RFI is another hoax by USCIS

wantmygcnow

Volunteer Moderator
A member with ND of 2002 got a RFI. This doesnt sound right at all if they plan to approve all RFI-sent applications this year..Its over 25,000. I think its another of those hoax's to get our hopes up..just like last year when FP's were issued for every applicant...FP were previously taken for applicants who were ready to be approved.

This is just being done so that USCIs can watch their back if sued again...This is very discouraging.

My friend wantmypcnow, you are even more pessimistic than me.

First, some (if not many) folks have been receiving their GC after RFI sent.

Second, if USCIS disobeys the 6/15/2005 court settlement, what would be the possible result? That is typical contempt of court.

wantmygcnow said:
A member with ND of 2002 got a RFI. This doesnt sound right at all if they plan to approve all RFI-sent applications this year..Its over 25,000. I think its another of those hoax's to get our hopes up..just like last year when FP's were issued for every applicant...FP were previously taken for applicants who were ready to be approved.

This is just being done so that USCIs can watch their back if sued again...This is very discouraging.

actualy Sadasylee...I researched on the entire board and it goes like this:

RFI - To all applicants?
RFE-When reviewed by an Officer. May or may not get it.
BIOMetrics
Approval Letter

So they are just collecting all the information for the officers to review. I doubt that they can review 25,000+ applicants in less than 3 months(277 per day)......I think the point of RFI is that when an officer looks at your applicantion he should have everything...

277 applicantions per day to review..how can they do it? Unless they stop working on everything but asylee cases..which they should!!!!

wantmygcnow said:

wantmygcnow, if what you say is correct then why the deadline of Sept. 15th.? it wont make any difference either way to them. Why should it? Can you shed some light on this.

I think the deadline is all generic with USCIS. I mean lets say you submit a RTD and dont include your picture. They will send you a RFE request saying ok buddy you got 2 months to send me your picture or your applicantion is denied..Remember RFE is sent when an officer has reviewed..RFI means a clerk has reviewed your case maybe..or the janitor...it doesnt matter.

The deadline means nothing. If the deadline was tailored to every individuals file..for instance some did FPs' in MAY of last year..so if they submit rfi on Sep 15, 2005..their fingerprints are expired..right? Their deadline should have been End of August 05.

I think last year USCIS said ok lets clear out all the applicants that dont need to get adjusted(i.e have adjusted already). They did that..Now they are sending RFI's with a goal to get medicals from ppl who didnt submit...Ofourse its your job to remember not theirs.
Medicals were submitted by pre 2003 applicants..but 2003+ applicants never submitted medicals..this is for them...so a blanket RFI. To make sure the have everything when they have resources to adjust the cases.

This is just another way of USCIS to follow a process to get information. The deadline date means nothing. FY ends Sep 30th..so you are saying the officers will review all the applicants in 30 days if received on Sep 15th?

Had most of the 2000 cases been approved(Gino is still waiting with a 1999 ND), it would make sense.

And remember after the cap was removed there is no FY visa restrictions anymore. They can go nonstop as they do for Employment based/family based per their resources.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, here is optimistice view..

I think both points are valid in this debate. But so far we have only heard one person with ND of 2002 who got an RFI. There could be number of reasons behind it.
(1) They will approve applications with an RD of say June, 01 or July 01 but at the same time they are getting ready for the applications that they want to look at in the FY2006.
(2) This one RFI could be a fluke. The one with RD 2002.
(3) We should make sure the guy who got this RFI with RD 2002 is actually an asylee and not a refugee.
Please don't rain on our parade just yet. I still believe there will be a mass approval.

PM, I hope you are right man. But Mass approval still requires review by officers. How can they review 277 cases per day? if they were to approve 2000/2001 applicants?..Numbers dont make sense no way how you cut it.

wantmygcnow said:
I think the deadline is all generic with USCIS. I mean lets say you submit a RTD and dont include your picture. They will send you a RFE request saying ok buddy you got 2 months to send me your picture or your applicantion is denied..Remember RFE is sent when an officer has reviewed..RFI means a clerk has reviewed your case maybe..or the janitor...it doesnt matter.

The deadline means nothing. If the deadline was tailored to every individuals file..for instance some did FPs' in MAY of last year..so if they submit rfi on Sep 15, 2005..their fingerprints are expired..right? Their deadline should have been End of August 05.

I think last year USCIS said ok lets clear out all the applicants that dont need to get adjusted(i.e have adjusted already). They did that..Now they are sending RFI's with no purpose. Medicals were submitted by pre 2003 applicants..but 2003+ applicants never submitted medicals..this is for them...so a blanket RFI. To make sure the have everything when they have resources to adjust the cases.

This is just another way of USCIS to follow a process to get information. The deadline date means nothing. FY ends Sep 30th..so you are saying the officers will review all the applicants in 30 days if received on Sep 15th?

Had most of the 2000 cases been approved(Gino is still waiting with a 1999 ND), it would make sense.

Although your analysis seems to be correct, there is still no need for them to provide us with a deadline date unless it means something. That's what most of us would like to believe anyway...Regarding Gino and others who are still waiting, maybe there is a gliche in their cases. I have a feeling that most of the delayed cases are of those who have gone out of country using the RTDs. Although we have the right to do so..but maybe it has an adverse effect on our cases..what do you think?

How many idiots, or USCIS officers (sorry) working on these 277 cases per day? 20 should be enough.

How many employment based GC have been processed per day?

wantmygcnow said:
PM, I hope you are right man. But Mass approval still requires review by officers. How can they review 277 cases per day? if they were to approve 2000/2001 applicants?..Numbers dont make sense no way how you cut it.

I'm still a believer...

Well, I'm still a believer. If USCIS has to improve their process and reduce their processing time on all kinds of applications, they will have to do something drastic. I know it will take a while for asylees I-485 to reach at that level. But quite honestly, if they want to process all these applications, it's possible. They have checked our applications for completeness, they have all FPs (BTW, now FPs don't expire, they are stored digitally) and with updated Bigraphic info and Medicals, all they have to do is look at our applications and FBI results. If nothing major, its just a matter of sending an approval mail and print GCs.

I agree with wantmygcnow on the deadline issue. I don't think the Sept 15 deadline suggests that they try to approve all the cases that have been issued RFIs by Sept30. They always set a deadline for each RFE/RFI. I have several friends who applied GC through employments. When they got their RFEs, there were also deadlines by which they needed to respond and theirs deadlines usually were 2 to 3 months from the notice dates. So our deadline of Sept 15 could be set in the same manner as theirs.

My opinion is CIS is indeed planning for mass approvals; but it's hard to tell their cutoff date for this fical year and I don't think the Sept 15 deadline has any implication on that.

RD/ND 01/2001
FP 05/2004
RFI received 06/27/05

free100 said:
Although your analysis seems to be correct, there is still no need for them to provide us with a deadline date unless it means something. That's what most of us would like to believe anyway...Regarding Gino and others who are still waiting, maybe there is a gliche in their cases. I have a feeling that most of the delayed cases are of those who have gone out of country using the RTDs. Although we have the right to do so..but maybe it has an adverse effect on our cases..what do you think?

I think 90% of asylee's have traveled somewhere since gaining asylum RTD. I dont think that has to do anything with the stuck cases.

As for deadlines..Actually they have a strict need to do that because thats a process at USCIs. Everything has a deadline when they ask for something beacuse they want to close the case and move on.

wantmygcnow said:
I think 90% of asylee's have traveled somewhere since gaining asylum RTD. I dont think that has to do anything with the stuck cases.

As for deadlines..Actually they have a strict need to do that because thats a process at USCIs. Everything has a deadline when they ask for something beacuse they want to close the case and move on.

Exactly!Thats my point. They want to close and move on, and they cant move on to the next case until they settle the one before! Hence, this is not a hoax. Also people who recvd their RFIs and RFEs, had their GC in 3 months.

PM..what do you think?

Well sending RFI to ND of 2002 does look suspicious. Regarding this this law suit, CIS is like a sick elephant walking slowly. Kick it and you are going to get your feet hurt and pace of the elephant will not change.

Suing Govt. is bull shit. What are you basically suing? Brick buildings. I am serious. When you sue CIS for not adjusting Asylum cases on timely fashion who are you basically suing? The director of Lincoln facility. Well she got fired last month, pal! Her name is "Terry E. Way". Now who?? New director? She is temporary "Evelyn Upchurch". She is new. She does not know anything. It would take time for her to catch up. Plus she might be gone in two months. Who knows. NOw what... Deputy Director " Christian Gregory".. hey guys why are you upset on me..says Christian.. I am just a govt. employee earning $35,000/year.... Plus I was not here when this Lincoln office (hereafter called CIS) failed to adjust 33,000 asylum cases per law. And if I get too much pressurized I will quit. NOw who?? The Janitor of Lincoln facility.. yeah sue him. YOu will get $2 out of him and he will quit too.. NOw who...
Sue the brick walls of Lincoln (hereafter called "the CIS")..

Ok enough of that. When CIS has not taken any abrupt measures on President's Orders (Mr. Bush said no CAP!!! right???) so how CIS can be so obedient to some District Judge's order (Richard Kyle of Minnesota District).

Now what? Just wait for you fate. Deal with this Bull Shit of FP's and medicals and RFI and RFE. This the price you have to pay for living in this country. If you cannot wait, go to Canada or Australia or whereever. Otherwise deal with this crap of "hereinafter called "CIS" or Lord knows what.

Lazerthegreat said:
Well sending RFI to ND of 2002 does look suspicious. Regarding this this law suit, CIS is like a sick elephant walking slowly. Kick it and you are going to get your feet hurt and pace of the elephant will not change.

Suing Govt. is bull shit. What are you basically suing? Brick buildings. I am serious. When you sue CIS for not adjusting Asylum cases on timely fashion who are you basically suing? The director of Lincoln facility. Well she got fired last month, pal! Her name is "Terry E. Way". Now who?? New director? She is temporary "Evelyn Upchurch". She is new. She does not know anything. It would take time for her to catch up. Plus she might be gone in two months. Who knows. NOw what... Deputy Director " Christian Gregory".. hey guys why are you upset on me..says Christian.. I am just a govt. employee earning $35,000/year.... Plus I was not here when this Lincoln office (hereafter called CIS) failed to adjust 33,000 asylum cases per law. And if I get too much pressurized I will quit. NOw who?? The Janitor of Lincoln facility.. yeah sue him. YOu will get $2 out of him and he will quit too.. NOw who...
Sue the brick walls of Lincoln (hereafter called "the CIS")..

Ok enough of that. When CIS has not taken any abrupt measures on President's Orders (Mr. Bush said no CAP!!! right???) so how CIS can be so obedient to some District Judge's order (Richard Kyle of Minnesota District).

Now what? Just wait for you fate. Deal with this Bull Shit of FP's and medicals and RFI and RFE. This the price you have to pay for living in this country. If you cannot wait, go to Canada or Australia or whereever. Otherwise deal with this crap of "hereinafter called "CIS" or Lord knows what.

Well said Lazer!

Yes. Well said Lazer.

I just remember one thing to prove the possibility of mass approvals:

About 12 years ago, the got/house passed a so-called "Chinese student protection law" something like that. CIS then issued 50,000~100,000 extra green cards to those damn Chinese in one year (1993?). I called them damn Chinese because many of these beneficiaries are Chinese government supporters.

So mass approvals is possible if USCIS is really willing to do so.

wantmygcnow said:
Well said Lazer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone Knows When The Judge Will Sign The Settel.

Does anyone know when the judge will sign the new settlement?
Isn't the end of this month?

Ohio, You are going to be ok....because you have done the BIO. I looked at other forums(employment etc) and they have gotten approvals 1-3 months after Bio.

wantmygcnow said:
Ohio, You are going to be ok....because you have done the BIO. I looked at other forums(employment etc) and they have gotten approvals 1-3 months after Bio.

So, do you mean if someone did thier bio that means everything is completed and they don't require any more papers or to send you RFE?

Right. Bio is used for your actual green card production. They wouldnt bio you if your case wasn't ready to be approved?