Risks form current employer in swithing jobs with similar job description

visa4sds

Registered Users (C)
229 days have passed since we have filed out I485 application. I have learnt that I am stuck in the name check process. I am assuming that this is going to take a while.

I wanted to know the risks involved in switching jobs at this stage. If I am able to secure a job (with similar job description ofcourse!), then I specifically want to know if my current employer can cause any damage at all as for as my I485 application is concerned.

229 days have passed since we have filed out I485 application. I have learnt that I am stuck in the name check process. I am assuming that this is going to take a while.

I wanted to know the risks involved in switching jobs at this stage. If I am able to secure a job (with similar job description ofcourse!), then I specifically want to know if my current employer can cause any damage at all as for as my I485 application is concerned.

No info provided if I-140 approved or not if I-140 is approved then you can move and your move has nothing to do with namecheck. If past employer revokes I-140 you are protected by AC21. Past employer has nothing to do with your I-485. once move hire YOUR lawyer so that He/she represent you( or you can use new employer Lawyer dont disscuss anything related to move or AC21 with Past company Lawyer) once move to new address file for AR11 and update new address with your Name, A# , I-485 filing recpt#, DOB, call 1-800NCSC and also write letter to service center where I-485 is pending.

Thanks for the reply. I have an approved I140. I filed for 485 only after I recieved an approval for I140.

thanks again. I will post how it goes in a few....