RFE on spouse case...

hudakchullu

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Just today I received TB skin test RFE on my spouse case. Since I don't have a lawyer, I would like to respond it myself. Does anyone has experience of responding the TB skin RFE OR any RFE by them self?

I don't want to miss anything while sending the response.

Thanks,
HudakChullu.

Would you tell me exactly what the RFE says? I might be able to help you. It doesn't sound like a kind of RFE a lot of AOS applicants receive all the time. Is it just asking your spouse to go to TB test and send them the test result?

hudakchullu,

very easy I had RFE on tb skin test too. find a USCIS approved surgeon near you and call them first to ask them that you need just the tb-skin test only (no regular full immigration medical) and make sure you tell them that INS/USCIS has requested just the regular tb-skin test and not all tests. ask them how much does it cost? and it should not be more than 50$ if so find another doctor in your zipcode, its ok if you drive 50miles to find a cheaper doc.

tell the doc to get the test done and mark the I-693 medical form with his signature and comments on tb skin test. for ex if its negative it will be good if doc can write no reaction, and if its positive he should write how many "mm". after this tell doc office to put the signed I-693 form, make sure you sign the I-693 too and fill in your name, address, ssn and other details required etc adn then seal it in a doctor office letterhead with their seal or stamp on the back on the seal.

mail this back to USCIS to the correct po box address, note if you are sending to TSC then refer to correct po box address the one on your RFE is most probably not right for TSC. I will give you some sample threads where you can see issues and problems faced by me and several others on wrong po box address mentioned on RFE by USCIS.

make sure you use correct address and then finall but most important send an express mail from USPS and CHECK BOX FOR "NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED ON DELIVERY". good luck hope this helps.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=264773

maxwellhouse,

You are the MAN!!!!!

After coming home, I called the doctor near me who was asking between $250-$350. I called another one who is 15 miles away, she is charging $25... What a difference!

You answered even the one question which I was thinking to ask. Only TB skin test has to be performed and not regular full immigration medical. I will be responding this RFE myself... Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Hudakchullu.

hudakchullu,

very easy I had RFE on tb skin test too. find a USCIS approved surgeon near you and call them first to ask them that you need just the tb-skin test only (no regular full immigration medical) and make sure you tell them that INS/USCIS has requested just the regular tb-skin test and not all tests. ask them how much does it cost? and it should not be more than 50$ if so find another doctor in your zipcode, its ok if you drive 50miles to find a cheaper doc.

tell the doc to get the test done and mark the I-693 medical form with his signature and comments on tb skin test. for ex if its negative it will be good if doc can write no reaction, and if its positive he should write how many "mm". after this tell doc office to put the signed I-693 form, make sure you sign the I-693 too and fill in your name, address, ssn and other details required etc adn then seal it in a doctor office letterhead with their seal or stamp on the back on the seal.

mail this back to USCIS to the correct po box address, note if you are sending to TSC then refer to correct po box address the one on your RFE is most probably not right for TSC. I will give you some sample threads where you can see issues and problems faced by me and several others on wrong po box address mentioned on RFE by USCIS.

make sure you use correct address and then finall but most important send an express mail from USPS and CHECK BOX FOR "NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED ON DELIVERY". good luck hope this helps.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=264773

If the skin test is positive, I think you need to have an x-ray taken.

hudakchullu,

no problem good luck and like ykchakri says if skin test is positive then the uscis doc would advise you to go for a chest x-ray and then you can send in those results also

good luck with the rfe and hopefully you see your approval soon keep us all posted here with what happens

Hey maxwellhouse,

We went to the doctor and got the TB skin test done, we will get the report on monday. But I was told that since the physical was not done here (only TB skin test), they will not be able to fill the I-693 form. They are going to provide a statement with doctors sign and seal... that's it. I am wondering will it work.

The RFE from USCIS was just for TB Skin Test, so I think the statement should work.
What say guys???

Thanks,
Hudakchullu.

I guess it should be fine as long as he is a USCIS approved physician.

Good Luck. and keep us all posted on what happens like LUDs and stuff after you send in the response

Hey maxwellhouse,

We went to the doctor and got the TB skin test done, we will get the report on monday. But I was told that since the physical was not done here (only TB skin test), they will not be able to fill the I-693 form. They are going to provide a statement with doctors sign and seal... that's it. I am wondering will it work.

The RFE from USCIS was just for TB Skin Test, so I think the statement should work.
What say guys???

Thanks,
Hudakchullu.

The civil surgeon assigned by USCIS and NOT anyone else should fill form I693 in the line of the TB and the next line for the Xray (which should be normal) if the TB is positive. At the end of the form he/she should write a comment that NO TB and sign the form and seal it.

I have to leave early and talk to the doctor about I-693 form. I have moved from the state where we applied our 485... moreover the doctor moved from east coast to west, hence we have to go to this doctor. I don't see any redness on her skin, so it is definitely -ve.

I don't know by just filling i-693's TB section, getting doctors & spouse sign and sending seal information to USCIS will work. OR I have to change the doctor..... I just don't want to screwup my spouse's case.

Any suggestions?

Guys,

I should have read the RFE more closely. The last sentence makes it very clear, Here it goes "A designated civil surgeon authorized by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to administer this test is required to annotate the results on Form I-693 or to annotate the reasons it is medically inappropriate to perform the test"

I thought it was worth mentioning for future members.

Thanks,
Hudakchullu.

Same RFE

Guys,

I should have read the RFE more closely. The last sentence makes it very clear, Here it goes "A designated civil surgeon authorized by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to administer this test is required to annotate the results on Form I-693 or to annotate the reasons it is medically inappropriate to perform the test"

I thought it was worth mentioning for future members.

Thanks,
Hudakchullu.

Looks like this is NOW becoming standard RFE. I received EXACTLY same RFE. Is it advisable to change doctor OR one MUST go to the same doc. Thanks!

jbond,

It doesn't matter if you go to the same doctor or a different one.

My spouse went to a different doctor and things went fine. Today, the doctor filled the I-693 form for TB section and doctor & spouse sign it. The results were negative so she don't have to take the chest X-ray. The form was enclosed in a seal envelop and given to us. I am going to mail it tomorrow.

Hope this Helps,

Good Luck!

Thanks,
Hudakchullu.

Guys,

Just wanted to update. My wife case status was updated today:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On October 26, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Good Luck Peoples!!!