• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Right & Benefit As A US Green Card Holder

Status
Not open for further replies.

coom

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends , I tried to search for older post but I could not find.... I have a questions , I think other new Green Card holder wants to know too ..

What are the our rights (benefit) as a US Green Card holder other than :
1.live & work legally in US,
2.having a fire arm,
3. can stay in US as long as we want,
4.can travel to some other neighbour coutry without visa,
5. buy property in US.
6. can apply for citizen when eligible.

Is that all or another benefit, so most people encourage and strong to maintain our GC status ?

Thank you for your post, I wish this post can valuable for fresh new immigrant and other older GC holder but so far they never realized they also eligible for this benefit (& rights)..

are going to the States as an immigrant to be benefited from a fire arm????? you put it in the second place........ Sorry for you...

Hi friends , I tried to search for older post but I could not find.... I have a questions , I think other new Green Card holder wants to know too ..

What are the our rights (benefit) as a US Green Card holder other than :
1.live & work legally in US,
2.having a fire arm,
3. can stay in US as long as we want,
4.can travel to some other neighbour coutry without visa,
5. buy property in US.
6. can apply for citizen when eligible.

Is that all or another benefit, so most people encourage and strong to maintain our GC status ?

Thank you for your post, I wish this post can valuable for fresh new immigrant and other older GC holder but so far they never realized they also eligible for this benefit (& rights)..

A green card means you will obtain a permanent residence permission, which allows you to freely live, work and move in any of 50 states. As a citizen, you will be entitled to equal and lawful employment by any employer on non-discriminating grounds. Permanent residence permit is a way to full citizenship and is no different from it except for the right to vote - the most sacred right of any american citizen that you as a holder of green card will be entitled to within 5 years since your immigration. A green card also entitles you to all social benefits of being an American citizen, such as state sponsorship in education, research, taxation, social security and insurance, retirement and health benefits. You can legally own property, cars, firearms and other items that any other average American does.

Just to set a few things straight;

You don't need a GC to own property, cars and certain fire arms, have a bank account/credit card, scholarships for education and you only are entitled to certain soc. benefits if you have worked long enough after you received your GC!

With a GC you a eligible to work in any job, while on a visa that can be limited or not allowed. With a GC you are entitled to Homestead if at least all people on the deed have a GC.

With a GC you have to file taxes!

A green card means you will obtain a permanent residence permission, which allows you to freely live, work and move in any of 50 states. As a citizen, you will be entitled to equal and lawful employment by any employer on non-discriminating grounds.
>>>This is also similiar for all business/work visa holder

Permanent residence permit is a way to full citizenship and is no different from it except for the right to vote - the most sacred right of any american citizen that you as a holder of green card will be entitled to within 5 years since your immigration. A green card also entitles you to all social benefits of being an American citizen, such as state sponsorship in education, research, taxation, social security and insurance, retirement and health benefits.
>>> Does it mean our children can study for free in most public school in all state we live ?
>>> How about the health program?
>>> And as a Green card holder are we protected by US law ? can we call and ask for help to the US embassy abroad if we get trouble in other country?

very few benefits of having a GC mostly just obligations ... at this time its just overrated piece of plastic

For me, the right to move freely from job to job is key as I currently live and work in the U.S. on a H1B and have had over 15 interviews in the last year but have been hindered by my current status (only one company was willing to take on the extra costs of transferring my H1B visa but the visas ran out the week we were ready to file - this was at the end of last year). Now that I have my green card status approved I have contacted two of the companies I previously had great interviews with and have an interview lined up for the day after I return to the US! I should point out the I have a BA from a top ten U.K. university and an MA from a top 25 U.S. university and I'm currently employed at a good organization but have been there 3 years and I'm ready to move on.

Having a greencard for me means freedom!!

we forgive you bmx because you are homeless hehehe If you need help contact me I'll send you some money asap

we forgive you bmx because you are homeless hehehe If you need help contact me I'll send you some money asap[/

hehehe you better save that money so you can buy spare tires for your cab (taxi cab that is)

bmx88, if you have a green card what the hell are you doing here?!?!?!? I'm here bc I won Dv! How about you? you don't have any job except sending junk post in this forum.....

It's funny to see how a person will do everything to keep their green card while another green card holder will simply give it up. This is just life !

bmx88, if you have a green card what the hell are you doing here?!?!?!? I'm here bc I won Dv! How about you? you don't have any job except sending junk post in this forum.....
hehheh dude don't get into HYSTERICS yet...well if you must know I sold my company so I have all the time (and money ) on earth to post what I want when I want ... for you my "friend"... one advice .. considering your response on my posts ..US is not good for you so you should consider leaving ASAP...just an observation ...don't get mad again eh?!

PS what is "bc"?? I noticed that lots of people on this forum use some kind of odd words and acronyms which are not used in English language anywhere else ..but then again there is also people claiming to be civil engineers from Jordan (yeah right ) with atrocious knowledge of English and self declared "linguistic expert" with crazy grammar and just plain moronic sentence constructions in their posts ..so maybe this problem is not that big but never the less I would like to know ... who in the hell is teaching you to express yourself like that in written English ??????

Last edited by a moderator:
hehheh dude don't get into HYSTERICS yet...well if you must know I sold my company so I have all the time (and money ) on earth to post what I want when I want ... for you my "friend"... one advice .. considering your response on my posts ..US is not good for you so you should consider leaving ASAP...just an observation ...don't get mad again eh?!

PS what is "bc"?? I noticed that lots of people on this forum use some kind of odd words and acronyms which are not used in English language anywhere else ..but then again there is also people claiming to be civil engineers from Jordan (yeah right ) with atrocious knowledge of English and self declared "linguistic expert" with crazy grammar and just plain moronic sentence constructions in their posts ..so maybe this problem is not that big but never the less I would like to know ... who in the hell is teaching you to express yourself like that in written English ??????

hehe, my english is more than enough for you! so you've sold your company (spare tires for cap, right) and sitting infront of your pc and writting nonsence things all over this forum.... hahaaaa, congrat for your new job, we are waiting for your advice and observation ;)))

bmx I know it, you are jealous of me because I am civil Engineer, OMG you shocked me, I don't know why you are jealous of me, I tried to help you offering you money and food and even shelter, and by the way this forum is not for English learning, this is for Dv lottery winners bmx, poor guy, so sad for you, but my friend envy wont's help you, any way I am coming soon to the US, and for sure as successful engineer I'll use your cap, or I'll make you my driver, don't worry I'll try to help you. by the way I am heading to Chicago, I wish you are there so that I can help you with food or money,and by the way how is the life on the street? really sad for

hehe, my english is more than enough for you! so you've sold your company (spare tires for cap, right) and sitting infront of your pc and writting nonsence things all over this forum.... hahaaaa, congrat for your new job, we are waiting for your advice and observation ;)))

blah blah blah ....uh try writing in swahili ... maybe it would be easier for you ..
PS advice for you ... go back to elementary school an DO TRY TO FINISH IT THIS TIME AROUND !!!heheheh

bmx I know it, you are jealous of me because I am civil Engineer, OMG you shocked me, I don't know why you are jealous of me, I tried to help you offering you money and food and even shelter, and by the way this forum is not for English learning, this is for Dv lottery winners bmx, poor guy, so sad for you, but my friend envy wont's help you, any way I am coming soon to the US, and for sure as successful engineer I'll use your cap, or I'll make you my driver, don't worry I'll try to help you. by the way I am heading to Chicago, I wish you are there so that I can help you with food or money,and by the way how is the life on the street? really sad for

nobody sane can be jealous of you dude ... if all you wrote on this forum is true ... you are one sorry a.s immigrant with high hopes and not much brains ...wish I can tell you everything would be OK for you ..but I jut can't do that .. we both know its gonna be hard for you ...this is me talking seriously .. not even trying to put you down since you did that already to yourself
you being CE (you are saying that )is non issue with me since your are not CE for sure ...If you where CE you can't be that ignorant then and "limited" as a person ( from your posts you sound like someone who does heavy lifting for living ).....maybe in your country people envy you for some reason ( maybe you have the biggest moustache or the hairiest back and chest ).... or maybe your camel runs faster then anybody's ...or you have the prettiest boyfriend ... but over here ....people actually brash their teeth every day .. so no jealousy here .. just feeling sorry for you ....SORRY

hahahahaha you make laugh bmx, seriously I think you are hilarious, you don't know me to speak about camels and about that I am having mustache or not, where do you live man? hahahahahaha by the way I don't like to speak that but I look European more than you since my mom is french, and really you are IGNORANT, and by the way I have Master degree in CE too, and I'll be glade to make you my driver in the US, and for sure I'll bring you big camel to shut your mouth by eating his meat, because I am sure you are really hungry hehehehehe LOSER

Status
Not open for further replies.