RFE Tracker

pandu04 said:
Thanks for your immediate reply.Did they ask you about progressive?I put one page exp with 3 tier architecture (Client tier,Server Tier and DataTier)from previous employers and 2 page doc(how i used 3 tier in each project etc) from team lead etc.

Did you get evaluated those exp.letters from any agency?My lawyer is insisting for safe side.I am having sleep less nights.Please help me.

pandu: This was my rfe concerning my exp letters:

The Education Evaluation submitted indicates that the beneficiary holds the equivalent of a Master's degree with a bachelor's degree and five years work experience. Submit a copy of the mployment letters used for the evaluation. The employment letters should include:
- Be submitted on the employers letter-head that must include the employer's address and phone number.
- Be dated.
- Be signed by a representative such as a supervisor or personnel officer; and
- Clearly state the period(s) of employment, position title(s) held by the beneficiary and duties performed by the beneficiary during the specific period(s) of employment.

I got the exp letters, my training, grad courses I had taken evaluated to certify that it is equivalent to Masters. If you dont have to prove equivalency, and you need to provide the exp letters jsut to prove progressive exp, then you dont have to get eval by anyone.

For Progressive exp.

I've done progressive exp. evaluation from mornigside.com, those service is fast and the customer support is bad (who cares?). They do evaluate Acadamic + work exp.

My lawyer replied to RFE yesterday. I am hoping that I will get an approval before the end of this month.

sriram1975 said:
I'm debating whether I should invoke AC21 and move to the company with which my sponsoring employer(current employer) has a corp-to-corp contract. I'm going to India in July for 3 weeks. Still wondering if I should use AC21 after coming back from India or change right now. I dont want any problems while coming back. Any advice?

Hi Sriram, Since you have finished 6 mos from filing 140 and 485, technically there is no problem of invoking Ac21 any time you want. Also since you are EB2, I think you should be getting your 485 approval any time soon. I have seen postings saying that ppl have got 485 approval 2 weeks after 140 approval.
I would hang on for some more time with the same employer unless they are milking you bad. Also try to get a copy of 140 approval for yourself. If you are traveling out of country with 485 approval around the corner, i think it is best to carry AP with you.

That is what I could think of (with my limited knowledge gained from this forum). Hope it helps. ALL THE BEST.

rak1974 said:
Hi Sriram, Since you have finished 6 mos from filing 140 and 485, technically there is no problem of invoking Ac21 any time you want. Also since you are EB2, I think you should be getting your 485 approval any time soon. I have seen postings saying that ppl have got 485 approval 2 weeks after 140 approval.
I would hang on for some more time with the same employer unless they are milking you bad. Also try to get a copy of 140 approval for yourself. If you are traveling out of country with 485 approval around the corner, i think it is best to carry AP with you.

That is what I could think of (with my limited knowledge gained from this forum). Hope it helps. ALL THE BEST.

Thanks rak1974. If I switch Employers and work with the primary vendor of my client instead of my company I can make about 20% more. But with my India trip next month, I woudlnt want any NOID or RFE on my 485 which jeopardizes my entry. I'm on 7th yr H1 but do not have H1 stamp. SO planning to enter on AP. GOod luck on your 140. My 140 got approved in 10 days after USCIS received reply so hopefully yours should be soon.

Guys: This update is quite unfortunate for me it seems. Have not been able to talk to my laywer but my HR rep did. Now she has no idea what he told her..went over her head. I think what she gathered is that USCIS is telling my lawyer to convert the case from EB2 to EB3. Not sure why

Here is my Q. Will they expect us to re-file or do they just convert from EB2 to EB3? We barely made the dates to file concurrently. If they ask us to re-file, me and my wife shall not be able to get benefits of EAD/AP and that would be such an unfortunate thing. I shall talk to the lawyer on Thursday where he is going to explain things to me.

Until then I am worried...will I have to re-file and loose 485 benefits? Or does USCIS simply convert EB2 to EB3?

To add salt to the wounds, just got an email from USCIS that my EAD has been approved and cards shall be mailed out soon, when ready. If my EB2 is not converted to EB3 and 485 needs to be refiled..it would be quite unfortunate..having received cards which are useless! :(

Does anyone have any info on above?

RFE on experience letter

Dear Gurus,

I just received an RFE for experience evaluation.I have copies of the offer letters and resignation letters from each of my prior employers.However, none of them describe the job responsibilites and the skill set required. After recieveing the RFE I was able to contact two of the employers for updated documents but two others are no longer in existence. Could anybody please advise what can be done under the circumstances.Please note that I do not have any contact information for colleagues either. I was with each of these companies for a year way back in 1997.

Could some one please advise... What would be the best way to approach this problem....Do RFE's of this sort lead to denials...I am very worried and tense.Pleasse help!!!!