RTD - Admission / Safe ?

cafe, I am an asylee not GC holder .. so I have to get the RTD ..:)
Why its better for the citizenship interview?

Well, since you're an asylee, avoiding using your NP is always the best. Sometimes it hasn't been a problem using the NP, but IDEALLY, an asylee should use an RTD or RP until citizenship.

If you use your NP you will basically be asking your COP for protection. It doen't make sense to ask your COP for protection when you are an asylee in another country(USA).

I thought you cannot use NP+RTD. Iam in the same boat I currenty have an RTD and I applied for my I-485 in march 2008. I had to travel to Dubai but they dont issue visa on RTD. Can I renew and travel on my NP and enter US on my RTD and will it raise any concerns as far as my I-485 is concerned?. Another question relating to travel on NP is Do the immigration authoritizes (dubai etc) give you a hard time since your travelled on NP and Leaving to USA on RTD.Pls response with our personal experience.Thankyou

I thought you cannot use NP+RTD. Iam in the same boat I currenty have an RTD and I applied for my I-485 in march 2008. I had to travel to Dubai but they dont issue visa on RTD. Can I renew and travel on my NP and enter US on my RTD and will it raise any concerns as far as my I-485 is concerned?. Another question relating to travel on NP is Do the immigration authoritizes (dubai etc) give you a hard time since your travelled on NP and Leaving to USA on RTD.Pls response with our personal experience.Thankyou

During my I-485 process, they did ask for a copy of NP to make sure I didn't renew it. So be careful. Also RTD applicaton asks for, have you renewed your NP. If you write No and get a NP then basically you are lying to the USCIS.

In my own opinion you are Ok to use NP as long as you don't renew it after obtaining political asylum status in U.S.

in my opinion ,the minute you get asylum = forgetting about NP until you get LPR statut.
I got asylum in 2000, LPR in 2005 , renewal of NP in 2008. I am not worried at all.