RFE response OCT 24 waiting NSC

my case was transferred on friday. i will wait till the end of month.
i will go and visit local office next month.

hi my rfe was recieved on oct 9 still waiting for approval. net time when i call iio what should i ask them

Pears:

Sorry to hear that your case is transferred to local INS. Don't know when this waiting period will get over. Don't worry, your case will be approved...just matter of time. Also, have any idea as to why the case was transferred...did you get married on or around filing of your I-485 application, coz, most of the things which I have read from threads over here points in the direction that if you have married 6-12 monthsl b4 filing I-486, your case could be susceptible for transfer...this is what i make of reading from the various thread.

Hang in there buddy...good luck to you and your family.

I too hope to hear from INS soon..but seems would have to wait atleast few more weeks..as my rfe response received date is Nov 1, where as yours was Oct 24.

Pears,

Sorry to hear about the transfer. Since your RD is July 2002 (more than 16 months), you should hope to get a letter soon regarding your interview date (depending on your state/city of residence).

Just to ascertain the reason for the transfer,

1. Did you ever change your company during the I-485 process ?

2. Does the company you work for have a good reputation with regard to Labour department/immigration ( not that it matters...)

3. Were you married at least 2 years prior to your I-485 filing date ?

Answer at your convenience.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

In my company this is the first case of INS tranfer. No visa or green card application has been ever denied.

I got married 3 months before filing i-485 !
so I guess the theory applies to me :)

It is frustrating that they sent me RFE and wasted 2 months. They could have transferred the case before sending RFE.

Anyways, i guess i have been burned enough not to feel the heat anymore.