RFE-Received it although included everything in your package?

Did you send your BC's translation and your BC as well? What document you sent to proof the citizenship of your wife? (passport or BC?)

No, everything is done through the MSC.

UnionJax said:
This is what its asking for:

- Federal income tax returns and W-2's for the most recent tax year or certified Internal Revenue Service copies.

I sent them the exact copy I have as I e-filed my taxes for the most recent year which was 2005, I filed my taxes back in late February so I was able to send them my 2005 tax return. I also sent them W-2s. I sent 2004 as well and didn't include 2003 as my wife wasn't working much in that year. I never sent a letter from her employer so maybe thats why they are kicking up a fuss with my application.

It also says they want a copy of the applicants birth certifate, which I guess is mine. Im sure I sent that too, as I have loads of copies of mine sitting around in storage. So I photocopied it for a reason. I thought they meant they wanted a copy of my wife's birth certificate.

It shows they're working on our cases when we get an RFE, thats a good sign at least. Im resisting calling the 1800 number as I know you can get so much conflicting information from them. Im going to do exactly as they say on the form and hope for the best.

I know it means that they are working on it, but I really need to get my EAD as soon as possible and if the RFE delays that, it just sucks.
Oh well, it doesn't seem like the delay has been that bad for the others who got a RFE.
It just puzzles me that they ask for stuff that you already sent, and you obviously did.
The applicant is you, so they want your birth certificate.
I never sent an employment letter either, since the instructions clearly state that you need either your paystubs OR the employment letter.

And with the service number, I just thought that since you already filed, you can actually talk to someone who has insight on your case and tell you exactly what was missing. But maybe that is just a fantasy?! :)

Anyway I wish you good luck. If you send everything soon, it surely won't delay your case so much at all.

Yeah it does say on the form that the 90 day countdown wont start until they get the evidence back :( But having said that I've been doing this for years and I've never got stuff back from the USCIS (INS) in a timely fashion. So I've got to the point where I kinda expect things to go wrong, slow or get sent back to me for RFE's etc.

The hardest thing to do now is to just get a letter from my wife's employer as they are slow doing anything.

Thanks and yeah I'll be sending it all in A.S.A.P. the main thing to me isn't the work card to be honest, (whats the use in working and then having to leave it all behind one day anyway) its being allowed to live here with my wife and not having to worry that one day we may be torn apart by the USCIS.

For our infopass tomorrow, my husband is going ready to ask the officer...NICELY...why the hell we got an RFE since we sent all the information they asked for. He's just hoping he can do something about the delay in getting the iEAD...if it comes to that.

I'll keep you guys posted right after our appt. I just hope we get a nice officer.

I think they're just doing the same for everyone who sent their 2004 tax returns...EVEN THOUGH the 2005 weren't available.

I sent my 2005 tax returns though, good luck. Maybe I'll get an infopass if you have some luck doing it this way.

Then it must be that they have a general RFE they sent to everyone. You were missing the letter and I had the letter, You had the 2005 tax returns and I was missing the 2005. I think no matter which you were missing, you still get the same RFE.

Yeah, I am one of the" many other people", UnionJax.

Right now, i am very wondering what ur RFE look like.
Cuz my situation is slightly different and I am pretty sure We are ok by using savings to qualify the 125% poverty line. If we get the exact same letter, I will just go ahead to send them W2s, which I forgot last time, Employment letter, which we thought too much harass. together with the bank statement, explanation letter which shows the formula.

If I got the individualized RFE, I might have to consider the co-sponsor or joint sponsor.

Good luck, Payala

Ok this is what mine says:
F (9) The sponsor and joing sponsor (if required) on Form I-864 must submit the following:
-Federal income tax returns and W-2's for the most recent tax year or certified IRS copies...
-Evidence of current employment or self-employment including a letter....

F(11) We wre unable to determine if your household income meets or exceeds 125% of the federal...
- Federal income tax returns and W-2s for the most....
-Evidence of current employment or self-employment including a letter...

Both of them basically say the same thing. Mine didn't ask especifically for the 2005 tax return either but I figured that's why we got the RFE.

That make more sense now

F(9) is cuz you didnt send 2005', so u got F(9), but I did send 2005', so I didnt get F(9).

F(11), is for USCIS are not sure about the poverty line, Like myself, I missed the W2s and employment letter, which are strong proof of incomes, so I "deserved" a RFE.

Hopefully UnionJax can reply it also, since he also sent 2005's and I guess he got F(11) only also

Ok, I got F(11) which is the same as payala's and G(1) (copy of my birth cert). Don't know why they can't read the original copy I sent, I was born in England so its all in English.

Does anyone think this RFE is I-765 related, I mean maybe, our original forms are somewhere else getting processed and they'd rather ask us just to resubmit the same info to see if we are eligable for the EAD.

Does your RFE have a paragraph saying that you can't get an iEAD till 90 days after the RD of the missing evidence? acording to law blah blah blah?

I wouldn't have minded an RFE if they didn't include those 2 sentences.

Is there anyway that you can qualify only on the assets?

This I864 form is not made for those of us that are employed and are also self-employed. I would much rather just use my house equity as the basis for exceeding the povery guidelines.

If I have a house with $200,000 equity, it seems that it far exceeds the poverty guidelines, but I cannot find a way I can use it as the only basis. Maybe if I claimed zero income, or claimed I have not filed for 2005 yet?

Anyone else tried something like this? Maybe I can also escape the RFE that everyone else is getting.

payala said:
Does your RFE have a paragraph saying that you can't get an iEAD till 90 days after the RD of the missing evidence? acording to law blah blah blah?

I wouldn't have minded an RFE if they didn't include those 2 sentences.

Yeah, mine said that too :rolleyes:

thx UnionJax, and Payala, I feel a bit better now cuz I feel I dont go through this mess all by myself and my wife. I have you guys to discuss, that is very good.

I just wish the Employment Letter from my wife's company can be done as soon as possible.

Yeah seems like we're all in the same boat Okrenbin, I have my appointment today for biometrics ...8am at the Indianapolis DO, lets hope they'll still take them as Im abit worried with the whole thing being put on hold.

OK I just got back from the infopass. It was in the courhouse in Hartford. We were first talking with this chinese immigration officer who was very unhelpful and rude so my husband asked to talk to her supervisor, the supervisor basically told us exactly the same thing but in a nicer way...at least it made us feel better. She basically said that their hands are tied till 90 days after the RD for the RFE. After that they're authorized to issue the iEAD, I don't know if that's true but it sounded true. Every time I check my email I hope to see a change of status saying that they mailed my EAD. We'll see....
Oh and they didn't seem to have any more info on my case than I get online, I really thought that they would have a little more.

At least I got to eat a big fatty breakfast at Denny's with my husband.

payala said:
At least I got to eat a big fatty breakfast at Denny's with my husband.
Mmmh... :)

Sorry you couldn't get your iEAD. But, according to your overall ND, wouldn't you have had to wait until May to get it, even if you had not got an RFE?

Don't worry though, token ranger got his EAD approved not long after his RFE. And since they couldn't tell you about your case, you never know.. maybe your approval is already on its way! ;)
Anyway I wish you all the best.

So far I haven't got one yet. I was running to the mailbox everyday until I got my FP letters.. Now I'm glad when I don't get anything in the mail! Unless it is an approval notice of course!!

UnionJax said:
Yeah seems like we're all in the same boat Okrenbin, I have my appointment today for biometrics ...8am at the Indianapolis DO, lets hope they'll still take them as Im abit worried with the whole thing being put on hold.

I'm sure they will still take them. They won't look into it until they got the missing docs, but they will definitely take your biometrics.