S. 1932 Status

Contribute And Make A Difference

ok guys.. i made my second contribution of a 100$ at immigrationvoice and will make a third next week. Well there are 300,000 people stuck in BEC and all we need is a 1000 to contribute $100 each or 500 to chip in $200 each and we are there...Go guys contribute .... we pay so much to our lawyers anyway and nothing comes out of it... this might just change everything.

It's all numbers

Guys and Gals

There are 9 to 11 million "undocumented" or illegal people in USA.
As against them, there are likely to be less than 0.5 million people stuck in retrogression. Ratio 18 - 22 : 1. :(

Where does a politician get a bigger bang for his/ her "vote"/"immigration stand" ?

Which is why you will always see any "comprehensive" immigration bill will not focus on legal/ law abiding/ tax paying so-called "hi-tech" "skilled" "English speaking" "model minority" "cool :cool: " workers. :( :mad: :( :mad:

Which is why we will have to be prepared to accept "failures" despite our best efforts - we are working against a mountain as high as The Himalayas. :mad:

Also, Please be aware anything that Senate passes will not be final. House has passed not-so-kind bill (from legal immigrants perspective). The final version will be done by the Senate-House Reconciliation committee - do we see pro-immigrant folks in that committee????? IV folks, may be, you need to lobby these guys rather the Senate folks, just a thought.

Regards
GCStrat :( :confused: :mad:

gcstrat said:
Also, Please be aware anything that Senate passes will not be final. House has passed not-so-kind bill (from legal immigrants perspective). The final version will be done by the Senate-House Reconciliation committee - do we see pro-immigrant folks in that committee????? IV folks, may be, you need to lobby these guys rather the Senate folks, just a thought.

Regards
GCStrat :( :confused: :mad:

GCStrat, do you think we are going to waste our time lobbying the Senate, which passed Secs 8001 and 8002 of S.1932 85-14?

Of course we are going to spend most of our time lobbying the Senate-House reconciliation committee.

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
How come you forgot to mention that YOU CANNOT VOTE. Then why should you be taken seriously? Yeah.. if your employer (who is most likely a "voter") lobbies for your cause, then your chances of filing for I-485 "may" increase.

Why do you think the congress is more interested in giving legal status and other favors to illegal immigrants (mostly people from Mexico)??
Because, the biggest minority in this country is that of people from Mexico and other Latin American countries and ofcourse they make the biggest workforce (for all types of jobs from hi-tech to construction, etc etc.), by benefitting them, the politicians gain the goodwill of their community and hence their votes.

Thats why they don't really give importance to any clause in the bills that favor your immigration status. They know it doesn't affect them.

Second, it goes by demand and supply. Ask a nurse from your country what did it take her to get a Green Card. I am sure you understand the rest of the story.
Voting and not voting has nothing to do with meeting the senators. If you call your senator's or representative's office for apointment they will not ask you whether you can vote or not. Also tell me how many times legal immigrants have called their senators and representative. You will be surprise but the answer in percentage will be in one figure.

You have no idea but illegal immigrants are continuously requesting their employees to support the US chamber of Commerce and do something for illegal immigrants. Call US CHAMBER OF COMMERCE and you will get all information. How many times legal immigrants have requested their employer to do lobbying or call senators.

You are right that politicians gain the goodwill of their community and hence their votes but that does not mean that we should not do anything. If our voice is not heard then we have to kick our S and do something. The problem is going on since last one year. How many legal immigrants have done any thing except www.immigrationvoice.com

People support what WWW.IMMIGRATIONVOICE.ORG is doing. Go and Contribute some money. TAKE ACTION NOW AND NOT WAIT FOR LATER.

Article on Immigration Bill by Andy Grove (ex-Intel CEO) in Wall Street Journal

Guys and Gals

Very food article by Andy Grove titled "Keep America, America" on immigration bill passed by the House. It is on the Editorial's page of the print version.

Regards
GCStrat :)

Can someone post here?

gcstrat said:
Guys and Gals

Very food article by Andy Grove titled "Keep America, America" on immigration bill passed by the House. It is on the Editorial's page of the print version.

Regards

http://www.immigration-law.com/

01/24/2006: AILA Reports Push-Back of Senate Comprehensive Immigration Reform Debate Schedules

AILA reported last week that the Senate Judiciary Committee could start immigration reform debates as early as February 2, but now it reports that the Senate Committee action on immigration legislation may be pushed back until later in February or perhaps into March.
There are a few immigration portals in the community that monitor and share opinions and news on the comprehensive immigration reform legislation. The following three sites are particularly helpful: www.immigrationvoice.org, www.isnamerica.org, www.immigrationportal.com.
We will post the summary of the pending comprehensive immigration bills shortly. Please stay tuned.

I apologize I could not reply earlier

GC start,

Could you please post the link?

gcstrat said:
Guys and Gals

Regards

It is in paid section of online version

Guys and Gals

That article is in the paid section of the online version of WSJ. I do no have access to that.

Regards

gcstrat said:
Guys and Gals

That article is in the paid section of the online version of WSJ. I do no have access to that.

Regards

How about posting the text here ?

2005 LPRs out: 47K EB based went to India

Guys and Gals

FYI - from immigration-law.com website
Also note EB2: EB3 ratio works out to nearly 2: 3 for 2005 as against the historical 29:71.

Regards
==========================================

01/25/2006: Top 10 Countries That Sent EB-Immigrants to the U.S. in FY 2005 by Category

The State Department has just released a report of immigrant visas and I-485 granted in FY 2005 by country and by immigrant category. We are reporting the following 10 countries in EB immigration categories to learn where each of EB category immigrants came from. This 10-country summary may indicate which coutries have more stakes in each of EB visa categories (EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, EB-EW) in the comprehensive immigration reform.

COuntry___EB-1__ EB-2___ EB-3___ EB3EW___Pref. Total__CommentFocus (EB)

India___ 6,336___16,687____23,250____149___ 47,160____ 3 & 2
China 6,422 9,346 4,761 237 20,928 2 & 1
Mexico 2,932 368 11,844 788 16,676 3
Korea 3,427 1,405 8,316 915 16,167 3 & 1
Phil 777 979 2,911 41 12,723 3
Canada 5,756 1,643 4,544 13 12,329 1 & 3
U.K. 7,204 883 2,636 22 10,946 1
Brazil 1,883 329 6,227 356 9,145 3
Colombia 2,408 339 2,929 140 6,049 3 & 1
Venezuela 3,027 231 1,594 41 4,974 EB-1

For the full report, please click here.

gcstrat,

The figures on immigration-law are for the actual approvals in the fiscal year 2005. So we still don't know the ratio of the applications.

Also, since after may (or was it june 2005), EB-3 were not allowed to file for i-485/140 (orEB-3 were stopped from adjudication, that had dates prior to the cut off date which I believe was aug 2002), that would also bias the % between the eb2 approved and eb-3 approved. This ratio would be wrong proxy for those ratio of application waiting. The reality of ratio maight be different, 79:21 might further get skewed in favor of EB-2, as one would think that more EB-2 that were waiting got approved (if indeed they were in the 79:21 ratio). Also I am not taking the time effect, i.e. how much time it takes for a 140/485 filed to get approved, from the time of application. The better math would be to multiply the number of applications with time and then divide by sigma (all time* all application). I have given up on calculations, as the hard numbers are difficult to come by, my assumptions are based on various data in 3-4 different immigration sites. In lack of any evidence, I still believe that my numbers are the best guesses, but then they are simply guesses and can be very far from truth.

rgds,

GCstrat,
Thanks for the clarification regarding 302k vs 73K. One more question, is the 302k, number for only Indians or for all of the World.

rgds,

FY2005 data and retrogression

Looking at the FY2005 ( for India ) , a total of approx.40,000 has been distributed for One full year . For FY2006 , where we are already into 6 months , because of retrogression , I assume , the numbers will be in few thousands . ( I wish they publish half-yearly results ) .

Even if the retrogression dates progress very fast , In six months it will be impossible for USCIS to process rest of applications - assuming 30-40,000 / 140,000 is approximately consumed by Indians in FY 2006. ( I did not take into account 245i backlog as they are still in LC state ) ( unless FP is already done and file is ready for clearance , USCIS officals cannot take decisison ). So by end of FY2006 , I am sure , a chunk of 140,000 will go wasted .

Even if retrogerssion dates move fast and pending 485 applications are touched again , it takes an average 2 months time for getting FP interview / appointment and clearance from FBI .

So my point is as We are trying to fight for more VISA numbers , lack of co-ordination between USCIS and SD is already causing us to lose some of 140,000 numbers that are already granted by the Law.

Some good news

www.immigration-law.com
01/26/2005: Good News for Visa Movement

AILA has reported the DOS advised AILA that "thanks? to" the decrease in demand for EB visa numbers from USCIS I-485 cases and 245(i) labor cases still being held in the Department of Labor, the visa number would progress forward as follows:
Worldwide EB-1 and EB-2: There will be no cut-off date for the these categories.
Worldwide EB-3: Unlike the DOS previous prediction that the large number of 245(i) filings would be filed during March and April 2001 and it would result in a surge of EB-3 number demand and would limit movement of the cut-off date, 245(i) cases still remain at the DOL and therefore there will be movement in EB-3 visa numbers.
India EB-1 and EB-2: It will continue a rapid movement for the next several months.
India EB-3: It will move ahead but may become limited down the road.
China EB-1 and EB-2: It will continue a rapid movement for the next several months.
China EB-3: It will stay at the Worldwide date.
What a good news!

Maybe you can write to OMBUDSMAN

See this thread: link
Thanks.

atldolwait said:
Looking at the FY2005 ( for India ) , a total of approx.40,000 has been distributed for One full year . For FY2006 , where we are already into 6 months , because of retrogression , I assume , the numbers will be in few thousands . ( I wish they publish half-yearly results ) .

Even if the retrogression dates progress very fast , In six months it will be impossible for USCIS to process rest of applications - assuming 30-40,000 / 140,000 is approximately consumed by Indians in FY 2006. ( I did not take into account 245i backlog as they are still in LC state ) ( unless FP is already done and file is ready for clearance , USCIS officals cannot take decisison ). So by end of FY2006 , I am sure , a chunk of 140,000 will go wasted .

Even if retrogerssion dates move fast and pending 485 applications are touched again , it takes an average 2 months time for getting FP interview / appointment and clearance from FBI .

So my point is as We are trying to fight for more VISA numbers , lack of co-ordination between USCIS and SD is already causing us to lose some of 140,000 numbers that are already granted by the Law.

you are right on the money. i had the same feeling and thinking....
there is a very could chance that a lot of visa numbers will go wasted as a result of screwed coordination between the DOS and USCIS.

atldolwait said:

EB3 number affect

Since currently a lot of people are filing Perm and EB2 filing what will be the effect on EB3 category as a filing under EB2 can file parallely EB2 and EB3 category on I-485 ? Does the extra unused visa numbers that once used to go for EB3 now will only go to EB2 category?

The EB3 category has stuck me badly as i now have more 5 + yrs experiece, I cannot still file perm as i am working for the same employer and same job position. If i am moved to a different higher job position same employer can i file under EB2 perm ? and since i have an approved labor under EB3 and I-140 under process could i use the EB3 priority date after I-140 clearing ?