S. 1932 Status

The Offical TEXT of the Amendment

This is the text of the official amendment from the Senate Web site

TITLE VIII--COMMITTEE ON THE JUDICIARY
SEC. 8001. FEES WITH RESPECT TO IMMIGRATION SERVICES FOR INTRACOMPANY TRANSFEREES.

(a) In General.--Section 214(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1184(c)) is amended by adding at the end the following:

``(15)(A) The Secretary of State shall impose a fee on an employer when an alien files an application abroad for a visa authorizing initial admission to the United States as a nonimmigrant described in section 101(a)(15)(L) in order to be employed by the employer, if the alien is covered under a blanket petition described in paragraph (2)(A).

``(B) The Secretary of Homeland Security shall impose a fee on an employer filing a petition under paragraph (1) to--

``(i) initially grant an alien nonimmigrant status under section 101(a)(15)(L); or

``(ii) extend, for the first time, the stay of an alien having such status.

``(C) The amount of each fee imposed under subparagraph (A) or (B) shall be $1,500.

``(D) Fees imposed under subparagraphs (A) and (B)--

``(i) shall apply to principal aliens; and

``(ii) shall not apply to spouses or children who are accompanying or following to join such principal aliens.

``(E)(i) An employer may not require an alien who is the beneficiary of the visa or petition for which a fee is imposed under this paragraph to reimburse, or otherwise compensate, the employer for part or all of the cost of such fee.

``(ii) Any person or entity which is determined, after notice and opportunity for an administrative hearing, to have violated clause (i) shall be subject to the civil penalty described in section 274A(g)(2).''.

(b) Conforming Amendment.--Section 286(m) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1356(m)) is amended by inserting ``, including those fees provided for in section 214(c)(15) of such Act,'' after ``all adjudication fees''.

(c) Expenditure Limitation.--Amounts collected under section 214(c)(15) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as added by subsection (a), may not be expended unless specifically appropriated by an Act of Congress.

where can we find the order in which they are voting

BTW, House is also talking budget. CSPAN 1

Folks

I am watching C-SPAN3 right now.
They are discussing about Iraq and detainees

Where is the link for reconcilation discussion

Its look like this will not happens today.. Senators are planning for voice vote or come tomorrow. Hope for the best.

I saw lot of "I" votes. Do they count against the amen. then we have a chance if need 51 votes and i guess they cannot amend. it.

How are you guys getting these info, how do you get to see the order. they are voting

Labor_Wait said:
Its look like this will not happens today.. Senators are planning for voice vote or come tomorrow. Hope for the best.