 are not recaptured and used, the U.S. businesses will have to outsource 300,000 jobs to foreign countries.
If 90,000 unused Employment Based immigrant visa quota numbers are not recaptured and used, these jobs will also be outsourced to foreign countries.
Distinguished Senators, the jobs taken by foreign workers either in the U.S. or foreign countries depend on the market forces in the global economy and free trade. For the international competitions, U.S. businesses will have to rely on some foreign workers, particularly high tech professionals, no matter where they perform the jobs.
However, if the job had to be done overseas by the outsourced foreign workers in a territory of a foreign country, they will not contribute to the American economy other than supply of labor forces, and these outsourced jobs will not create businesses and jobs in the related industries as they will not spend money to buy the goods and services in this country. The foreign workers who are hired and work in the country will generate and boost the country's domestic businesses and jobs as they spend their income in this country. Granted that the U.S. businesses will need their services and allegedly they will take away American jobs, the result will remain same: No matter what, whether in the form of oursourcing or hiring foreign workers within the country, probably the same number of jobs may be allegedly taken away by the global market forces. The huge difference between the two is that outsourcing of jobs will not help to create jobs and business within the country by the forced of consumption but the foreign workers in the U.S. will. Come to think of the affect of McDonald hamburger drive-in orders taken by foreign workers in a foreign country and orders taken by a foreign worker in town. Wake up, America.
Senator Byrd, what you have proposed will result in complete opposite consequences, obviously to your great surprise and dismay. Please don't be blinded by the rhetorics and see through the veils as a patriot. A large number of foreign brains are already moving to our competitors in the Europe, Canada, Australia. Our business clients are more and more bringing the jobs to foreign companies in Asia and South America. You are naive and misguided if you thought you could stop the rule of global economy.

Thomas Budget..
Just found out, this Link tells about the ammendments as they are getting Voted.Well only the final result is available.
This Got updated the moment Agriculture appropriations were adopted.
Ours is way down the list.....
They are taking half hour for each amendement...

[Page: D1132] GPO's PDF
Byrd Amendment No. 2367, to replace title VIII of the bill with an amendment to section 214(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act to impose a fee on employers who hire certain nonimmigrants.