RP In Record Time

WoosterLad

Registered Users (C)
Happy to report that USCIS is truly stepping up to the plate and speeding up the process of RP production. I received my expedited Reentry Permit in just under 30 days! Here is the timeline:

Jan 20, 2009 - Sent in my application via Fed Ex
Jan 21, 2009 - USCIS sent out notice of receipt
Jan 26, 2009 - USCIS sent out biometrics appointment notice for Feb 9, 2009
Feb 4, 2009 - Went to Application Support Center to apply for change in biometric appointment date as I was to be out of town on given date. The friendly staff offered to take biometrics then and there. I accepted.
Feb 19, 2009 - USCIS mailed out RP
February 21, 2009 - Received RP valid for two years.

Now that's what I call speedy service!

WoosterLad
Permanent Resident Since March 2006
Eligible to Apply for Naturalization: Dec 2010

I did. I wrote a personal letter, along with one from my company requesting the expedited service. Even if you don't expedite it, it seems they are processing the applications in less than three months.

Happy to report that USCIS is truly stepping up to the plate and speeding up the process of RP production. I received my expedited Reentry Permit in just under 30 days! Here is the timeline:

Jan 20, 2009 - Sent in my application via Fed Ex
Jan 21, 2009 - USCIS sent out notice of receipt
Jan 26, 2009 - USCIS sent out biometrics appointment notice for Feb 9, 2009
Feb 4, 2009 - Went to Application Support Center to apply for change in biometric appointment date as I was to be out of town on given date. The friendly staff offered to take biometrics then and there. I accepted.
Feb 19, 2009 - USCIS mailed out RP
February 21, 2009 - Received RP valid for two years.

Now that's what I call speedy service!

WoosterLad
Permanent Resident Since March 2006
Eligible to Apply for Naturalization: Dec 2010

Don't be excited about this...It has been that way..In 2006, when I applied for my first travel document, I recieved it within 30 days without writing any letter. i have seen some who recieved it in two weeks...So if you recieved your travel document in a month, that is normal even though it takes some people more than that...

Faysal, thanks for being such a Debbie Downer! LOL. All my past experiences have been that the travel docs have taken months to process. This is my first time getting it in record time so I will be excited, thank you very much. Individuals have different experiences and I'd rather not get comments from you throwing a wet blanket on people's personal experiences. Thanks.

Hi I received an email from USCIS saying the travel document was mailed out. I sent out I-131 application on 2/3, FP'ed on 2/20. :)

It had expedite request with a letter of my company. That is it. I also put two prepaid express envelopes with the application. Others are regular, I-131 form, two photos and old RP attached. The FP came in one prepaid envelope. I think the RP will come in the second one either tomorrow or next Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
It had expedite request with a letter of my company. That is it. I also put two prepaid express envelopes with the application. Others are regular, I-131 form, two photos and old RP attached. The FP came in one prepaid envelope. I think the RP will come in the second one either tomorrow or next Monday.

Update on 3/3:

2/3 - Sent out I-131 application via USPS Express Mail with expedite request, two pre-paid express envelopes.
2/5 - Notice of Receipt date.
2/13 - USCIS sent out Biometrics Notice.
2/14 - Received Biometrics Notice in one pre-paid express envelope.
2/20 - Went to biometric appointment as scheduled on the notice.
2/27 - Received an email saying the travel document was processed and mailed out.
3/2 - Received a big envelope sent by USCIS. Inside is the second pre-paid express envelope. :confused:
3/3 - Received a priority mail with new RP valid for two years. The RP was issued on 2/24.

I will use the returned (unused) express exvelope for N-400 application. :)

I sent my I-131 application on 2/6/09 and got an email today that the RP was mailed out today :) Hopefully, they have used my prepaid express envelope because I don't have much time before my planned trip and need to apply for a visa too. I checked on USPS website and there is no record on that tracking no. tho. They used it for my biometrics notice.

Seems that the USCIS is doing a good job in processing the expedited requests when there is a legit reason.

I was wondering how long is it taking to get an RP. I need to apply for one and have no good reason to expedite. I need to travel in June. Last year i applied for RTD in Fed and it arrived in Sep.
Anyone, who applied w/o expedite request, can share how long it's taking. Since, we can only apply six months before only so ready to apply now ?

I was wondering how long is it taking to get an RP. I need to apply for one and have no good reason to expedite. I need to travel in June. Last year i applied for RTD in Fed and it arrived in Sep.
Anyone, who applied w/o expedite request, can share how long it's taking. Since, we can only apply six months before only so ready to apply now ?

without expedite it takes 6 weeks, these days the processing is very fast

I was reading I-131 instructions, and didn't find anywhere they we are required to provide reasons for expediting. Do i need to provide proof or writing EXPEDITE on envelope with work.
Also, can i send certified self addressed envelope, since i don't want it that urgently, or only express mailers are accepted. Any thoughts ?

What supporting documentation did you send with your application? I'm checking the instructions and it looks like for RP they only need a copy of a valid photo ID and green card. Not even photographs, which are only needed "If you are outside the US and filling for a RTD, or if you are in the US filling for advance parole".
Thanks.

hi everybody,
what is the validity of RTD.i saw in some internet links that it is going to be 10 years.(though not yet happened)anybody has any experience.