Rules for getting 7th Year H1-B Extension

pnarayan

Registered Users (C)
Hi All

I would like to know is it possible to get a 7th year H1-B extension if one has applied for I140 using a labor substitution in the end of 6th year of H1-B.

I would appreciate all your responses.

Thanks
Poorna

pnarayan said:
Hi All

I would like to know is it possible to get a 7th year H1-B extension if one has applied for I140 using a labor substitution in the end of 6th year of H1-B.

I would appreciate all your responses.

Thanks
Poorna

I am not a lawyer and in my opinion:
If PD of that LC is before you reached start of your 6th year, then yes, you can get 7th year. Remember you should still have a valid H1 to apply for extension, that means you should still be in your 6th year of H1.

m_chundi said:
Can someone point me to the list of doc's required for filing 7th Year Ext.
--murali

I would guess it would be same documents which you used to file H1B for previous 6 years, except for 7th year you also have to submit the proof that your LC/140/485 is pending for more then 365 days.

m_chundi said:
Can someone point me to the list of doc's required for filing 7th Year Ext.
--murali

I do not have any experience filing 7th year, so won't speculate, but I do agree with GC_Lover.
Look in H1B forum under 7th year and you should find all your answers.

m_chundi

You can apply for the 7th year extension depending upon the the pending I-140. The PD does not have any effect here.

You need the copy of the I-140 filing receipt, 3 recent paystubs, LCA used for the original H1-B, EVL and of course the new hefty fees.

hathwar said:
You can apply for the 7th year extension depending upon the the pending I-140. The PD does not have any effect here.

You need the copy of the I-140 filing receipt, 3 recent paystubs, LCA used for the original H1-B, EVL and of course the new hefty fees.
Thanks, I did not get my labor yet, though i have filed it more than an year back. I guess i only need all the I797's and recent paystubs. What is EVL?
--murali