RFI or RFE (Yellow paper)

lee_haircut5

Registered Users (C)
Ok, I got the yellow paper too (RFI or RFE) that requests the I-693 and supplemental form and the biographic form G325A by May 30 2005.

My ND is July 2000.

My brother, with ND of JANUARY 2001, also got the same thing.

The question is:
In the letter, USCIS did NOT tell us where to mail all this evidence. For those who have responded - where did you mail it guys?

Also, both of us HAVE submitted medical evidence when we first submitted the I-485. So, this is not just for someone who did not submit the medical the first time around.

What is going on? Is USCIS moving faster? Or is this a routine just like the FP?

Btw, both our update date in the online portfolio changed.

I was crossing my fingers that People with ND of (01/2001 +) wouldn't get the RFI..I am ND (may 01)...I was thinking that if they do that, it means they are just sending RFI's to applications to clear them up and maybe get rid of some more who don't respond...

There is no way the processing dates for this fiscal year could go to 01/2001..That doesn't sound right...

I thought RFI was good news but I guess not. Just like last years massive FP's were thought to be good news but werent.

wantmygcnow said:
I was crossing my fingers that People with ND of (01/2001 +) wouldn't get the RFI..I am ND (may 01)...I was thinking that if they do that, it means they are just sending RFI's to applications to clear them up and maybe get rid of some more who don't respond...

There is no way the processing dates for this fiscal year could go to 01/2001..That doesn't sound right...

I thought RFI was good news but I guess not. Just like last years massive FP's were thought to be good news but werent.

it is a good news, indicate our cases have not been lost so far :D

lee_haircut5!
On the top right hand corner of the letter, there is indeed a P.O. Box address. I used that address to send my documents. Also mention at the address tab outside the envelop "Request for Initial Evidence"

wantmygcnow!
They are asking for brand new medical in all of these "RFI" (some new drama created by CIS). And medicals are valid for 1 year. So if CIS is acting in their right mind, they should intend to adjust all these RFI's within a 1 year time frame if not less.

We received RFIE (request for initial evidence) today. It looks the same, I-693 and G325A by May 30 2005. The notice date is March 07.

Our ND is August 2000,
No medical exam was submitted with I-485.
Having been abroad once with RTD.
FP last year.

I concur with the views of Kaotifury and wantmyGCnow. We learn one thing though--INS seems to processes cases fairly sparodically. My RD is in Dec'00, but some people in Jan'01 are getting notified or receiving notices of RFI/RFE. How did they pick Jan'01 before Dec'00 unless they are using the principle of LIFO?

To Lazerthegreat,
So you used the address on the upper right of the yellow paper? That PO Box? Did you send it registered with tracking and return receipt?

Did someone actually receive it there?

Btw, my update date as well as my bro's update date changed after we received the yellow paper.

The letter was dated March 07 for both of us. We received the letter on Friday March 11. My update date changed to March 10 2005. My bro's update date changed to March 11, 2005. Previously, our update date was sometime in 2002.

What does all this mean?....

I sent it to the P.O. Box address at the top right corner of RFI through Express Mail with Return Receipt. So when CIS would receive it, they would sign the return receipt and post office would send it back to me.

Express Mail is very secure but I asked for Return Receipt just for my peace of mind.

wantmygcnow said:
kaoticfury, Have you received any RFI or RFE?...

yeah, just got it....update my signature...heh :D

so we should mail it back to the address on the upper coner of the letter huh.

yeah! On the address on the top right hand corner.

My online usps.com status showed today (03/15/05) that they have received RFI (also the actual name of the person = G CHRISTENSAN) who received it. I have also requested Return receipt.

I did the medical exam and am wondering where to send the papers. :(

When I try to check my case status online, it has the same info from 5 years ago.

Is that a problem my that status has never been updated?
Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on August 24, 2000. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.