RFI mailed but no responses from TSC

skyguide

Registered Users (C)
I mailed medical exam and I-693 to TSC on Dec 2005 and got return service card stamped by themon Dec 12. But I did not receive any receipt from them. Online case status still shows they mailed me the RFI....... Do I suppose to get anything from them to say they received and processing time will be.....

I call 1800 number, a woman with middle aged voice said she can do nothing and they received thousands of mails everyday. That's no way to check. Then she started to complain about her workload. :mad: I guess I was just unlucky to get her answered my call. I will call again.

here is how i connect to TSC... they should be able to help u... call the 800# then press 1 for english, then press 2 for (if u have filled a petition) then i think press 4 (if we send you a request asking for evidence)... then they will ask u if u have ur reciept #, then they will say enter it... after u enter it they will tell u (u have to submit the requested evidence if ..........and then they will say press one if u dont understand and want to speek to a rep) this will connect u to a short massage then it will say (connecting to the TSC) soon u will be waiting to speak to one from the TSC and they will help u...

the same thing happened to me and when i called they told me that they have recieved my evidence on so and so date...

good luck

skyguide said:
I mailed medical exam and I-693 to TSC on Dec 2005 and got return service card stamped by themon Dec 12. But I did not receive any receipt from them. Online case status still shows they mailed me the RFI....... Do I suppose to get anything from them to say they received and processing time will be.....

I call 1800 number, a woman with middle aged voice said she can do nothing and they received thousands of mails everyday. That's no way to check. Then she started to complain about her workload. :mad: I guess I was just unlucky to get her answered my call. I will call again.

May I give you a piece of advice Sky? Please do not & I insist DO NOT ever call that stupid 800 number. It will make you a whole lot more confused than you are already. How do you expect that lady will help you answering your question??? I won't be surprised she can even tell you her own name right.
About USCIS it's really hard to say what could really happen. Sometimes they will respond very quickly that they received your RFI & sometimes they don't but that don't mean they didn't receive your response. Don't worry you are just fine.
Atique.

Thanks for your reply everyone. I want to verify whether they received it. The only way to do that is, like annoosa said, call 800 number. Are they helpful. no, as Atique said, some of them are really stupid. But do I have another way to verify it?

I have never faced a problem ever since i have used this way to get information from them... I call them almost every other day to check on the status of my FBI name check and they always answer my question... one time i even got an actual officer on the phone!!!

annoosa said:
I have never faced a problem ever since i have used this way to get information from them... I call them almost every other day to check on the status of my FBI name check and they always answer my question... one time i even got an actual officer on the phone!!!

Annoosa,

Thank you for your message. Can you tell your outcome of "Name Check" from 800# and the officer ? How did you know your approval notice is pending Name Check - did you actually received a mail from INS about this ?

Actually every time I call and use the method i mentioned above, i get someone from the TSC... when i ask about my name check they tell me its pending... when u call the TSC they can access this information on their system... about my approval i got and RFE and replyied a month ago... and my local congressman's office (I asked them to check on my case) told me that my case is with an officer for a dicision.... so I am really just waiting for that Stupid name check which i still cant figure out why i am stuck in it? since all the criteria for getting stuck in name check does not apply to me :( :( :(

annoosa said:
Actually every time I call and use the method i mentioned above, i get someone from the TSC... when i ask about my name check they tell me its pending... when u call the TSC they can access this information on their system... about my approval i got and RFE and replyied a month ago... and my local congressman's office (I asked them to check on my case) told me that my case is with an officer for a dicision.... so I am really just waiting for that Stupid name check which i still cant figure out why i am stuck in it? since all the criteria for getting stuck in name check does not apply to me :( :( :(

Annoosa,

Thank you for your prompt reply !

" ... about my approval i got and RFE and replyied a month ago... " , so you meant that your RFE letter specifically said your approval is pending Name Check ? Then how could you submit evidence addressing "Name Check" ?

Thank you for your clarification.

no no... I got RFE for legal status.. but usually when u get RFE it means that ur case is with an officer and once they get ur responce its usually 2-3 weeks for approval.. plus my congressman's office told me 4 days ago that my case with an officer and is ready for a dicision, but since i have the information form TSC that i am still pending name check, i know for sure they will not approve the case untill it clears.... plus that after few attempts i managed to speak to someone in FBI and they also told me that I am pending name check.....

annoosa said:
no no... I got RFE for legal status.. but usually when u get RFE it means that ur case is with an officer and once they get ur responce its usually 2-3 weeks for approval.. plus my congressman's office told me 4 days ago that my case with an officer and is ready for a dicision, but since i have the information form TSC that i am still pending name check, i know for sure they will not approve the case untill it clears.... plus that after few attempts i managed to speak to someone in FBI and they also told me that I am pending name check.....

Thanks, Annoosa, that clarifies everything.. Looks like now you can do nothing but waiting. But I would suggest you to keep calling ( first to FBI as always ) ...who know one of the calls will trigger the right spot for speedy check ? Best wishes !

annoosa said:
here is how i connect to TSC... they should be able to help u... call the 800# then press 1 for english, then press 2 for (if u have filled a petition) then i think press 4 (if we send you a request asking for evidence)... then they will ask u if u have ur reciept #, then they will say enter it... after u enter it they will tell u (u have to submit the requested evidence if ..........and then they will say press one if u dont understand and want to speek to a rep) this will connect u to a short massage then it will say (connecting to the TSC) soon u will be waiting to speak to one from the TSC and they will help u...

the same thing happened to me and when i called they told me that they have recieved my evidence on so and so date...

good luck

I tried this trick, but still got connected to the NSC and they cannot transfer to the TSC.... Could that be because of the receipt number? Did that work for anybody else?

This is what I wanted to know in a message I sent yesterday in the list.
All cases transferred from NSC to TSC have this problem since the receipt number was not changed after the transfer, whenever you try to call TSC you end up being connected to NSC.

If anyone knows how to go around and contact TSC, it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Juxhin
ND: March 2002

BigSasha said:
I tried this trick, but still got connected to the NSC and they cannot transfer to the TSC.... Could that be because of the receipt number? Did that work for anybody else?

yes ofcource this is the reason... but u can change the first 3 letters of ur recipt # to SRC... just to decive the system... try it and let me know...if it does not work send me a private massage and i will give u one of my recipt numbers so that u can get connected

Last edited by a moderator:
Annoosa, thank you so much!!!
they do not have my RFI info in the system yet...so there is a good chance that they've lost it as 2 month passed already...
I'll just re-send it.