RTD renewal issues

Aliena007

Registered Users (C)
In advance thank you for your response!

I work for a US based firm, and currently am in their Europe hdqtrs. My trips back to US are every 3mo. and will continue like that for another year. I have a scheduled trip to US in Sept. which is a month before my RTD expires. I do hold a GC as well and am eligible for citizenship May 2009.

My qustion is:
Can I apply for a new RTD while in a foreign country and have it sent to the US embassy in the country where I am at?

I know my question sounds dumb, but I can not afford to loose my job and if I can't come back to Europe at the end of Sept. I most likely will add to the unemployment %.

Fill out an application form and prepare to file for an expedited RTD before you get back to the US. When you reach the US, go immediately to the post office, if you can, and post your application. Can you stay in the country for a couple of weeks at least? When you get your fingerprinting notice, take it to the biometric service centre and ask them if they'll fingerprint you as you can't make your appointment date. They will probably let you do it. Do you have a passport too? Keep that in case you don't get your RTD on time, so that you can still travel. Also, think about applying for an RP. It's valid for longer.

Fill out an application form and prepare to file for an expedited RTD before you get back to the US. When you reach the US, go immediately to the post office, if you can, and post your application. Can you stay in the country for a couple of weeks at least? When you get your fingerprinting notice, take it to the biometric service centre and ask them if they'll fingerprint you as you can't make your appointment date. They will probably let you do it. Do you have a passport too? Keep that in case you don't get your RTD on time, so that you can still travel. Also, think about applying for an RP. It's valid for longer.

Thanks cafeconlech - but unfortunately I do not have any other passport then RTD. Do you have any idea what to do in this case?