S. 1932 Status

oops a typo in above mail..

It should have read Why are democrats taking a anti immigrant approach??

Thanks mistry25

mistry25...great job..for recording it. Unfortunately, I have no idea how it can uploaded. I am sure there is a way. Let me ask around and check. Meanwhile, anyone with more technical savvy in these matters, please help mistry25 to uplaod the audio/vedio. Thanks

Called Sen. Sessions

gcby2020 said:
Called up Senator Clinton office. Got a chance to present our case for full five minutes. Here is gist of my conversation:

1) If this amendment goes through all the legal immigrants will have pack up their bags and go back home which is against US interests.

2) It is shocking and discouraging to see such a thing from a Democrat.

3) No legal immigrants will ever vote for democrats again.

4) Why are de3mocrats taking such a immigrant approach? Arent we their future base? Why are they hell bent in driving us into republican camp.

Hence Senator Clinton should oppose it.

Lets see what happens. Am going to call up Charles Schumer now.

Guys please do it. More phone calls will definitely make a huge difference.

I just called Se. Jeff Sessions's office (R- AL) . He SUPPORTED the Byrd amendment on the senate today, but said it is due to lack of information.
So I decided to provide him "information". Call wasn't very well received. The senator's assistant listened for about 3 minutes and cut me off asking if I wanted him to support or not support the amendment. I requested the sen to reconsider his position and say NO to the amendment.
I know it may not help, but no harm trying!

Everyone, please call Sen Jeff Sessions and flood his office. he is the ONLY republican that I know of supporting the Byrd amendment.

Excellent, buddy. This is exactly how we should talk. They understand only the language of Politics. If all of us contact atleast one senator each and talk convincingly, then we are through. Please do it asap if you haven't done alread- Everyone call their state senators, that's the minimum you can do -please.

gcby2020 said:
Called up Senator Clinton office. Got a chance to present our case for full five minutes. Here is gist of my conversation:

1) If this amendment goes through all the legal immigrants will have pack up their bags and go back home which is against US interests.

2) It is shocking and discouraging to see such a thing from a Democrat.

3) No legal immigrants will ever vote for democrats again.

4) Why are de3mocrats taking such a immigrant approach? Arent we their future base? Why are they hell bent in driving us into republican camp.

Hence Senator Clinton should oppose it.

Lets see what happens. Am going to call up Charles Schumer now.

Guys please do it. More phone calls will definitely make a huge difference.

Arlen specter

Arlen specter is the strongest supporter of Immigration langauge in the Budget Bill.

I called his office and talked to his staff, She said for personal reason Senator could not attend the afternoon session.

Anyway, his staff did not have a clue about senator Byrd's amendment..She did know that Budget bill has a provision to recapture un-used visa but she did not know anything about Byrd's arguments that we are increasing the EB numbers by 350k and flooding the streets with aliens, etc...

Guys, we need to contact Arlen specter's office and make sure that senator is aware of wrong facts presented by Byrd's.

Arlen specter has a strong voice and he can atleast change the mind of his fellow republicans....So, please call his office and inform him and his staff....

I sent the following message to the SC represntatives

• Lindsey O. Graham, U.S. Senate
• Jim DeMint, U.S. Senate
• Bob Inglis, U.S. House
Respected Senator,

I closely followed Senator Byrds amendment about immigration part of the bill. I would like to sincerely present the following facts.

1. This is not about increase in visa numbers but recapturing the already approved visas (which were not timely processed by the USCIS due to various reasons, in spite of heavy demand) by congress with additional income. This mans, it is a temporary measure to keep the jobs in US and not to hinder efficient and productive American business.

2. This about legal guest workers and has nothing to do with illegal immigration.

I sincerely request you to vote ‘NO’ to Senator Byrd’s amendment.

Thanking you,
Sincerely,

Sen. George Allen (R-Va) plans to vote against the amendment

I called the office and they said that he is likely to vote against it.

Sen. John Warner ( R-Va) 's office claims he does not have a position yet.

Do you have a list of Republican senators who are going to vote against it?

Reply from Senator Dianne Feinstein

I send an email to Senator Dianne Feinstein and I received reply from his office ....

Thank you for writing to me regarding undocumented
aliens and the "Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of
2005" (S.1033). I welcome the opportunity to respond.

I have reviewed this legislation and considered its potential
impact on California, and the country, and I do not support it.
Nonetheless, I believe we must address the issue of undocumented
aliens already in this country, as well as the tens of thousands who
seek to enter the United States illegally every year.

I believe immigration reform is necessary, and any such
reform must include increased border security and the vigorous
prosecution of employers who hire undocumented aliens. With
that foundation, I will carefully consider all proposals before the
Congress as we work to reform immigration

gcby2020 said:
oops a typo in above mail..

It should have read Why are democrats taking a anti immigrant approach??

Democrats are pretty useless they stand for flip flops.

No wonder they lost to a idiot. this Byrd guy (his one foot is in a grave)

On his qualifications he wont even qualify for job as chaprasi in india.
its a pity as to what kind of ignorant idiots are in positons of authority :mad:

I sent the following message to the SC represntatives

• Lindsey O. Graham, U.S. Senate
• Jim DeMint, U.S. Senate
• Bob Inglis, U.S. House
Respected Senator,

I closely followed Senator Byrds amendment about immigration part of the bill. I would like to sincerely present the following facts.

1. This is not about increase in visa numbers but recapturing the already approved visas (which were not timely processed by the USCIS due to various reasons, in spite of heavy demand) by congress with additional income. This mans, it is a temporary measure to keep the jobs in US and not to hinder efficient and productive American business.

2. This about legal guest workers and has nothing to do with illegal immigration.

I sincerely request you to vote ‘NO’ to Senator Byrd’s amendment.

Thanking you,
Sincerely,

Mrs. Feinstein does not have any idea of this bill, like many senators that link this with the illegal aliens! The irony is that Feinstein is a Jew last name and may be her parents or grand parents flew Hitler's holocaust! People forget! :mad:

Senators phone numbers and fax numbers

Here is the phone number and fax number of all the senators.

Please fax them or call them tell them to vote NO on senator Byrd's amendment. Tell them whatever he has said on the Senate floor is totally bogus.

Called Senator Levin [D from Michigan] office. He will vote against it

Guys - I just called up Michigan Senator's Office, a Democrat. Secratary said the senator had consistently supported immigration increases in the past. So, he will Vote "NO" for the amendment tommorrow. One more vote in favor for us.. Let's keep pushing.. every vote counts..

I am from Texas and called the 2 Senators from TX : John Cornyn & Kay Bailey Hutchison.

For Cornyn I got answering machine of his Immigration secretary: I congratulated the Senator for his brilliant speech and his support for a NO vote to the Byrd amendment. I also informed him that by reducing Employment based immigration is a bad idea and would harm future growth of this great country.

For Kay Bailey Hutchison I had to let the guy who took the call to encourage the Senator to vote NO to Byrd amendment.

Please mention S.1932 in your comments/email

One of the persons above got a canned reply from the Senator's office regarding another proposal.

These are busy people...so help them by pointing them to what we are exactly petitioning them for!!

Let's focus efforts on the right senators

pdakwala,

Great job with the spreadsheet.

Kindly add two more columns for the states they represent and also whether they are likely to vote "yes" or "no".

This way we know where to spend our energies on

Labor_Wait said:
I send an email to Senator Dianne Feinstein and I received reply from his office ....

Thank you for writing to me regarding undocumented
aliens and the "Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of
2005" (S.1033). I welcome the opportunity to respond.

I have reviewed this legislation and considered its potential
impact on California, and the country, and I do not support it.
Nonetheless, I believe we must address the issue of undocumented
aliens already in this country, as well as the tens of thousands who
seek to enter the United States illegally every year.

I believe immigration reform is necessary, and any such
reform must include increased border security and the vigorous
prosecution of employers who hire undocumented aliens. With
that foundation, I will carefully consider all proposals before the
Congress as we work to reform immigration

I think I got the same text from her office, when I wrote her last month(abt 3-4 weeks ago). This is like auto reply. Looks like they dont even read the mail and reply individually. She seems like the most mixed up senetor on this topic. I even wrote a note(PS:) requesting not to mix this issue up with illegal immigration issues, but I got the same reply anyways.

I agree. One issue cannot skew your polical opinion. I beleive in Mdicare, women having a right to choose, saving the evnvironment, not invading Iraq etc etc. even though I would love this billed to be passed AS IS. Does not mean Democrats suck!!! It is politics and Sen. Byrd is not a great example of a democrat.

Called Sen. Barbara Boxer

I just called her SF office at 415-403-0100 and the person at her office offered to pass the "NO" vote message to her. But the conversation ended in just 30 seconds and the guy did not ask my arguments for the "NO" vote. I am going to call Sen. Dianne Feinstein now.

Does anyone know Sen.Boxer's views on this?

Thanks

Normal said:
I think I got the same text from her office, when I wrote her last month(abt 3-4 weeks ago). This is like auto reply. Looks like they dont even read the mail and reply individually. She seems like the most mixed up senetor on this topic. I even wrote a note(PS:) requesting not to mix this issue up with illegal immigration issues, but I got the same reply anyways.