RFI response

LAMBOO

Registered Users (C)
My daughter got Asylum thru Immigration Judge in 2001 and applied I-485 in Year 2002. She got married in March 2002 to a green card holder and her husband applied her I-130 thereafter. Last month she got her RFI notice (Asylum case) which is due back by Nov. 2, 2005. Her husband is expecting her visa availability in next 7-8 months when she can file her AOS on marriage basis. Also her husband is applying for his own citizenship this month which he expects to take oath in next 6-7 months. Now here I need your valuable advice.
If my daughter does not send her RFI back to USCIS will her case be abandoned and she becomes illegal. If yes, is it possible for her to get a few months extension for submitting her RFI response. She does not want to be illegal as she is very close to get her green card via any of the 3 ways mentioned above. Your advice at the earliest in this matter is highly appreciated.
Thanking you and God bless you.

Send The Rfi As Soon As You Can

Send The Rfi She Might Get Her Gc Faster That Way, Even Before She Submits The Other Application, If You Do Not Mail The Rfi She Will Be Waiting Even Longer, Because Her Husband Might Not Get His Naturalisation For A Year Six Months Is The Minimum Time And Right Now They Are Backed Up, It Usualy Takes 10 To 14-16 Months To Get A Passport, Also If She Abandones The Case She Will Loose Her Status And She Will Need To File A Waiver Which Will Take Additional Time. From The Info You Described If She Goes For A Gc Thru Her Husband She Will Wait Minimum 18 To 24 Months And That Is A Long Time To Be Illegal. And I Know People In This Forum That Have Received Their Gc Within Two Weeks Of Filling Rfi, It Is A Great Risk Not To Send It, You Don't Want To Get Them Mad.

Approximate Wait For Gc With Her Current Case Is 1 To 6 Months
Appr. Wait For Gc Thru Her Husband Without Complications Is 18 To 24 Months From Today

maca2005 said:
Send The Rfi She Might Get Her Gc Faster That Way, Even Before She Submits The Other Application, If You Do Not Mail The Rfi She Will Be Waiting Even Longer, Because Her Husband Might Not Get His Naturalisation For A Year Six Months Is The Minimum Time And Right Now They Are Backed Up, It Usualy Takes 10 To 14-16 Months To Get A Passport, Also If She Abandones The Case She Will Loose Her Status And She Will Need To File A Waiver Which Will Take Additional Time. From The Info You Described If She Goes For A Gc Thru Her Husband She Will Wait Minimum 18 To 24 Months And That Is A Long Time To Be Illegal. And I Know People In This Forum That Have Received Their Gc Within Two Weeks Of Filling Rfi, It Is A Great Risk Not To Send It, You Don't Want To Get Them Mad.

Approximate Wait For Gc With Her Current Case Is 1 To 6 Months
Appr. Wait For Gc Thru Her Husband Without Complications Is 18 To 24 Months From Today

maca! you seem to take great pain to make sure that the 1st letter of your every word is in "CAPITAL"... :D

LAMBOO said:
My daughter got Asylum thru Immigration Judge in 2001 and applied I-485 in Year 2002. She got married in March 2002 to a green card holder and her husband applied her I-130 thereafter. Last month she got her RFI notice (Asylum case) which is due back by Nov. 2, 2005. Her husband is expecting her visa availability in next 7-8 months when she can file her AOS on marriage basis. Also her husband is applying for his own citizenship this month which he expects to take oath in next 6-7 months. Now here I need your valuable advice.
If my daughter does not send her RFI back to USCIS will her case be abandoned and she becomes illegal. If yes, is it possible for her to get a few months extension for submitting her RFI response. She does not want to be illegal as she is very close to get her green card via any of the 3 ways mentioned above. Your advice at the earliest in this matter is highly appreciated.
Thanking you and God bless you.

Lamboo! How tall are you? :D

Lazerthegreat said:
Lamboo! How tall are you? :D

FYI: "Lamboo" in my native language means "A Tall Guy"... And I believe this is the reason why this person has this name? Am I right "Lamboo"? and plz tell us your height.. :)

respond to that RFE immediately. you need to keep your options open. there is a possibility that your family-based adjustment can be denied for one reason or another, such as visa fraud. asylum is one of the easiest ways to receive your gc so keept that option open.

Lomboo,if you're really a Tall guy,you would not waist your time thinking about not to send RFI.If you don't want to send RFI now,you will need to send it one day to get GC by any mean.This one here is the first opportunity,so why don't you want to repply?Are you scare spending money or any health problem?If you don't send RFI,the case will be considered dropped and you're not gonna be illegal.You will remain an asylee.Sending this RFI is the only one faster and very sure way to get GC.You're not gonna be walking in any uscis office for interview.If you enter usa by fraud,you will be pardonned.